IT WAS SO GOOD! but...

Majorgamer123

Major spoiler alert!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[spoiler=1]The Joker died! that might mean no sequel

Edited by * Clueless *
Spoiler tags

i realize your late to the party but u could be polite for people who havent finished the game(yes there are a few) and maybe you could put up SPOILER TAGS?? ...just saying, u practically are giving too much info right in your title :(

lol, do u know how much info is out there on how he COULD have POSSIBLY faked his death?? Its funny bcuz in arkham city what he fakes is being Not sick, but Healed. and we also know that this story does have a lazarus pit in which ras al gul could give healing powers. So your arguements about no sequal are invalid.

Rumors are talking about a PREqual being in the works but, i would much rather see another sequal as there is so much left to the story IMO. Also im pretty sure rumor says Mark Hamill is retiring from the voice(again) so yea, a prequal idea seemed dumb IMO but it really shouldnt matter, with the engine they already have i dont think they can screw up on the next game and im sure they have more surprises in store for us. I was blown away by the perfect pacing and use of villains in both games so hopefully they will be able to repeat that aspect, with or without the joker...

Other rumors mention the scarecrow is going to be a big part of the next game which is why he wasnt in this one(much), and obviously Talia and Ras Al'gul could both return, the joker was great but does he need to be in every single batman story? i think they should hold off on any "prequals" for the 4th game, but they probably want to do a prequal before the 4th game so they can have some sort of huge story that ties the whole epic series into a neat little bow, I just wonder how far ahead they are planning.

Also, the first 2 games both had Paul Dini as the lead story designer, he worked on many of the animated episodes from the 90s(with Conroy/Hamill) and also many batman comics. its a huge loss to see that he wont be returning for the next game so, im thinking the new story designer is trying to go in a new direction as the first 2 games seem pretty complete but who knows... at this point we know Rocksteady can go beyond the story so if the story turns out to be good thats just a bonus, im just hoping for more challenging boss fights and hopefully co-op(idk if they will) and more clever sneaky stealth action next round and it wont matter whos in the game IMO

this info is all posted on this site if u look for it or just google

Edited by severed360

thank you to the mod who edited the OP :) im not trying to be picky but its still revealing if you hover the mouse over the title (before clicking to view the post) sorry to be this way since ive already finished the game :p just looking out for any future players... ah well im sure thats good enough lol

----------------

Clueless Edit: ahhh I see Fixed it. :p

I'd rather just respond here rather than bump this thread.

Cheers! ;)

Edited by * Clueless *

thank you to the mod who edited the OP :) im not trying to be picky but its still revealing if you hover the mouse over the title (before clicking to view the post) sorry to be this way since ive already finished the game :p just looking out for any future players... ah well im sure thats good enough lol

I noticed that too, ouch for new players.

I'm in the minority but I'm still praying for a Joker-less sequel. I don't want the next game to have ANYTHING to do with him. The Joker is overrated and overused, let Two-Face or Hush or Red Hood be the main villain in the next game, just leave Joker OUT OF IT.

...The Joker is overrated and overused...

I assume you have not a single idea about Batman comics, because if not, you would never use those words for describing Joker.

Don´t throw shit over one of the greatest villains in comics history and one of the most relevants even outside his own context, the comic media, just because he is a main villain in two videogames than happen to be part of the same history.

Also, he was not the main villain in Arkham City in case none of you were paying attention to the plot. He´s not even the final boss, it´s just that the way the story is told, his destiny seems like a more powerful ending this way and not making his part just a side mission, him dying, and then get back in the game to face Hugo Strange.

Two Face, Hush or Reed Hood are awesome. But except for Red Hood, which is not exactly a villain but whatever, the other villains modus operandi don´t allow for that much gameplay mechanics. The Joker, thanks to the fact that he´s unstable and every plan differs from the previous one, allows for game designers to find lots of ways of using his usual ways of attacking Batman in things that can be translate in a videogame system. In other words, Two Face will unlikely launch a Titan at you or even consider to do such a tricky scheme to have you running for him doing errands, nor will Hush do or Red Hood, but the Joker will. Therefor is completely normal than he has been used as a main antagonist in both games. Also, he´s way more recognizable and popular even outside the comic media, and Rocksteady obviously did want to sell the game to more people than just your regular comic nerds "I bought it because it was a comic inspired thing".

I'm in the minority but I'm still praying for a Joker-less sequel. I don't want the next game to have ANYTHING to do with him. The Joker is overrated and overused, let Two-Face or Hush or Red Hood be the main villain in the next game, just leave Joker OUT OF IT.

I am hoping for Scarecrow as his gameplay was crazy in Arkham Asylum. Also it appears Killer Croc is still very much around.

• 3 weeks later...

Talk about someone who is late.. but does anyone else remember the inmates after you beat the game saying something like two jokers, how do we know there isn't a 3rd?.

If they do a 3rd game I still see Joker being part of it somehow possibly as flashbacks, or him haunting Batman's mind. I think he has a plan, being taken to the hospital if I remember when playing Harleys Revenge and hearing his blood being taken. I don't see them not including the Joker into another game.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

even though i like the Joker as a villain, to me he's like wolverine (yea i know different topic, whateve but i have a point). always being used in a story. im personally okay with other villains taking the spotlight for once. i loved the story but i found it weird that batman was all sad about his death. being sad about talia, that's perfectly understandable. its like batman actually cares about joker - which i found just weird