Official Bitching Thread

13ip0lar

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops I just posted this. I hate that you have to shoot people with guns, even if you get the drop on them they turn around and blast you, there's no disarm, no tackle or fight option, so you just have to kill them. I think that's dumb and pretty unrealistic. I know that cops shoot first and ask questions later now but in the 50's I don't think they were so quick to pull a gun.

I actually made the mistake of doing this and was kind of shocked that I couldn't pistol whip or anything. I nearly died because I had to back up to shoot the guy. I never thought that I'd say this in a Rockstar game but the last thing I want to do in this game is shoot someone.

hi what am i missing i have the strategy guide and i still am missing 1 clue out of 14 when i finish the mission.

drivers seat mission.

This case is glitched, you have to get Frank to give up Adrian and then have your partner drive you to the only other location available other than his apartment. It will pop then.

The action sequences are so insanely hard. Too much trial and error, it's insulting.

trial and error? lmao are you really that bad at this game? theres some trial and error in the tailing sections of the game, but you shouldn't really be having a hard time at gunplay unless if you run at the enemies without cover!

There is no gosh darn save feature, just auto ave. I hate auto save in games like that are non linear. Its either start at the last save or continue with mistakes. They should have just have the standard save slots.

Other than that stuff, besides the clunky controls, the game is pretty good.

Boo rockstar pass single player games don't a damn online pass god why did ea start all this trouble and the screwed up thing is u buy it new and no pass the only motivation towards buying a game new what the hell seriously come on now really and it's not even up yet even though it's on the list of stuff to come out this week.

Boo rockstar pass single player games don't a damn online pass god why did ea start all this trouble and the screwed up thing is u buy it new and no pass the only motivation towards buying a game new what the hell seriously come on now really and it's not even up yet even though it's on the list of stuff to come out this week.

OK, first - USE PUNCTUATION, DAMMIT.

Second, you in no way need a pass code to play the game, if that's in fact what you're bitching about.

uhhh what?

And, my only problem with this game is once and a while the audio cuts out for 10-15 seconds. It always seems to be during cut scenes where I actually would like to hear what is being said.

I don't like how the game looks and feels like Mafia II since I kind of hated that game. I really hope this doesn't start a trend for future Rockstar games. I would hate to see the next GTA play like this. Also not being able to set waypoints sucks a whole bunch.

Edited by IIISETIII

You can set waypoints - go to the map (start button) and press A. Your partner will give you directions to them and everything.

Yeah I think he meant the colored LINE on the map as in GTA IV or RDR. It's kind of annoying to press :xbut: all the time and when both into a lil chit-chat he gives you nothing, he just keeps on talking (Stefan Bekowsky).

Oh and here is mine:

"YOU CAN'T TURN OFF THE DAMN RADIO!"

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Yeah I think he meant the colored LINE on the map as in GTA IV or RDR. It's kind of annoying to press :xbut: all the time and when both into a lil chit-chat he gives you nothing, he just keeps on talking (Stefan Bekowsky).

Oh and here is mine:

"YOU CAN'T TURN OFF THE DAMN RADIO!"

I got sick of using X, Now I just go to the map, and find the simplest path. If there is a long straight with a lot of side roads, I use the custom location marker to mark when I should turn. Radio hasn't bugged me at all.

Here is mine:)

Cole is a douche bag, and playing a douche bag lowers my enjoyment level. If the story keeps going the way it looks to be going, he may even be a cheating douche bag (he did say he had a wife and kids at one point).

My gripe with this game is pretty much the smae thing that annoys me about all of rockstar's games.

Crappy character control

Crappy vehicle control

Why is it that all of rockstar's games has to have the most brutal control out there? The character control is so unresponsive and inaccurate. It is such a chore to move your character around. Then the Driving control is so damn touchy that you are constantly overcorrecting as you drive. Chases through allyways are a bloody nightmare. You do eventually ger used to the control but as with all R* games it takes HOURS to grow accustomed to the brutal control of the games. Fuck sakes here. R* is a big time company. surely they can hire someone to work on the control so that it isn't a detriment to every one of their games. Maybe even just go out and buy a working control sceme from another company. Drives me crazy.

My gripe with this game is pretty much the smae thing that annoys me about all of rockstar's games.

Crappy character control

Crappy vehicle control

IMO they've really improved. You don't have to press :abut: or :ybut: 1.000 times to run or climb a ladder. In this game you simply run towards an object/obstacle. Also holding :rtbut: for running is easier than keep button-smashing :abut: as in the other R* games.

Same goes for the cars. Better than the drunk-fish-driving-simulations in GTA IV. In the end it's just "question of taste". :blunt

Edit: Yay I found a way to turn OFF the DAMN RADIO!!!

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

IMO they've really improved. You don't have to press :abut: or :ybut: 1.000 times to run or climb a ladder. In this game you simply run towards an object/obstacle. Also holding :rtbut: for running is easier than keep button-smashing :abut: as in the other R* games.

Same goes for the cars. Better than the drunk-fish-driving-simulations in GTA IV. In the end it's just "question of taste". :blunt

Edit: Yay I found a way to turn OFF the DAMN RADIO!!!

In comparison to Sabatour, Saints Row series, Crackdown series, Just Cause series, Dead Rising series, R*'s games are by far the worst control of the bunch. And yet they are the highest acclaimed of them and the games that the others are compared to. So far Noire seems to be a step back in character control from RDR which was the best to date. Actually Bully might hold that honor now that I think about it. Been a while since I played that one though, but I don't remember having as much of a control gripe with that game.

Also, how do you shut the radio off? Since this was a gripe from a few peopel it would be nice if you'd share how to shut it off.

Also, how do you shut the radio off? Since this was a gripe from a few peopel it would be nice if you'd share how to shut it off.

As I mentioned before just a "question of taste". I can't complain about the controls. ;)

Haha now here comes the funny one, there is NO ACTUAL OPTION TO TURN THE DAMN RADIO OFF. I simply go to OPTION, then SOUND and then to MUSIC and turn it off there, haha. :D

Sadly they didn't put in the option. Whatever, it works just fine. You still hear the clue-sound etc.

As I mentioned before just a "question of taste". I can't complain about the controls. ;)

Haha now here comes the funny one, there is NO ACTUAL OPTION TO TURN THE DAMN RADIO OFF. I simply go to OPTION, then SOUND and then to MUSIC and turn it off there, haha. :D

Sadly they didn't put in the option. Whatever, it works just fine. You still hear the clue-sound etc.

Doesn't that also shut off crime scene music that plays until you find all the evidence too?

To add to my previous bitch about the game. Not being able to skip cutscenes or FFWD dialogue on case re-plays is annoying.

Edited by DarthSoth