Relaxed and Chilled Games

Sabrelord

Not sure if I can agree with OP's statement about Plants vs. Zombies being a casual game. Allow me to quote a personal favourite ancient Chinese proverb as proof:

"He who believes Plants vs. Zombies is a casual game has never truly played Plants vs. Zombies."

Perhaps my opinion is jaded from just playing the PC version. However if you don't mind a slightly jarring atmosphere and very simplistic controls, I would say Limbo counts as a casual title.

I'd say Limbo qualifies. You could turn down the lights, sit back, and let the dark lighting and ambient noises do their work.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Still not sure what to get though, gotta take a look a the Demos of Tropico, Omerta and Catan(thanks for reminding me)

Not sure if I can agree with OP's statement about Plants vs. Zombies being a casual game. Allow me to quote a personal favourite ancient Chinese proverb as proof:

"He who believes Plants vs. Zombies is a casual game has never truly played Plants vs. Zombies."

I didn't say casual...just a slow paced comfy game.

I know PvZ can be challenging... finished it.

Same for Civ:rev

I got Limbo, cool too.

Tbh, i never ever played Minecraft since i'm not into map editor kind of stuff and never know what i should build...

Is there any point of playing it when you're not realy creative in such things?

2 older questions i'd appreciate a reply to.

What would be a cool tower defense for XBLA? (i got south park, very cool but also not what i'm thinking of)

Puzzle Quest is pretty close to what i'm looking for(is there something like a Clash of Heroes clone?)

XBLA - Stacking, Costume Quest, Peggle

Retail - Beautiful Katamari, Viva Pinata and Viva Pinata:Trouble in Paradise.

The Katamari games are so relaxing and fun, just the music in the level select meadow/world puts me at ease. That and Viva Pinata, particularly TIP which was my go to game for about 2 years when i couldn't decide what to play.

Stacking is another really relaxing game, the only downside being the short length of the game, same with Costume Quest; great but short.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Still not sure what to get though, gotta take a look a the Demos of Tropico, Omerta and Catan(thanks for reminding me)

I didn't say casual...just a slow paced comfy game.

I know PvZ can be challenging... finished it.

Same for Civ:rev

I got Limbo, cool too.

Tbh, i never ever played Minecraft since i'm not into map editor kind of stuff and never know what i should build...

Is there any point of playing it when you're not realy creative in such things?

2 older questions i'd appreciate a reply to.

What would be a cool tower defense for XBLA? (i got south park, very cool but also not what i'm thinking of)

Puzzle Quest is pretty close to what i'm looking for(is there something like a Clash of Heroes clone?)

hey man, easily final fantasy crystal defenders....seriously kicks ass :uzi:

and oh before I forget Civilization Revolution, Supreme Commander 2, Toy Soldiers and literally Section 8 all which are exclusive. :D

as many others have said in this thread already, the sims and costume quest are great relaxing games however for a blend of relaxing and tower defense definitely go with dungeon defenders easily one of the best tower defense games out to date. you could also try realms of ancient war. vandal hearts is a fun and pretty easy turn based strategy game, the walking dead by telltale is an awesome point and click, torchlight's a pretty relaxed and easy rpg. la noire is pretty chill paced also. and dynasty warriors is a classic for mindless easy fun. hopefully some of these help you out man :]

• 3 months later...
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I bought Lego Indiana Jones today just to achievement whore, and very nearly bought Lego Star Wars as well. What's next? Probably end up playing Viva Piñata which came with my original Xbox next. Now that's just getting silly.

Very true and it's an easy 1000G. You should also get Lego Batman another fun and chilled game. Everything that happens in the Lego games (few I've played) just make you laugh and make things better. Like when beating up an enemy and then you make his lego parts shatter.

• 3 weeks later...

Most puzzle games (like Hexic HD, Tetris Splash and Bejeweled 2, 3 and Blitz) can be relaxing, and a good change of pace from all of the Halos and Call of Duties in the world.

And there's Minecraft. It's such a relaxing and amazing game that I've yet to find anyone who hasn't played it (and if you haven't, go buy it now :)).

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I bought Lego Indiana Jones today just to achievement whore, and very nearly bought Lego Star Wars as well. What's next? Probably end up playing Viva Piñata which came with my original Xbox next. Now that's just getting silly.

Why are you ashamed? Indiana Jones is cute!

Also the Sims 3 is so fun, I love making the Sims cheat on each other, it's pretty fun but I feel horrible at the same time.