Is this game worth buying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found the metal case "collector's edition" at Microcenter for $15 a couple weeks ago. It had been marked down 4 or 5 times, going by the price tags (can't imagine paying $70!)

They put a lot into it-- comes with poster, art book, "making of" DVD, plus of course the cool metal case. In retrospect they were a bit naive to think this was a game people would want to collect stuff for, but I'm happy with it for 15 bucks. Game itself falls a bit behind other shooters, but I have a soft spot for WWII shooters (even mediocre ones), so I like it despite its clunkiness.

Edited by derspiess

• 3 weeks later...
I found the metal case "collector's edition" at Microcenter for $15 a couple weeks ago. It had been marked down 4 or 5 times, going by the price tags (can't imagine paying $70!)

They put a lot into it-- comes with poster, art book, "making of" DVD, plus of course the cool metal case. In retrospect they were a bit naive to think this was a game people would want to collect stuff for, but I'm happy with it for 15 bucks. Game itself falls a bit behind other shooters, but I have a soft spot for WWII shooters (even mediocre ones), so I like it despite its clunkiness.

I also bought the collectors edition yesterday, and I payed a better price- 4.96 + 13% Tax (CDN) for a total of $5.61:woop:

• 4 weeks later...

This game is going really cheap now, I picked it up in the UK for £5, but is it even worth that?.... If you want an easy game that you can get 700ish GS from, you don't mind shitty graphics and bad aiming, then why not, there are worst games out there (but not many). I did have some moments of enjoyment (mostly when the achievements popped up).

I didn't even dare try the online play, it would have been an insult to my router.

ps. play on "normal", then replay the very last level on "hard" & "insane" to get the achievements. Once done, throw the game away cos no-one will buy it off you and the tradng game shops will laugh at you for buying it in the first place

This game is going really cheap now, I picked it up in the UK for £5, but is it even worth that?.... If you want an easy game that you can get 700ish GS from, you don't mind shitty graphics and bad aiming, then why not, there are worst games out there (but not many). I did have some moments of enjoyment (mostly when the achievements popped up).

I didn't even dare try the online play, it would have been an insult to my router.

ps. play on "normal", then replay the very last level on "hard" & "insane" to get the achievements. Once done, throw the game away cos no-one will buy it off you and the tradng game shops will laugh at you for buying it in the first place

You're spot on there pal.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you want to talk about what the game is worth paying...

I got mine for free with my Xbox 360 2009 Holiday Bundle. Best Buy wanted to clear out the bundles as well as some older games, so I got Turning Point: Fall of Liberty as well as Fable II for free during a sale deal, in addition to the included Pure and Lego Batman games.

I would say that if you like shooters, especially World War II shooters, and do not mind playing a game that looks like it belongs on the original Xbox in 2003, pick it up for $10 or less in a bargain bin somewhere. The 740 offline gamerscore points come relatively quickly, with only a few that take much effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

but I got the game NEW from newegg.com for only $7.99.

It's not well made. The concept, interesting, but not well executed. Enemies lag.

Single player achievements 4/10. I unlocked all of them in one night in less than 10hrs.

AND SPOILER !!!

-

-

Detonating an atomic bomb in the air less than 5 miles off the coast of New York City is as deadly as putting it in the middle of it. STUPID ending.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my copy used at Gamestop for 8 or 10 dollars and I liked the game at first but once I heard how nobody plays multiplayer I started hating the game and though the live achievements would be nice to have I am just getting the single player ones so just thought I'd give my view on it it's like an easier Call Of Duty in my opinion.

Edited by CHAMP PHELPS
spelling error