Rope ascender in Bunker GLITCH

GUS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BmRKZFZX84]Tomb Raider Rope Ascender Bug - YouTube[/ame]

Glitched metal box that dont move from place, this is a glitch many is having and not being able to finish the game, so a tough asking if any of u here are having this?

EDIT: SOLUTION: after using the bow to move the crate walk toward the floor, aim with the bow and you will phase through the floor.

Edited by GUS

Can anyone give a rough idea when this happens in the game so people who are getting the game in the next few days can back up their saves prior to this?

Minor spoilers

after finding ur friends and they are fixing a boat, a guy asks u to get a tool on a boat for him, after getting that tool delivering to him the next area on the boat after defeating a big black guy boss is this area glitch.

Minor spoilers

after finding ur friends and they are fixing a boat, a guy asks u to get a tool on a boat for him, after getting that tool delivering to him the next area on the boat after defeating a big black guy boss is this area glitch.

Thank you for that. Hopefully you can find a solution to the problem.

The game isn't released yet. Maybe you're testing it for them for free!

i take that job with eyes closed because their testers are not doing a good job.

Thank you for that. Hopefully you can find a solution to the problem.

as i can see only a patch can solve this or replay the hole game from the beginig wich is a pain because the glitch is near the end.

The game isn't released yet. Maybe you're testing it for them for free!

If it's shipped, it's released imo. Please stop defending such stuff.

/edit: Alright, I started all over, because I realized I missed out on Chatterbox, so I had to anyway. I'm past that glitched spot and I think I know the reason why this bug happens:

It seems like that the game spawns ANOTHER crate WITHIN the original one if you died/reloaded at that boss guy. Those 2 crates will block each other and cause them to float and get stuck in mid air. I got killed by the boss on my first time and as a result that glitch happened. Now I've made a backup save at bonfire on the beach, right before you head towards the ship.. just in case. Well, I arrived on the ship and killed everyone w/o dying/reloading and I was able to pull over the crate as it was originally intended.

tl;dr: MAKE A BACKUP SAVE AT THE BEACH RIGHT BEFORE THE SHIP AND DON'T GET KILLED BY THE BOSS THERE. Hope that helps. Everyone who is already affected by that glitch has to wait for a patch or start a new game.

Edited by aspa

Maybe you guys should move out of canada if you want to get your games earlier. You know, there are places on this planet where you can walk in a STORE and BUY tomb raider since last tuesday. No need to be jealous. ;)

I believe you missed the word "legally" in my post.

Stores that break the street date can be fined up to $100,000 per copy of the game. It's against the law.

If the public are not legally allowed to own a copy of the game, then as a developer they don't have to try and rush a proper update to fix issues like this until March 5. Issues will negatively reflect on reviews though.

I tried from this save point with the 22 mb patch installed and after that i deleted the patch and tried it offline without the patch. So this patch hasnt to do with the glitch. I started a new playthrough, because i see i have also missed the achievement chatterbox. :eek:

Next time when i start this level i will make some savegame backups on my usb drive.

Nice that i already 100% find any collectibles in every corner i was before and thanks to the developers that this didnt go over to a new playtrhough. You have to collect everything again :mad::mad::mad:

Going to get a bit of abuse for this but I see two pretty common misnomers in this thread and I feel I should stick up for devs/QA:

1. The publisher - not the developer - is generally the one who makes the choices regarding resources including putting out patches etc (which isn't free remember). All too often I see people ranting at the devs and not the pubs, which isn't always fair...

2. ... which leads me onto my second point, which is that people shouldn't automatically blame QA/testers if a game ships with a fairly common bug/glitch. QA probably have seen this issue but it's not up to them whether it gets fixed or not.

Again it's not free, the publishers have to weigh up whether it's worth spending time and money fixing something only a few people might get. Without the game being out, it's not always easy for the to predict how many people might be affected by an issue. If an issue only affects 1 in a 100 gamers then it might not be worth fixing, as sad as that is.

3. Publishers don't like to put out updates/patches for every single issue. It makes business sense to wait to get a whole bunch of issues locked down and fixed than to immediately pay to get a TU out the moment an issue is located. Also, don't forget how game code works - fixing one issue might cause another. It all needs testing/certification. Not always as simple as just editing a line of code and being done with it.

The update that came out is just the usual day one update. Microsoft charge thousands for every TU after it. So a lot of blame should be aimed at MS really for these things not getting fixed immediately.

Anyway, can any of your unfortunate souls who have been affected by this tell me exactly where it happens?

There's a useful description above which will help me in keeping an eye out for it, but is it possible to nail it down to a particular chapter/level/mission/area? I can see myself forgetting to back up my save without a more direct description of where it is.

Thanks!

Anyway, can any of your unfortunate souls who have been affected by this tell me exactly where it happens?

There's a useful description above which will help me in keeping an eye out for it, but is it possible to nail it down to a particular chapter/level/mission/area? I can see myself forgetting to back up my save without a more direct description of where it is.

Thanks!

I never got affected by it, but it's at the part

[spoiler=1337]where your mission is to travel back to the Endurance in order to get the tools from Alex. It's a couple missions after you've reached Shipwreck Beach. I would create a save as soon as you get the mission assigned.

Edited by Rep