I fail to see what is wrong with this game.

MDDC

Yes, there are a few bugs. I encounted about two in 4 full playthroughs. I can live with that. This website has bugs too because I had a complete novel written in response and lost it. I can live with that as well. I've seen the glitches you talk about in RDR, cougarmen and stuff. I even got to ride a woman in multiplayer instead of a horse, quite comical. And before the patch, I couldn't stay connected for more than five minutes. Now THAT, in my opinion, "breaks" the game.

Cover system only works if you are FACING the wall you want to cover behind. Took me a while to get the hang of it too. And yes, if your head is sticking out of cover, you can get noticed/shot. Gears of War was pretty much the same way.

I too had difficutly aiming. I tried turning down sensitivity, which helped a lot, but not completely. I bought a new controller and now its silky smooth. I'm not suggesting people run out and buy a new one, but, it should be replaced every so often. Might even help other games as well.

Dumb AI? Well sure. If they made them smarter, people would bash the game cuz its too difficult. The game isn't about shooting people, its an RPG. You develop your character and his abilities to reach the end of the story, with guys that shoot at you put there to impede your progress, nothing more.

Camera angles? Ever play the Tomb Raider games? Need I say more? And THAT series is still going strong....

I think if people would just sit down and play this game FOR WHAT IT IS, and not WHAT THEY THINK IT SHOULD BE, this is a very fun, entertaining, engrossing, and worthwhile game.

Every fan needs to write and let SEGA and Obsidian know they enjoyed the game and want more. Can't hurt. And look what it did for Firefly!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played AP. I have finished AP. I don't have a "review copy", I have the regular retail version that any old schmuck can pick up. I experienced the most glitches in my lifetime on a supposedly "finished and polished" game. No other game has given me the trouble AP did. So I am a bit confused when you say that Fallout, Halo, MW2, and all those other games have bigger problems then AP.

I have played the entire game...it looked good on paper. It was an interesting idea. It had potential, I'll give it that. But it was executed poorly.

I am also not "mindlessly bash it for no reason". I explained everything and my reasons for it.

I haven't experienced any glitches in AP while most people other then Reviewers haven't experienced those glitches. You can continue moaning about AP having glitches while that could be your lcak of skill or your 360 needs to be repaired. You shouldn't be moaning about glitches in AP since they aren't game breaking and every game that comes out has glitches anyway.

I have done 5 walkthroughs in AP while I haven't experienced any gliches at all while I have a Brand new replacement 360 Elite. You can say that AP could be poorly made while I doubt that you have designed a game and have a profit.

You're mindlessly bashing AP for no reason since you only have an Opinion while you can't push your Opinion onto others and make it a Fact. Opinions are Opinions and Facts are Facts while no Opinion is a Fact. Go somewher else to Flame.

@Blueprotoss: It is fine that you really like AP, but you are in complete denial of its shortcomings it seems. I really enjoy it too- I like the story, conversations, mission structure and the way your choices really influence the story. But the shooting/fighting mechanics, AI, animations, graphics, and so on, are real lacklusters.

No matter what, the other games you are mentioning, are just much, much better overall than AP. The other two RPG's you mention are in a totally different league, and the only thing you bash them for are problems that I have never even heard of. MW2 and RDR certainly have/had a few glitches, but they have never been unplayable because of them- something I don't believe AP is either, but it does lack a lot of qualities, which keeps it from ever being anything more than a decent game.

Besides, Blueprotoss, you are the only one here who comes near flaming anything/anyone. GSDrag, explained how he felt about the game and gave his reasons for it. Then you begin explaining why his opinions are "wrong", because "this and that game also have glitches and this and that game is broken". This is the AP forum- why should he comment on other games than AP here? And why bring other games into this that doesn't even come close to showing problems to the same extent as AP? Besides, as AP is a single player game only, you should really compare it to MW2's SP experience rather than MP.

Like/dislike the game for what it is, but you cannot compare it to games like RDR, Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and the like. Yes, they have their few shortcomings and glitches, but in general they do form a complete package of quality which AP just doesn't. But I'm certainly enjoying AP anyway, though- I'm just not kidding myself about its apparent problems :)

The one thats in denial is you since you think that your Opinion is Fact. Opinions are Opinions and Facts are Facts while no Opinion is a Fact. Don't confuse things like shooting/fighting mechanics, AI, animations, and graphics being bad while we can say that about most games since we have different Opinions and there's no Perfect game anyways. The shooting/fighting mechanics is based off of your charter stats hence its mainly a RPG with a western theme hence that the weaponry is guns. AI can be said about every game especially with Run n' Gun shooters and RPGs. THe AI is always easy when you play on Easy while the AI has different tacics and damage output when the difficulty is raised. Animations in most games can't acheivve the level that Movies can do while games are limited because of what platform that they are running on as well. Graphics in most games aren't that amazing either hence why only a few games have the best graphics in games like Crysis, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3. You can't moan aboout AP since its one of the few games thats almost Epic level on the Unreal Engine.

RPGs are still RPGs while ME, Fallout, and Alpha Protocol are Western RPGs. ME1, Fallout 3, and AP are all Action RPGs that require you to shoot guns while being stat based based those characters need to learn how to use those weapons profficeintly. I'm not bashing other games for glitches since no game is Perfect while every game has glitches anyways. MW2 and RDR still have glitches to this day. MW2 still has those messed up hit boxes and auto lock bullets/aim. RDR still has the once in a while glitches like flying horses with people, horses disappearing by going underground, and my game freezing. I'm just pointing out things not bashing games.

I'm not Flaming since I'm not forcing my Opinion onto others while I'm not tryong to make my Opinion into Fact. GSDrag is only Flaming since he just hates AP for having glitches while he shouldn't be playing any games since all games have glitches. His Opinion is Wrong because he was trying to say that his Opinion was Fact while it was only his Opinion. I bring up other gamess since people that ahte AP only moan about glitches while every game has glitches.

I can easliy compare AP to RDR, ME, and Fallout 3 since they all have glitches and I can form my own Opinions. AP is very familiar to ME1 since they both required stats to be better with your skills/weapons, a like/dislike system with characters, and a dialogue/choice system. I have throughly enjoyed AP while I'm just saying that I haven't experienced any glitches in all 5 of my walkthroughs. I'm not saying that there are no glitches while most of the gamers that have played AP haven't experienced them like you haven't experienced any glitches in RDR, ME2, Fallout 3, and possibly more game. I can easily respect you while you haven't respected me at all.

Yes, there are a few bugs. I encounted about two in 4 full playthroughs. I can live with that. This website has bugs too because I had a complete novel written in response and lost it. I can live with that as well. I've seen the glitches you talk about in RDR, cougarmen and stuff. I even got to ride a woman in multiplayer instead of a horse, quite comical. And before the patch, I couldn't stay connected for more than five minutes. Now THAT, in my opinion, "breaks" the game.

Cover system only works if you are FACING the wall you want to cover behind. Took me a while to get the hang of it too. And yes, if your head is sticking out of cover, you can get noticed/shot. Gears of War was pretty much the same way.

I too had difficutly aiming. I tried turning down sensitivity, which helped a lot, but not completely. I bought a new controller and now its silky smooth. I'm not suggesting people run out and buy a new one, but, it should be replaced every so often. Might even help other games as well.

Dumb AI? Well sure. If they made them smarter, people would bash the game cuz its too difficult. The game isn't about shooting people, its an RPG. You develop your character and his abilities to reach the end of the story, with guys that shoot at you put there to impede your progress, nothing more.

Camera angles? Ever play the Tomb Raider games? Need I say more? And THAT series is still going strong....

I think if people would just sit down and play this game FOR WHAT IT IS, and not WHAT THEY THINK IT SHOULD BE, this is a very fun, entertaining, engrossing, and worthwhile game.

Every fan needs to write and let SEGA and Obsidian know they enjoyed the game and want more. Can't hurt. And look what it did for Firefly!

Agreed. People need to play the game the way it should be played without criticizing the game to be Perfect, which no game is. People also do need to realize that AP is an Action RPG that has guns not a Run n' Gun shooter like CoD or Halo. People would have fun with AP while people criticize games to get an Ego boost while most of them aren't qualified to do that. We should write a letter for support of AP to Sega and Obsidian while letters did work for somethings like Jericho, Serenity, Battlestar Galactica, and X-Files. THe Consumer creates the Demand while companies Supply use with it. Edited by LilMissRoxy

@Blueprotoss: How is it that, according to you, people who disagree with you are trying to make their opinions into facts? GSDrag wrote that he thought AP was a decent game, but according to his experience there were a number of flaws in the game. He wrote his post entirely from his own point of view.

I'm doing the same thing- I'm playing the game at the moment and I have opinions about it too. Where does any of us state that our opinions are facts? Please point it out to me.

It is you who states things like Gears of War multiplayer being unplayable- that sounds like an opinion you are trying to make into a fact. What I'm saying is, if I'm not being clear about opinion or fact, then you aren't either.

Therefore to be clear as possible- I am not stating my opinions to be facts. To me it seems like it is you, who cannot live with our opinions of the game even though we think it is decent enough. We just find it has more bugs and flaws than it should to be a great game.

Possible minor spoilers in next paragraph:

I experienced 3 glitches/bugs in about 30-40 minutes af game time that were quite annoying. In the warehouse level in Rome I got stuck in a firefight. I was aiming and a guy came up to me and started punching and I beat him down, but after this I could not move. I could aim down the sights and turn the camera, but I was helpless when the grenades came flying because I could not run from them. Even though I pushed every button possible on the controller I was aggravatingly stuck and died.

I retried and cleared the warehouse as I came to a safe. I was supposed to be able to hack/lockpick it, but the :abut:-promt didn't show up no matter how I positioned myself. So I retried again.

In the level after this I went into the ruins. The last part where you are supposed to protect the computer it glitched too. I killed the incoming enemies and successfully protected the computer and... nothing happened. No objective accomplished or anything. I checked and double-checked the area for a hidden enemy, but no one was there. I waited for 5 minutes after this but I had to retry... again.

My opinion is: annoying bugs like these happening in such a short time span isn't acceptable, and keeps the game from being anything more than decent. I have personally never experienced anything like this in games such as Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 1+2(or many other games except maybe Alone in the Dark and a few others- all games I disliked), so please do not bring other games into this, as it doesn't help getting your point across with me.

Again: I find the game ok, decent, somewhat good etc. I just think it is a shame that it has so many flaws and bugs/glitches, because these is what hold it back. The game has such potential but doesn't live up to it. I'm not asking it to be perfect, but I would have liked the makers of this game to have been more thorough in finding the numerous bugs and been more critical about some of the design decisions- still my opinion. I enjoy it in some aspects, though, and certainly will play it through to the end.

I would still like you to explain how my earlier posts seems like stated facts, though. Or at least why your opinions, Blueprotoss, seems more like opinions than mine do, because I really went out of my way to clarify that I'm only stating my own opinions in this post- something I believe I did in my earlier posts too. People write their own opinions on forums like this, and that is what I have done here- opinions that seem relevant to the thread :)

@Blueprotoss: How is it that, according to you, people who disagree with you are trying to make their opinions into facts? GSDrag wrote that he thought AP was a decent game, but according to his experience there were a number of flaws in the game. He wrote his post entirely from his own point of view.

I'm doing the same thing- I'm playing the game at the moment and I have opinions about it too. Where does any of us state that our opinions are facts? Please point it out to me.

It is you who states things like Gears of War multiplayer being unplayable- that sounds like an opinion you are trying to make into a fact. What I'm saying is, if I'm not being clear about opinion or fact, then you aren't either.

Therefore to be clear as possible- I am not stating my opinions to be facts. To me it seems like it is you, who cannot live with our opinions of the game even though we think it is decent enough. We just find it has more bugs and flaws than it should to be a great game.

Possible minor spoilers in next paragraph:

I experienced 3 glitches/bugs in about 30-40 minutes af game time that were quite annoying. In the warehouse level in Rome I got stuck in a firefight. I was aiming and a guy came up to me and started punching and I beat him down, but after this I could not move. I could aim down the sights and turn the camera, but I was helpless when the grenades came flying because I could not run from them. Even though I pushed every button possible on the controller I was aggravatingly stuck and died.

I retried and cleared the warehouse as I came to a safe. I was supposed to be able to hack/lockpick it, but the :abut:-promt didn't show up no matter how I positioned myself. So I retried again.

In the level after this I went into the ruins. The last part where you are supposed to protect the computer it glitched too. I killed the incoming enemies and successfully protected the computer and... nothing happened. No objective accomplished or anything. I checked and double-checked the area for a hidden enemy, but no one was there. I waited for 5 minutes after this but I had to retry... again.

My opinion is: annoying bugs like these happening in such a short time span isn't acceptable, and keeps the game from being anything more than decent. I have personally never experienced anything like this in games such as Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 1+2(or many other games except maybe Alone in the Dark and a few others- all games I disliked), so please do not bring other games into this, as it doesn't help getting your point across with me.

Again: I find the game ok, decent, somewhat good etc. I just think it is a shame that it has so many flaws and bugs/glitches, because these is what hold it back. The game has such potential but doesn't live up to it. I'm not asking it to be perfect, but I would have liked the makers of this game to have been more thorough in finding the numerous bugs and been more critical about some of the design decisions- still my opinion. I enjoy it in some aspects, though, and certainly will play it through to the end.

I would still like you to explain how my earlier posts seems like stated facts, though. Or at least why your opinions, Blueprotoss, seems more like opinions than mine do, because I really went out of my way to clarify that I'm only stating my own opinions in this post- something I believe I did in my earlier posts too. People write their own opinions on forums like this, and that is what I have done here- opinions that seem relevant to the thread :)

Its sad that you criticize AP for having some glitches while games like RDR, Fallout, ME, and Dragon Age have game breaking ones. Every game has glitches while if you bash a game because of glitches then you shouldn't be playing any games at then. I haven't had a glitch appear to me in AP while I have 5 walkthroughs under my belt. The glitch of you getting stuck in one place happens in most of the Unreal Engine games since thats a flaw that the Unreal Engine has. The glitches in AP are because of the Unreal Engine while I doubt that you have played any Unreal games like Dead Space, Gears, Unreal Tournament, and Bioshock then. Gears Online is unplayable hence why people mainly use Shotguns to counter the God powers of the Host and Lag issues. If Gears Online wasn't unplayable then it would be played more and would be listed on the Top 5 games played on XBL instead of being in 9th place. I guess you haven't played that much of Gears then. Btw GSDrag didn't say AP was a decent game while he only bashed AP for no reason at all. Now you're being a normal person since you aren't making your Opinions into Fact or forcing your Opinions while you still need to respect the Opinions of others though. Edited by Blueprotoss

@Blueprotoss: GSDrag wrote this:

I would give this game a decent at the very best. The only reason I had to buy this game was because of the RPG element and the story, I had imagined it to be similar to Mass Effect. In the RPG aspect I do believe it was interesting.

And after this he reasons why he feels like he does about the game. I cannot see how this is bashing the game and flaming...

By the way, I respect other people's opinions, but you are being pretty hypocritical here. You want me and others to write things like "I think", "in my opinion", "from my point of view" and so on, otherwise we are apparently making opinions into fact. You however, seem to have the luxury to skip these phrases without "making opinion into fact". How is that?

You wrote things like:

Fallout 3 wasn't finished until Brotherhood of Steel was availble while glitches made it unplayabale at times. Halo 3 ODST was a rushed game for profit hence the Multiplayer was Halo 3 while it was worth $20. MW2 was barely playable because of all the glitches that people found then abused while its playable now because of the multiple patches that were done.

AP is a polished game while its surprising that most of the people that are having glitches with it are playing the Reviewer's copy, which is the unfinished version that allows Reviewers to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines.

You need to bite your tongue since you would rather bad mouth AP for glitches while most people don't encounter any glitches at all. Most of the people that have encounterd glitches in AP were Reviewers that played the Review copy, which allows them to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines.

Fallout 3's story wasn't finished because all of the Bethesda games can be played in Free Roam even if the story was over hence why Brotherhood of Steel was the Real Ending for it.

ODST was unplayable since nobody cares to play the old Halo 3 Multiplayer for a new game like ODST. I'm sure you wouldn't want to play Reach if it was completely like Halo 3. ODST should only have been worth $20 since it was a short game hence it was called an Expansion pack while the old Halo 3 Multiplayer was keep and most of the people that played it already paid for all of the maps.

MW2 is still glitchy while its playable now while the first 4 months were a glitchfest that MS didn't want IW to repair it. I can easily deal with glitches while you can't since you're moaning about the no existent glitches in AP.

Red Dead Redemption hs many glitches including flying horses/people, horses disappearing into the ground, the whole freezing the game, and now seeing the game code because of the new Co-Op DLC. Its a glitchy game in general while the Reviewers don't comment since THQ bribed them with money.

Gears Multiplayer is unplayable since most of the player are Modders and Hackers that abuse their Host powers while I doubt that you have played it then.

When ME2 first came out tons of people had glitches that would crash your game then erase that data while many Reviewers commented about that. That still happens while it doesn't happen as much now.

All I hear you is bash AP for problems while you praise games that have worse problems like Fallout 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW2, Read Dead Redemption, Gears series, and ME2.

I could find more, but this will do. These are your opinions, but how is it that you are not trying to make these things into facts?

To sum up on some of it:

THQ bribed reviewers for money? Fallout 3, MW2, RDR, and so on, have bigger problems than AP? Most people experience no glitches at all in AP? AP is a polished game and most people who are experiencing glitches are playing the reviewers' copies? Fallout 3 was unplayable at times until the Brotherhood of Steel DLC came out?

How can I see that these statements aren't your opinions or make-belief which you aren't trying to make into facts? It seems to me that you think these things are facts- at least, you portray them that way. How is it that this is worse than what I and others have written before?

I'm writing my arguments and opinions from my own experiences with the game, and most of the time you are not. Did you witness THQ bribe the reviewers at IGN, Gamespot or wherever? Have you asked most people who are experiencing glitches in AP whether or not they are playing the reviewer's copies? I'm certainly not. Where do you get these things from?

My point is: yes, all games have glitches of some kind. But my experience with AP is that it has more than most games- several glitches of several character, and they happen quite often. I have mentioned the ones I have experienced in earlier posts, so I'm not going to do it again.

And also, do you believe AP has glitches at all, or do you believe it is glitch-free? Because you are contradicting yourself on this part in your posts- at one point you state that AP doesn't have glitches at all, but you are also saying that all games have glitches. Which one is it?

To sum up on my questions to you, Blueprotoss:

After reading the part with quotes from your own post above, how am I ,and others on this forum, trying to make our opinions into fact any more than you are? And don't start quoting my earlier posts, and prove I'm doing the same thing because maybe I am at times (doing the same as you)- I'll admit that. You just try to answer me how my posts are worse than yours in the opinion/fact-aspect. Enlighten me please.

In your opinion: does AP have glitches of any character at all, or doesn't it? Please be clear on this now. Otherwise, why are you comparing it to other, of your opinion by the way, glitchy games?

Don't worry, if you answer "yes, AP has glitches" then I won't take it as having forced my opinion onto you. I know you are not admitting to agree with my opinions about AP, so don't consider this "a trap" of some sort ;)

We are having an argument, discussing, and I'm not trying to "lure you over to the dark side" or anything. I'm just putting my points of view onto the table and arguing with what experience I have. I respect you opinion, but I do think you are being a bit hypocritical, though. The whole opinion/fact thing, which you are not being better at seperating than any other in this thread, and the accusing people of flaming and bashing, even though they are backing up their points with valid arguments and experiences, is just hypocritical, I think.

If you can enlighten me by answering the above-stated questions then feel free to ask me something back, and I'll answer. If you won't answer them, then I'll consider this discussion closed, because you are being more confusing than clear, right now (in my opinion) :confused:

Edited by Ink129

My point is: yes, all games have glitches of some kind. But my experience with AP is that it has more than most games- several glitches of several character, and they happen quite often. I have mentioned the ones I have experienced in earlier posts, so I'm not going to do it again.

And also, do you believe AP has glitches at all, or do you believe it is glitch-free? Because you are contradicting yourself on this part in your posts- at one point you state that AP doesn't have glitches at all, but you are also saying that all games have glitches. Which one is it?

In your opinion: does AP have glitches of any character at all, or doesn't it? Please be clear on this now. Otherwise, why are you comparing it to other, of your opinion by the way, glitchy games?

Don't worry, if you answer "yes, AP has glitches" then I won't take it as having forced my opinion onto you. I know you are not admitting to agree with my opinions about AP, so don't consider this "a trap" of some sort ;)

We are having an argument, discussing, and I'm not trying to "lure you over to the dark side" or anything. I'm just putting my points of view onto the table and arguing with what experience I have. I respect you opinion, but I do think you are being a bit hypocritical, though. The whole opinion/fact thing, which you are not being better at seperating than any other in this thread, and the accusing people of flaming and bashing, even though they are backing up their points with valid arguments and experiences, is just hypocritical, I think.

If you can enlighten me by answering the above-stated questions then feel free to ask me something back, and I'll answer. If you won't answer them, then I'll consider this discussion closed, because you are being more confusing than clear, right now (in my opinion) :confused:

Every game does have glitches while you shouldn't be bashing AP for having some minor ones while there aren't any gamebreaking ones anyways.

I haven't experienced any glitches in AP during my 4 walkthroughs. The people that have experienced most of the Glitchs have been Reviewers playing their review copies that are unfinished products that allow them to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines. The rest of the people are either are Truthful or saying the game is glitchy since they don't have the skills to play a RPG like AP is. Its easy to say that a game is broken when you suck at the game. You clearly are forcing your Opinion on me since you're still here on this Forum bashing AP for no reason especially when you know that the Unreal Engine and Western RPGs have glitches.

We are having an Arguement while we should have a Debate instead of hearing you just bashing a game mindlessly for no reason.

Your sad Arguement isn't over since The only real point that you have said thats bad about AP has been glitches while thats just nippicking more then anything. I continue to answer you while you choose to ignore the Truth. Facts are Facts and Opinions are Opinions while Opinions aren't Fact.

I've been playing Alpha Protocol for the past fews day and I have to say I have really been enjoying it. I read all the reviews and could still see the quality that this game could deliver. There are a couple of nitpicky things like not being able to move bodies (like SC:Conviction, so annoying) and leaving a zone and having the door lock behind you stopping your ability to backtrack, but you can work around those.

I believe that if you play this game knowing full well it's an RPG you will have a blast. Stats matter so spend time on customizing your character to suit your playstyle. There isn't a game that I know of that allows you to alter the story and the missions to this degree, so if that kind of thing appeals to you, I would definitely give it a shot, reviews be damned.

Every game does have glitches while you shouldn't be bashing AP for having some minor ones while there aren't any gamebreaking ones anyways.

For me, potentially gamebreaking glitches, are glitches that won't let you proceed with the game. Getting stuck in a place and a mission not progressing- those are close to gamebreaking ones for me. Luckily you can reload checkpoints- how far back they may be, and replay the sequence. Although, replaying a sequence for the third time because of two different kind of glitches, like the ones I experienced, is just ridiculous and was a gamebreaking moment for me.

In my opinion, flying people in RDR or a "wrong ending" in Fallout 3 aren't gamebreaking.

I haven't experienced any glitches in AP during my 4 walkthroughs. The people that have experienced most of the Glitchs have been Reviewers playing their review copies that are unfinished products that allow them to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines. The rest of the people are either are Truthful or saying the game is glitchy since they don't have the skills to play a RPG like AP is. Its easy to say that a game is broken when you suck at the game. You clearly are forcing your Opinion on me since you're still here on this Forum bashing AP for no reason especially when you know that the Unreal Engine and Western RPGs have glitches.

Well, you may not have experienced any glitches in 4 playthroughs, so I know where you are coming from, but I have experienced numerous in just the Saudi Arabia and Rome missions- more glitches than most games I've ever tried, and I'm not even done yet. This just makes this game stand out from many other games in a somewhat bad way. This is how I see it, and where I am coming from.

I can assure you, I am not playing any reviewer's copy as I bought it from retail. Is this "reviewer's copy"-argumentation even true (a fact), or is it your opinion or maybe something you have made up? I'd like to see a link that proves that the majority of glitches are happening to people, who are playing the reviewers' copies. Not an unreasonable demand since you are using that argument a lot. In my head there must be a lot of those in distribution if what you are saying is true.

I don't think I suck at this game either. This is a bad argument that is so often used, when someone dislikes a game or is having problems with flaws, bugs and glitches in it. "Sucking" usually doesn't have anything to do with it. Do I "suck" so much that missions don't progress as they should? That the :abut:- prompt doesn't show up, when it is supposed to? That I get stuck in the middle of a room without anything close around me? Wow, I must really suck since I stumble upon glitches and flaws like this in almost every single level I play. Yeah, it must be me and not the game.

I'm forcing my opinion on you since I'm still on this forum "bashing" AP for no reason? First of all, I don't think I'm bashing the game, since I'm saying that I do like the story, dialogue and choices of the game. These are the things that make the game for me. They somewhat outweighs the numerous problems I find that the game has- problems I have accounted for and experienced myself when playing the game. Also, people are bringing their experiences of the game here because of the topic. The TP fails to see what is wrong with the game, and since it is a forum, people who sees these flaws bring them to the table.

Also, how are you not forcing your opinion on others here then? You are also still on this forum ( and on other threads too)- stating the same exact things over and over again, as if attempting to brainwash those who disagree with you. Besides, you are making a comment to all people who writes in this thread stating to dislike the game or experiencing flaws, and accusing them of bashing the game, flaming, not having played the game, lack skills, playing the reviewers' copies, forcing their opinions on you, confuse opinion with fact, not respecting your opinions etc.

This is why I think you are in denial, since you have poor excuses for everything. Excuses you are trying to make into facts, it seems. I have also seen this from you in other threads on this board. It is you who doesn't respect the opinions of those who dislike, or are having issues with the game, since everyone who has anything bad to say about the game will get a remark from you like those stated above. If anyone is trying to force anything on anyone here- it is you.

We are having an Arguement while we should have a Debate instead of hearing you just bashing a game mindlessly for no reason.

What is wrong with an old-fashioned argument or discussion? Anyways, I don't think you a contributing to having a debate either, since you are saying the same things over and over again and bringing "facts" into the discussion that you can't prove and doesn't have anything to do with this (reviewers' copies, THQ bribing reviewers etc.). You are also accusing people of not having played the game, mixing fact with opinion, lacking skills, flaming, bashing, and so on.

I'll see this from your point of view now:

You haven't experienced any glitches in 4 playthroughs. You like everything about it.

I think this is fine and I have no problems with this.

However, I'm also seeing this:

Since you love the game and you haven't experienced any glitches with the game- the majority of people who actually experience glitches in this game must be playing the reviewers' copies instead and/or be very lacking in their skills. People who disagree with you are trying to force their opinions onto you and making their opinions into fact.

I see this in every response you make- accusations and assumptions. How does this fit into a debate? To me it seems like you think you are a little too high and mighty- throwing around words like debate, opinions, facts, truth, and so on. According to you, everyone, but you, are misusing these phrases and/or is confusing them with each other. But as I have shown examples of here and in earlier posts- you aren't any better at using theses phrases "correctly". Therefore I find you very hypocritical.

Your sad Arguement isn't over since The only real point that you have said thats bad about AP has been glitches while thats just nippicking more then anything. I continue to answer you while you choose to ignore the Truth. Facts are Facts and Opinions are Opinions while Opinions aren't Fact.

My point is, I can see a lot of reasons why people would find anything wrong with this game (see topic). I have personally experienced a lot of bugs/glitches. I think they happen too often and most of them are of such different character from one another that I do not understand, why more of them weren't caught by the developers. Usually, I dislike games with these many glitches, and maybe a lot people feel this way too and dislike the game because of this. However, I, for one, still think the game is pretty decent in spite of the glitches and design flaws. This because of the dialogue, story and choices you can make in the game. These things are executed very well, imo.

And no, I don't "choose" to ignore "the Truth"- simply because I don't know "the Truth". But apparently you do. Please enlighten me, so that I can seperate opinion from fact again. I guess that it is what you are getting at, am I right?

Please explain it to me, since you must be the keeper of Facts and Truths, and everybody else merely keepers of opinions and reviewers' copies...

And would you be as kind as to actually read my post and not dismiss it to write the same responses you have been writing over and over again. Such as:

1. "Opinions are not facts"

2. "You are bashing the game"

3. "You do not know the truth"

4. ("Sigh") "Most people, who are experiencing glitches with the game, are playing the reviewers' copies"

5. "Other games have glitches too"

Read my post and comment on it like I have done yours, please. That way you could possibly elaborate on your arguments (especially the truth) instead of writing the same thing over and over. I have accounted for why I think what I think about the game, and why I find you to be a bit arrogant, hypocritical and in denial. I'm not trying to attempt any mudthrowing with these statements, although, it may seem that way if you do not read my post from beginning to end- especially the parts where I conclude these statements.

If you can, it would be nice if you would elaborate on your arguments instead of just concluding things without backing them up. Fx: how do I bash the game? How do I suck at the game when you haven't seen me play it? What is the truth? Can you provide a link to "the reviewers' copies"? How are you not making opinion into facts when I am? How are you contributing to a debate?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions. You can see this as a sign of trying to find reason in your arguments and therefore respecting your opinions. You are not asking questions at all. I'm actually trying to see this discussion from your point of view, while you do not attempt to see it from mine at all. You answer all my questions with the same statements over and over again- you conclude and make the same assumptions on everyone, who finds faults with the game, before the discussion even begins. This makes me think that you have a problem with respecting other people's opinions.

Your thoughts (and hopefully answers) on the matter?

Edited by Ink129

Two things: I think the game is a lot less glitchy if you install it to your hard drive. The same was true of Fallout 3 and ES: Oblivion, at least for me. Also, I'm doing another playthrough, this time as an action oriented character (just shooting the hell out of everything instead of bothering with stealth, going for JJ&E), and for whatever reason, I've actually encountered glitches this time. Only two, and both were just that when exiting a turret, I couldn't move. I just selected the turret again and then left, and it worked fine, so for me at least, this was by no means a game breaker.

I really do think that most of the people that hated this game either didn't play it, relying entirely on reviews to tell them what to think (it seems that besides the reviewers, many who played it found it to be at least a decent game) or played it expecting a pure shooter without anticipating how heavy it would be on the RPG side of things and probably didn't concern themselves enough with skill selection and equipment.

That's my $0.03 ($0.01 per idea) on the matter, at least.

What is wrong with an old-fashioned argument or discussion? Anyways, I don't think you a contributing to having a debate either, since you are saying the same things over and over again and bringing "facts" into the discussion that you can't prove and doesn't have anything to do with this (reviewers' copies, THQ bribing reviewers etc.). You are also accusing people of not having played the game, mixing fact with opinion, lacking skills, flaming, bashing, and so on.

I'll see this from your point of view now:

You haven't experienced any glitches in 4 playthroughs. You like everything about it.

I think this is fine and I have no problems with this.

However, I'm also seeing this:

Since you love the game and you haven't experienced any glitches with the game- the majority of people who actually experience glitches in this game must be playing the reviewers' copies instead and/or be very lacking in their skills. People who disagree with you are trying to force their opinions onto you and making their opinions into fact.

I see this in every response you make- accusations and assumptions. How does this fit into a debate? To me it seems like you think you are a little too high and mighty- throwing around words like debate, opinions, facts, truth, and so on. According to you, everyone, but you, are misusing these phrases and/or is confusing them with each other. But as I have shown examples of here and in earlier posts- you aren't any better at using theses phrases "correctly". Therefore I find you very hypocritical.

My point is, I can see a lot of reasons why people would find anything wrong with this game (see topic). I have personally experienced a lot of bugs/glitches. I think they happen too often and most of them are of such different character from one another that I do not understand, why more of them weren't caught by the developers. Usually, I dislike games with these many glitches, and maybe a lot people feel this way too and dislike the game because of this. However, I, for one, still think the game is pretty decent in spite of the glitches and design flaws. This because of the dialogue, story and choices you can make in the game. These things are executed very well, imo.

And no, I don't "choose" to ignore "the Truth"- simply because I don't know "the Truth". But apparently you do. Please enlighten me, so that I can seperate opinion from fact again. I guess that it is what you are getting at, am I right?

Please explain it to me, since you must be the keeper of Facts and Truths, and everybody else merely keepers of opinions and reviewers' copies...

Read my post and comment on it like I have done yours, please. That way you could possibly elaborate on your arguments (especially the truth) instead of writing the same thing over and over. I have accounted for why I think what I think about the game, and why I find you to be a bit arrogant, hypocritical and in denial. I'm not trying to attempt any mudthrowing with these statements, although, it may seem that way if you do not read my post from beginning to end- especially the parts where I conclude these statements.

If you can, it would be nice if you would elaborate on your arguments instead of just concluding things without backing them up. Fx: how do I bash the game? How do I suck at the game when you haven't seen me play it? What is the truth? Can you provide a link to "the reviewers' copies"? How are you not making opinion into facts when I am? How are you contributing to a debate?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions. You can see this as a sign of trying to find reason in your arguments and therefore respecting your opinions. You are not asking questions at all. I'm actually trying to see this discussion from your point of view, while you do not attempt to see it from mine at all. You answer all my questions with the same statements over and over again- you conclude and make the same assumptions on everyone, who finds faults with the game, before the discussion even begins. This makes me think that you have a problem with respecting other people's opinions.

Your thoughts (and hopefully answers) on the matter?

We are having an Arguement while we should have a Debate instead of hearing you just bashing a game mindlessly for no reason. The only real point that you have said thats bad about AP has been glitches while thats just nippicking more then anything because every game has glitches anyway.

The majority of the people that have appearanced glitches in AP are the Reviewers thathave the Review copy since thats an Unfinished product that allows them to skip any part of the game so they can meet teir Deadlines.

The one thats assuming things is you since you're telling use your Opinion. Opinions are Opinions and Facts are Facts while Opinions aren't Facts.

You have only experienced 3 glitches while they weren't anything game breaking. All that happened was that you got stuck, couldn't lock pick something, and an Objective didn't finish. You having 3 glitches doesn't equal experiencing lots of glitches. This just proves that you Lie and you don't care. If you don't like games with a handful of glitches then don't play any mainstream Shooters or Western RPGs then because Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Gears 2 have more glicthes then AP. The people that complain about this game because they can or that they blame the game for their lack of skill since AP is a Halo game and its a RPG that solely based on your character stats to play the game.

I do tell the Truth since there's no reason for me to Lie over the Internet or not to do research to get the Facts.

The one thats being a Hypocrite in Denial is you since you're moaning about glitches in AP while you shouldn't be playing any games especially FPSs and Western RPGs.

We can easily Debate while you don't have the Knowledge and Resources to do an Intelligent conversation.

If you were actually trying to reason with me then you wouldn't be Lieing or moaning about glitches in games. Go somewhere else to Flame.

Edited by Blueprotoss

We are having an Arguement while we should have a Debate instead of hearing you just bashing a game mindlessly for no reason. The only real point that you have said thats bad about AP has been glitches while thats just nippicking more then anything because every game has glitches anyway.

I'll ask again: how are you contributing to a debate? You are discarding everything I write.

If had experienced only a few glitches it would be nitpicking yes, but I have experienced several glitches in my playthrough. More than I have in any other game which means, and try to follow me here, that the other games had less glitches than this game. I'm not saying Fallout 3 or Gears or whatever doesn't have glitches, I'm just saying that in my experience AP has far more glitches than any other game. My experience.

Also, I have not only mentioned the things I dislike about the game, I have also mentioned the things I like. Something you choose to overlook in every post I write is; I actually think it is a decent game. You just have a problem with the fact that some people don't appreciate AP as much as you do. Therefore you tell me and everone else who has the slightest bad things to say about the game to " go flame somewhere else" or "stop bashing the game" even though we aren't; we are just stating our opinions of the game like you are stating yours. If we are bashing AP, then you are bashing games like Gears, RDR and Fallout 3 in this thread too. How is that better?

The majority of the people that have appearanced glitches in AP are the Reviewers thathave the Review copy since thats an Unfinished product that allows them to skip any part of the game so they can meet teir Deadlines.

This is absurd. You are making it up, which means you are lying. I do believe that you believe it, but it is an argument that you can't prove since it is a lie that exists in your head.

The one thats assuming things is you since you're telling use your Opinion. Opinions are Opinions and Facts are Facts while Opinions aren't Facts.

"Sigh" It is just like a broken record with you. It is just sad that you are guilty of breaking the "opinions are not facts" rule yourself over and over again.

You have only experienced 3 glitches while they weren't anything game breaking. All that happened was that you got stuck, couldn't lock pick something, and an Objective didn't finish. You having 3 glitches doesn't equal experiencing lots of glitches. This just proves that you Lie and you don't care. If you don't like games with a handful of glitches then don't play any mainstream Shooters or Western RPGs then because Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Gears 2 have more glicthes then AP. The people that complain about this game because they can or that they blame the game for their lack of skill since AP is a Halo game and its a RPG that solely based on your character stats to play the game.

Not true. I mentioned these 3 glitches as an example of how many different glitches I had experienced in a relatively short time span. The problem with not being able to use things; I have experienced this a lot. I've got stuck twice now. While using chain shot I have experienced the shots not hitting my target, even though, there were no objects between us, whatsoever, and I was standing only 1-2 metres away. I have experienced enemy NPC's not noticing me having a shootout with their comrades standing just beside them. Enemy NPC's have been standing in the same place staring into a wall; doing nothing at all... just standing there... staring. Today I even experienced an enemy getting "sucked" into a wall. He was still able to shoot at me, while I could not shoot at him. I could easily write more glitches down for you, but I think this will do.

I think this is too many glitches (not mentioning many more that I have experienced), and I have never experienced as many glitches as this in any other game and not in the games that you keep mentioning either; yes, I have played them before and completed them too. Apparently, you haven't experienced a single glitch and that is fine. But I have and therefore they are a part of my opinion about this particular game. An opinion you cannot seem tolerate. It seems like you take it as a personal offence when someone states something bad about the game.

I do tell the Truth since there's no reason for me to Lie over the Internet or not to do research to get the Facts.

I believe you are lying about the reviewer's copies and reviewers taking bribes. You've got nothing to prove these claims. They are just make-belief arguments.

The one thats being a Hypocrite in Denial is you since you're moaning about glitches in AP while you shouldn't be playing any games especially FPSs and Western RPGs.

Actually, I should, since I don't think any of them are as glitchy as AP. Do other games have glitches? Yes. But that is not the point at all. The point is: do they have so many glitches that they can be aggravating to play? No, on the most part. And those that does, I tend to dislike. AP is the exception.

We can easily Debate while you don't have the Knowledge and Resources to do an Intelligent conversation.

If this is true, then why do you keep posting remarks like this assumption of me and not try to debate yourself? To me it seems like it is the other way around. Everyone, who has written something they dislike about AP in this thread, has been flamed by you. You haven't attempted to debate with anyone.

If you were actually trying to reason with me then you wouldn't be Lieing or moaning about glitches in games. Go somewhere else to Flame.

I'm not lieing. You only conclude this because I had something bad to say about AP. It seems to me that in your mind nothing can be bad about the game. Therefore, anyone who has anything bad to say about the game "hasn't really played it", "is lieing", "sucks at the game" and so on. You are making things up, so you can disregard other people's opinions as "bashing" or "flaming". If this is true (and I think it is) then you certainly don't have respect for other people's opinions.

The "don't-force-your-opinion-on-me" remark from you says a lot, I think. You seem to be afraid of the bad things people has to say about the game, because deep down you know some of the things to be true, but you won't admit it; even to yourself. Therefore you flame people so they have no chance to convince you of what you already know; this way they won't "force their opinions on you".

You can't even admit to one bad thing about AP, can you? Even with the best games I have ever played I can name some faults- it would be interesting if you were willing to name even one thing about this game that you disliked- just one thing. I'm pretty sure you won't, though. You probably liked every single part of the game, which is good for you.

Yep that was some online-psychology for you right there. Not saying it is true, but it does prove that I can make some online-assumptions of you as well. Now where did that get us? Nowhere, just like your assumptions of me got us nowhere.

Anyways, just to be clear, I think AP is a decent game. It has its number of flaws, but the dialogue and choices are top-notch. I do understand why some people doesn't have the patience to keep playing a game this glitchy (my experience of the game), but the people who can see past the glitches are in for an interesting take on the agent franchise. Probably a rent before a buy, I think. This way people can make their own impression of the game, and buy it if it strikes their fancy. My opinion- call it what you will :)

To: Blueprotoss & Ink129....

Your "DEBATE" really isn't going anywhere. Best just to let it go and move on.

To: Blueprotoss, me being a big fan of AP can honestly tell you that I don't believe Ink129 is saying anything wrong! Actually his points are quite valid and true and I don't think he has bashed the game ever! If you read my post in this thread (about a billion posts before your heated debate) you will see that even though I love this game and gave it a positive little review I know that it is FAR from being perfect and that there is much room for improvement.

To: Ink129, though I haven't experienced the number of glitches that you have, I do feel your pain and understand. I respect your opinions and feel like you weren't given a fair oppurtunity to express them. Even though I like Blueprotoss' passion for this game, I don't believe he will simply let this go. Therefore it is up to you to be the bigger person and let this argument/debate die.

Thank you both for your time. I hope you both have a great day and happy gaming!:drunk

P.s: I haven't been playing a "reviewer copy" and Mikey got stuck in the middle of a staircase last night! lol ;)

Edited by gmorra

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh... oh god. I just can't stop laughing at this one! Blueprotoss, you may have just outdone yourself here. I'm sorry, but this is just golden.

...Ah, dammit. I'm here again, aren't I? Ah crap. You know, I thought I was done. I'm sorry, but that was just to damn funny for me to leave alone. Right, anyway...

Ink: While your points are valid, your debate is solid and your want to look into Blueprotoss's psych is interesting, I'd recommend dropping this one. Blue has dug himself into a very deep fox hole, and has surrounded it with barbed wire and sandbags to the point of it being impossible to come out. He's convinced everything is fact just because he said it, and anyone who thinks differently then him is immediately wrong, is flaming the boards and is mindlessly bashing AP no matter how much good may be mixed in with the one point against him.

If you still are going to dive into his psych though, here's something I noticed. 100% of his posts have been posted on one forum: the Alpha Protocol forum. All of his posts have been the same thing too: either making love to people who think the game is perfect, or flaming anyone who has even one bad thing to say about the game.

While it is pretty interesting, at this point I'm just convinced it's a troll who's just doing this for shits and giggles at this point. I honestly refuse to believe that any sane person can continue to spout out the BS he does after haven it proven wrong time and time again. So Ink, I'd recommend just bowing out at this point, since this does have the potential to just go on and on forever.

@Gmorra and The Lazy Pyro: Ah, you are probably right, guys. No need to "debate" this further. At times I'm just too stubborn for my own good, I admit that; once and a while I just need people to point it out to me. Thanks guys ;)

It was on the point of getting ugly anyway.

@Blueprotoss: We will probably never see eye to eye on many things, but we'd better agree to disagree on this one. I apologize for anything that might have offended you as I got a little carried away in the last few posts...

Edited by Ink129

...Ah, dammit. I'm here again, aren't I? Ah crap. You know, I thought I was done. I'm sorry, but that was just to damn funny for me to leave alone. Right, anyway...

Got yourself caught in the same time loop, didn't you?

I'd like to thank you guys for such a good time. You've been making my days at the office almost wonderfull. :p

@Gmorra and The Lazy Pyro: Ah, you are probably right, guys. No need to "debate" this further. At times I'm just too stubborn for my own good, I admit that; once and a while I just need people to point it out to me. Thanks guys ;)

It was on the point of getting ugly anyway.

Eh, it happens. Trust me, this wouldn't have gone on pass continually bashing your head against a wall over and over again.

Got yourself caught in the same time loop, didn't you?

I'd like to thank you guys for such a good time. You've been making my days at the office almost wonderfull. :p

No problem Mike. Glad someone enjoyed this. :p

I was gonna post my list of facts---I mean "opinions" on Alpha Protocol but I'm not entirely sure it's 'safe' yet. Is he gone?

Well, I'll do it anyways.

I was looking forward to this game for a long, long time and I have to say I was quite disappointed when I finally got to play it. The RPG elements are great and it has some fantastic and intelligent ideas and concepts to offer but the 'polish' (or lack of) has let it down considerably. Let's be honest, most people will initially form their opinion of a game based on the 'essential' parts that make it (I mean graphics, sound and playability and not necessarily the little parts that make it unique or even fun).

Now, when I play a game my first impression will always be on how it looks and folks, AP looks awful (this is 2010 for goodness sake!). Sound is second and decidedly average (some bits are OK where others are rubbish). And lastly playability which is also average, (with jittery controls and a fairly steep learning curve).

Now I don't know if this was how Obsidian intended to release AP but considering the delays it had, it hardly matters.

My impression is that it was probably rushed and that's a damn shame considering what it could have been, but I'm afraid I'm not delusional enough to ignore the bad bits and praise it for the good ones. It has pros, it more cons but it is an average game by today's standards.

I still bloody enjoyed it though!

P.S. I just wished some bits weren't so painful to play!

P.P.S. I totally just bashed AP without intending to, I do actually like this game. Promise!

I've finished playing all possible combination of endings and can honestly say this is one of my favorite games. I just started playing Singularity, which got high praise, but, to be honest, the game is not as refined as AP. There are interactive phones and typewriters everywhere but when you interact with them, they just give a dialtone (not sure why since the place is long abandoned and without power) and the typewriter goes 'ding'. Gee whiz! Even though it is a shooter, and not an rpg, the aiming system can be a bit trying at times. And the graphics in AP look much better.

Not sure what you mean by steep learning curve but if you ever played any of the Hitman games like myself, I was able to step right in without even blinking. I think most of the frustration came from people choosing combat armor (since it provides more protection and gadget space) instead of the stealth armor. With the stealth armor, you are able to sneak right up to someone without them hearing you. Much easier to play stealth than as a run n gun.

The only bits I found "hard to play" were the tedious parts, battling Darcy, the helicopter and the embassy mission. Although, I hear there's a sniper rifle on the roof in that one that I never tried. I should go back through but I'm trying to perservere Singularity now but I may just go trade it in for ME2...

I just mean it takes a while to learn the ins and outs of the game, especially with the aiming system and minigames. I'm not necessarily saying it's hard, just takes a while to get used to it (which is also why people may not like it). Overall its' a decent title, but it should have been much, much better.

@Nitnoid:

I actually enjoyed Singularity a lot. It felt like a mix of Bioshock, F.E.A.R. and Half-Life 2 to me. The first 30 minutes bored the hell out of me, but then it picked up the pace. It isn't exactly anything people hasn't seen before in other shooters, and I actually found Singularity to feel a little old-school, but in a good nostalgic kind of way.

But yeah, the graphics are "meh", and I didn't get the phones and typewriters either. In the beginning I expected them to "function" at some point, but that really never happened. But overall a good game I think.

But if you don't like it then you should definitely trade it in for ME2 if possible. That game is in a total different league- just brilliant! Brilliant I say! ;)

@jgahagan:

I guess your could be right about the learning curve. It is pretty steep in some regards and might frighten some gamers away. Especially the minigames took me awhile to get the hang of. But once your eyes are "trained" for them, they are actually pretty fun to do and feels well-implemented I think. Otherwise not too difficult a game (although I'm only playing normal right now), but I can see how some fights could be a pain on hard- especially if you picked recruit for your hard walkthrough like my brother did- ouch :)

Your first post also pretty much sums up how I feel about the game. Although I did not have the game in my scopes before launch we pretty much have the same opinion about it. I would really have liked an AP2, though. AP could have been a decent foundation in the franchise, and if the developers had held on to the pros and improved on the cons then AP 2 could have been awesome. It sure has a lot of potential I think. But it seems like I shouldn't be holding my breath for this. A shame... :(

I just mean it takes a while to learn the ins and outs of the game, especially with the aiming system and minigames. I'm not necessarily saying it's hard, just takes a while to get used to it (which is also why people may not like it). Overall its' a decent title, but it should have been much, much better.
It does have a slight learning curve since you need to play it as a RPG not as a Shooter just like how ME and Deues Ex. Its not hard while people like to blame the game instead of their own lack of skill.

@Blueprotoss: We will probably never see eye to eye on many things, but we'd better agree to disagree on this one. I apologize for anything that might have offended you as I got a little carried away in the last few posts...

Its okay while I guess both of us were getting ugly. Its always better to agree to disagree then to cause a mindless argument.

Its okay while I guess both of us were getting ugly. Its always better to agree to disagree then to cause a mindless argument.

No harm done then- good to know, buddy. We both came out on the other end unscathed :)

And now I will probably fire up the good ol' xbox and do some agent...ing? ;)

Edited by LilMissRoxy

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see another Alpha Protocol but to be honest I think I'd rather see a complete reboot of the idea (just a general overhaul of the engine, graphics and certain gameplay mechanics). I also think any publisher other than SEGA would have been better for the IP. It sounds as if they were never too confident with it. But alas we shall never know, well not any time soon anyway.

What I loved about this game was even on my third playthrough I got to experience new situations and new gameplay. It is very rare that I get this feeling. Usually it's just a second playthrough on hard with an increase in difficulty but this game continued to amaze me.

My first playthrough was all stealth on normal, doing my best to not get detected at all (impossible I know). The second was run and gun on hard which was tough but extremely fun. The assault rifle was amazing towards the end. My last playthrough was all about gadgets and sabotage, discovering the remote hack ability was a real eye opener, even making some scenarios a cake-walk.

I guess my point is that each playthrough felt like a different game and that is just mind blowing in respect to most games these days. I understand that this game has it's flaws but I enjoyed it far too much to care.

Also it's funny that even after my third playthrough, I know there is more to discover and experience. I really hope someone runs with the idea and makes a sequel or a spiritual successor.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see another Alpha Protocol but to be honest I think I'd rather see a complete reboot of the idea (just a general overhaul of the engine, graphics and certain gameplay mechanics). I also think any publisher other than SEGA would have been better for the IP. It sounds as if they were never too confident with it. But alas we shall never know, well not any time soon anyway.
I think a reboot for AP would be Bad since ME2 changed the ME formula in a Bad way. AP should follow the same course as Deus Ex by improving the series with each installment while staying close the core of the game. The only thing tht would needto be overhauled is the Engine since the Unreal Engine was the general problem for AP. To me it does seem that Sega wasn't confident in AP while Sonic still isn't making the big bucks for them anyways. I would perfer Bethesda to get the Publishing rights to AP though.

The flaws in the game really do not bother me that much. Graphics are not that big of a deal to me. To me the game-play is quite fun and I love the re-playability the game offers.

I am on my tenth play through right now and I still love the game.

Edited by gof22