Anybody Else... *SPOILERS*

Get pretty damn sad when Eli got killed at the end of Episode Two, but not give a damn when Alyx was stabbed at the beginning?

Personally... I hate Alyx really. And I know it's grieving, but her moaning at the end actually served to lessen the intensity of Eli's death and make it more annoying.

I don't know, I was just wondering if anybody else dislikes her and has any thoughts on why I feel like this.

I like Alyx as a support character. She's not really that annoying, unless she's telling me to hurry up or something. I wasn't worried when she got stabbed at the beginning, because it was 2 seconds into the game and I doubted anything bad would come of it. It would be sadder if say, you recovered the larval extract but she was too fargone and died anyway, then you had to go to White Forest yourself and give Eli the bad news.

I like Alyx as a support character. She's not really that annoying, unless she's telling me to hurry up or something. I wasn't worried when she got stabbed at the beginning, because it was 2 seconds into the game and I doubted anything bad would come of it. It would be sadder if say, you recovered the larval extract but she was too fargone and died anyway, then you had to go to White Forest yourself and give Eli the bad news.

That would be difficult as Gordon doesn't talk.

True enough but I'm not sure how the Vorts would be able to put bits of his brain back together.

I liked Alyx, glad her and DOG both survived. Glad to have a female main character who is an ass-kicker instead of the woe-is-me protect me crap and she is instrumental in getting One Free Bullet in Ep. 1 blasting enemies left right and everywhere. :uzi: She rocks.

Though I'm not sure if I can forgive Valve for her "Zombine...get it? Zomebine?" quip from Ep. 1 though. I know it was lame on purpose, written to be so, but that doesn't stop it from being lame. :p

Portal 2 is coming, and Ep 2 ties Aperture Science and the HL universe together, wondering about the impact of Eli's death as well if Chani from Portal will make an appearence in HL3..or Ep 3....whichever Valve finally gets out there!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I was just glad DOG survived...

And I won't believe Eli is dead until it's confirmed in the next Half Life game. I admit it looks bad, but those Vortigaunts are pretty handy with their healing hands.

...like Opiate stated, his brains were sucked out. There's no coming back from that. :)

I love Alyx; she adds a lot of depth and personality to the story/atmosphere. Since Gordon is silent, someone needs to be vocal. Episode 2 had the saddest ending to any game I've ever played. So...so sad.

• 2 weeks later...
Alyx was pretty annoying but as Battosai said..some one needs to talk in the game lol Gordon is quiet so there has to be a character that adds "emotion". I think it would be cool if in the next game at the very end...gordon talks and says something epic

It would have to be something unimaginably epic to make Gordon have a speaking role lol. But seriously, Gordon will probably never speak that's the way he was designed to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Eli was very sad, no happy endings for this episode. :(

I didn't mind Alyx, but I got a bit worried by all the goo-goo eyes she was making at Gordon. Episode 3 = Half Life Happy Families?

And nobody's mentioned the saddest part of the ending - waving a tearful farewell to the Gnome! :p

• 1 month later...
It would have to be something unimaginably epic to make Gordon have a speaking role lol. But seriously, Gordon will probably never speak that's the way he was designed to be.

It's LOADS of fun going through hl2 and the episodes and making Gordon quote Master Chief. XD

Guy: "Seeing as how you brought that chopper in on your tail, you wanna, maybe, help us take it down?"

Gordon: "I need a weapon."

Alyx: "Do you worst, Gordon. But be careful."

Gordon: "Tell that to the covenant."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

why would you hate alyx? she's one of the only female game characters who wasn't made to appear overly bad ass... i'm actually curious now, why the fuck do you hate her? :confused:

It's LOADS of fun going through hl2 and the episodes and making Gordon quote Master Chief. XD

Guy: "Seeing as how you brought that chopper in on your tail, you wanna, maybe, help us take it down?"

Gordon: "I need a weapon."

Alyx: "Do you worst, Gordon. But be careful."

Gordon: "Tell that to the covenant."

No, no it isn't. Gordon Freeman > Master Chief.

Edited by Vanilla Coke Zero

• 9 months later...

Personally, I like Alyx. I thought they did a fairly decent job with the rendering of facial emotions and the subtle flirting that she engages in with Gordon.

And, I was genuinely upset when Eli died. That just goes to show you how well the game was made....caring for characters is a hallmark of excellent writing.

Hell, I even like Dog, and he isn't even alive! (well, as much as a videogame character can be alive.....you know what I mean....)