FAQs and Information Thread [*Spoilers*]

DarkReign2021

It's stupid. Now I have to wait for UPS to bring mine from NewEgg. Seriously though. They have no business selling out of things nearly 2 months before the release. If people are buying it, MAKE MORE. Supply and demand, bitch. This limited edition bullshit needs to stop.

On one hand, I understand your perspective and I know I would be furious if I missed out on the Halo 4 Limited Edition. On the other, It is Called limited Edition for a reason. Its no different than any other Limited Edition of any Other Product out there. Once they're gone they're gone.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand, I understand your perspective and I know I would be furious if I missed out on the Halo 4 Limited Edition. On the other, It is Called limited Edition for a reason. Its no different than any other Limited Edition of any Other Product out there. Once they're gone they're gone.

There's no reason to have limited editions at all. It's stupid. Like I said, half the time they still being sold 6 months later anyway. Everybody calls it limited, nobody ever says HOW limited it'll be. It's a goddamn game and it's really stupid to limit it in the first place, especially Halo. It should've been the Legendary Edition. The fucking console release doesn't even include the DLC, which is like the whole point of getting the LE. It probably won't even be a discount over what the DLC costs later anyway. Arguably, I should get the regular edition rather than wait for UPS to bring the LE. 343gie really pissed me off with most of their "updates" to Reach anyway.

Moreover, I'm in a small town and there's almost no way Gamestop would've sold out of this before. The website is probably sucking up every copy they were allotted and the locals don't get half what they should. I was at the midnight release of Halo 2 or 3 and they still had a couple copies left the night of the release.

Edited by Viper187

:whs:whs

I don't think I've ever heard of a limited edition actually selling out.

These days it seemed it was just a fancy term synonymous with "collectors edition." it's a stupid gripe, I know, but they should have made it more clear that it was truly limited. Given rough estimates, or had every version numbered.

I think GameStop actually dropped the ball on this one. They're normally extremely pushy in my home store, but not once did anyone mention that it was actually limited edition. That someone might actually miss out on throwing their money at the employee in exchange for a receipt.

And all this is coming from a guy who already ordered his LE copy.

I still think its bullshit.

Edited by Vectorman953

These days it seemed it was just a fancy term synonymous with "collectors edition." it's a stupid gripe, I know, but they should have made it more clear that it was truly limited. Given rough estimates, or had every version numbered.

I think GameStop actually dropped the ball on this one. They're normally extremely pushy in my home store, but not once did anyone mention that it was actually limited edition. That someone might actually miss out on throwing their money at the employee in exchange for a receipt.

Right. Hell, the Streetfighter 25th Anniversary thing has numbered certificates and I still can't find out how many of those there are really going to be. It's bullshit.

The only time I can think the LE sold out was Borderlands 2. Apparently the Ultimate Loot Chest sold out in 3 days, at least where I am. Skyrim's may have sold out as well. I don't remember because I had mine pre-ordered day 1, but I seem to remember hearing about that.

The only time I can think the LE sold out was Borderlands 2. Apparently the Ultimate Loot Chest sold out in 3 days, at least where I am. Skyrim's may have sold out as well. I don't remember because I had mine pre-ordered day 1, but I seem to remember hearing about that.

I think the Borderlands 2 thing also had a really limited run, so that could be why it sold out so fast.

I think the Borderlands 2 thing also had a really limited run, so that could be why it sold out so fast.

Well, the Borderlands 2 thing is a big box of stuff that was probably more of a gamble than H4's. The H4 LE is just a steelbook case with DVDs they're making anyway, and a couple DLC vouchers. It should've been obvious a lot more people would be interested. They could've easily sold the regular edition in the steelbook too and demanded $5 more. Nobody would've cared. I still find it hard to believe Gamestop is sold out and Amazon isn't.

What I really want to know is will we be able to adjust the X and Y sensitivity on the aim stick individually? I'm tired of this slow turning shit. I crank my sensitivity in a hog turret, it still turns slow as shit but goes crazy fast up and down. I'd rather not have to buy a Scuf controller for this one.

Edited by Viper187

"First thing I took from this is that Multiplayer armor customization is making a return as was expected given it's success in reach. This time, however, it sounds like the different armor bits will be giving small perks depending on your loadouts. I would imagine this means slightly stronger shields, longer lasting sprints, increased number of carried rounds, etc... minor stuff that won't completely unbalance a game, but enough to be able to tip the scales if utilized effectively."

This here is the reason I won't be buying Halo 4.

343 are CoD'ifying it to much.

People should be on equal footing in a game, not that some people that have played the game longer should be stronger, faster or such than others.

"First thing I took from this is that Multiplayer armor customization is making a return as was expected given it's success in reach. This time, however, it sounds like the different armor bits will be giving small perks depending on your loadouts. I would imagine this means slightly stronger shields, longer lasting sprints, increased number of carried rounds, etc... minor stuff that won't completely unbalance a game, but enough to be able to tip the scales if utilized effectively."

This here is the reason I won't be buying Halo 4.

343 are CoD'ifying it to much.

People should be on equal footing in a game, not that some people that have played the game longer should be stronger, faster or such than others.

There's no such thing as equal footing on Halo, seeing as though the fucking thing will match inheritors with recruits, even inheritors with multiple onyx seasons of arena! Basically, anyone who isn't good at Halo is screwed since trueskill has no effect on who you actually get matched with. Just like I'm still under 100 (white) on Gears 3 and constantly get matched against high ranks of every color when I go in to get my goddamn war supporter ribbons. Then of course you have all the extra lag that's caused by the game not restricting itself to matching people in the same fucking country!!

Edited by Viper187

Anyone know if Daily Challenges are going to be in Halo 4? I like it in Reach.

I despise the challenges. I really do. Obviously, firefight won't be in H4, but the challenges really ruin it in Reach. If there's a map specific kill challenge, it's all anyone wants to vote all day long and they quit when they don't get it. If there's a pistol kill challenge, you probably won't see many bonus rounds cause the idiots will spend all day trying to kill everything, even the goddamn Hunters, with a magnum. You see the same thing with grenade challenges in matchmaking; people vote Elite Slayer all fuckin day. I want people coming into a playlist because they want to play that list, NOT just for their goddamn challenges.

Same thing could be said for achievements. They have the same effect. You are correct though. I noticed the same thing on Battlefield 3. Every time they release a new set of assignments with some bullshit objective the game becomes unplayable. Like recently they posted one for getting 25 AT mine kills. So now instead of having balanced teams of snipers, suppport, engineers, and assaults, we have 12 v 12 engineer matches where everybody just drops mines everywhere and people are too scared to drive vehicles to detonate them... Challenges destroy the play-style of an online game.

If they're really going to do something like this, they need to make them less level-specific and easier to attain. Double the number of challenges, but halve the point value and make them something basic like (get 25 kills in a single match.) This has no effect on the game itself, but it's added incentive to play better and get something for your effort.

Pretty sure we can all agreed that the playlists will include:

Team swat

Team snipers

Objective (flag/assault etc)

Big Team

Lone wolf

'Classic' slayer (non-infinity)

Obviously:

Infection (Flood mode)

Infinity slayer

[spoiler=yes]Maybe even Fiesta slayer :D

Multi-Team or GTFO! :(

I despise the challenges. I really do. Obviously, firefight won't be in H4, but the challenges really ruin it in Reach. If there's a map specific kill challenge, it's all anyone wants to vote all day long and they quit when they don't get it. If there's a pistol kill challenge, you probably won't see many bonus rounds cause the idiots will spend all day trying to kill everything, even the goddamn Hunters, with a magnum. You see the same thing with grenade challenges in matchmaking; people vote Elite Slayer all fuckin day. I want people coming into a playlist because they want to play that list, NOT just for their goddamn challenges.

hehe I do see your points, but for long time players the challenges made things slightly more interesting and made you change gametypes. And in fairness they rarely involved specific maps, most are simply just multikill/spree awards.

P.S. on the subject of the LE, it got unlisted at UK amazon for a short while but they restocked it, so possible it'll be back in stock at gamestop at some period. I did noticed the black outer packaging are numbered, the promo picture is 634343 so guess your looking at over half a million LE editions unless the code is some reference to 343i which is possible.

There's no reason to have limited editions at all. It's stupid. Like I said, half the time they still being sold 6 months later anyway. Everybody calls it limited, nobody ever says HOW limited it'll be. It's a goddamn game and it's really stupid to limit it in the first place, especially Halo. It should've been the Legendary Edition.
The game itself is not limited. You had the chance to get your Limited Edition Ordered, and you procrastinated. You have no one to blame but yourself.

The Reason some limited editions are still being sold some time after the games release is because many people order them and then don't go pick them up from the store for whatever reason.

Moreover, I'm in a small town and there's almost no way Gamestop would've sold out of this before. The website is probably sucking up every copy they were allotted and the locals don't get half what they should. I was at the midnight release of Halo 2 or 3 and they still had a couple copies left the night of the release.

I am also in a small town. Once again, you really have no body to blame but yourself.

Amazon still has the Limited Edition Available if you're done acting like your entitled to something.

Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Black Ops and modern warfare 3's special editions. All unable to pre-order after a certain time.

Maybe the Stores/Advertisements should be more clear on whether or not there will be a limited number or not, but even if they did people have nobody to blame but themselves if they don't get it ordered. People are definitely not Entitled to any certain edition of the game, you wont get one just because you're you.

Same thing could be said for achievements. They have the same effect.
This is why I very much dislike Multiplayer Achievements. People play for the Achievement, and not just to play the game. This ruins the Experience for everyone.

I'm glad there are fewer Multiplayer achievements in Halo 4 then there have been in the past Halo games.

Edited by ZingZitang

This is why I very much dislike Multiplayer Achievements. People play for the Achievement, and not just to play the game. This ruins the Experience for everyone.

I'm glad there are fewer Multiplayer achievements in Halo 4 then there have been in the past Halo games.

Actually if I remember correctly Halo Reach only had 5 multiplayer achievements (not including Firefight since I think all of those could be done offline.) The issue is the Map packs always include multiplayer-only achievements and that's usually when the problems start because it becomes an issue just getting those specific maps or gametypes to show up (Oh my god the nightmares just trying to get an Infection gametype on an Anniversary map...) If they really feel it's necessary to make achievements for multiplayer, make them attainable offline. This way us achievement whores can get them with ease and be done with them instead of being stuck online ruining everybody else's fun. Reach's second map pack was good because there was a glitch that let you get them in custom games. Easiest set in the bunch.

Personally, with an open game like the Halo series, they should be focusing more on Single Player achievements and having fun with them. Just look at Anniversary. They played on the things that Halo: CE was famous for and it was one of the most enjoyable achievement hunts I've ever done (Hell, it prompted me to write a guide for it and I'm lazy. lol.) Focus more on the Easter Eggs like the RvB reference achievement and I think the whole achievement concept could be a lot more enjoyable.

Focus more on the Easter Eggs like the RvB reference achievement and I think the whole achievement concept could be a lot more enjoyable.

I think games should scrap the multiplayer achievements and just go for

1. "Beat level" - obvious

2. "beat game on legendary" - an actual achievement

3. "do (fun/random/hard action) on a specific level" - blatant, specific, requires skill

4. "easter eggs" - vague, hard to find, often hilarious

I'm playing Borderlands 2 right now, and I really like the achievements/challenges that are based on easter eggs or random. Like Double Rainbow or JENNNKKKINNNS or "Shoot this guy in the face." Like if there was a Halo 3 "Listen to every variation of the RoosterTeeth Door conversation" achievement, it would have been great.

Multiplayer usually has incentives of its own (ranks/armor). Theres no real reason game companies to insert the usual 'REACH RANK 50' or 'play a perfect game' just creates boosting parties. Those would probably be cut in half (at least) if there weren't releated achievements.

I think games should scrap the multiplayer achievements and just go for

1. "Beat level" - obvious

2. "beat game on legendary" - an actual achievement

3. "do (fun/random/hard action) on a specific level" - blatant, specific, requires skill

4. "easter eggs" - vague, hard to find, often hilarious

I'm playing Borderlands 2 right now, and I really like the achievements/challenges that are based on easter eggs or random. Like Double Rainbow or JENNNKKKINNNS or "Shoot this guy in the face." Like if there was a Halo 3 "Listen to every variation of the RoosterTeeth Door conversation" achievement, it would have been great.

Multiplayer usually has incentives of its own (ranks/armor). Theres no real reason game companies to insert the usual 'REACH RANK 50' or 'play a perfect game' just creates boosting parties. Those would probably be cut in half (at least) if there weren't releated achievements.

Agreed. I'm really enjoying Borderlands 2's achievements because they had almost 0 involvement with other players aside from a few simple challenges that could be done with a dummy controller. The only ones I don't really care for are the character-specific action skill achievements because Salvador and Zero both require extensive amounts of playtime to unlock it, but that's more of a personal preference. I'm also not particularly fond of the achievements for finding Donkey Mong and Jimmy Jenkins because it's really just quit-grinding the same area for several hours on end, but even than that's something that doesn't interfere with other people and it can be done at your own leisure if you don't want to grind it for 6 hours straight.

Edit: Oh yes, everybody that hasn't already done-so should check the first post in this topic. Dead Like Me had the idea to turn the thread into a Halo Information FAQ and we've begun slowly converting it to something a bit more current. Take a look at it and let us know what you think. Let me know if you have any suggestion for what you would like to see added.

Edited by DarkReign2021