Game Save glitch?

My wife has been playing this game for a few months now. She went to play today and it didn't load her game save. I told her to dashboard out and try again. She did and it still didn't load her game save. It recognized who she was, loaded her profile, but it acted like it was the first time she had played, going through all the load up stuff. I checked today after work and it looks like there isn't a game save for my wife's profile on the hard drive. Could have a glitch completely wiped out my wife's profile? I've heard of glitches corrupting game saves, but never of ones that delete the game save.

Also, is there a way of loading my wife's progress from ubisofts site? I don't think there is, but before I have her restart I want to make sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My 'wife' started playing it tonight. When I view the achievement panel through the guide it says two of 35 unlocked, but then when I click on it for more information, it says I have no achievements for the game.

Same with looking up the profile on xbox.com, it's claiming I have 0 of 35 unlocked, but the xbox is clearly registering the 2.

WTF?

• 5 weeks later...