Update lowered happy stars for beating Marshal on very hard

Fat Grover

you now only earn 500 stars. I think I'm done with this game. Earning stars any other way is too slow for enjoyment.

yeah i'm sure glad all in need to do is beat the game and have perfect but this is soooo dumb. Now they are really forcing you pay to win.

Yep. Noticed this after grinding and spending 70k yesterday. I didn't get anything above 6w and no premium, went back and it's only 500!!!!! Just a money grab before the online community drops off more. Most of my friends already quit playing because you can't rank up the high weight premiums because of the material cost. It was a good run tho :) free for me suckas I'll never pay!

You are done with a game just because a certain level rewards less stars? I'm sorry, but to me it seems a bit ridiculous to want to stop playing an entire game over something so trivial like that. You can get many stars simply by playing the game and having fun with it! Grinding for them isn't really necessary in order to be successful, and you don't need to pay a single Microsoft point to be successful in the game either.

you now only earn 500 stars. I think I'm done with this game. Earning stars any other way is too slow for enjoyment.

Welcome to the world of grinding.

yeah i'm sure glad all in need to do is beat the game and have perfect but this is soooo dumb. Now they are really forcing you pay to win.

I'm just happy that I don't have to pay to play the game. Since the game was free, you don't really have the right to gripe about changes made to make the game harder to get achievements and such.

Edited by Ceris

Anybody know what else they changed in the update? Connection issues would be nice. I'm not able t check because I'm at work.

I guess not, I updated the patch taday, it still says they are adressing the online issues, as expected, when I connected to online matches, it still takes too long to start, so nothing changes.

Yep. Noticed this after grinding and spending 70k yesterday. I didn't get anything above 6w and no premium, went back and it's only 500!!!!! Just a money grab before the online community drops off more. Most of my friends already quit playing because you can't rank up the high weight premiums because of the material cost. It was a good run tho :) free for me suckas I'll never pay!

Sure, they nerfed the overtly generous Happy Stars in the campaign, but they did adjust the material values of items. It is much easier to upgrade premium items now rather than leveling up fodder just to level up the premium. They giveth and taketh.

Sidenote to OP: If an obvious exploit getting rightfully nerfed ruins a game for you, then just move on. Go enter the Konami Code over and over on the Contra startup to make yourself feel better.

Appears someone wanted to play and upgrade everything offline. Well, I see it this way. you have to get to level 26 either way, if you want to get the achievements. And that level is only obtainable in multiplayer, where the only way to level up is to complete games, which results in getting happy stars. So at least put in a valiant effort to complete it online. Get happy stars and then back out every so often, and upgrade your items. Easy, plain, simple