Expressions, Expressions, Expressions (The Completionist)

Webb

Rather than discuss this in the main guide, I thought I'd reach out for some help. I'm having a few difficulties tracking down some expressions and thought people could help me. So I thought I'd start a list of all the expressions and where you find them:

Rude -

Play Dead = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dead Handy")

Kiss My Ass = Earned at 20,000 Renown

Chicken = You start the game with this.

Beg = Learned during Adolescence

Point & Laugh = You start the game with this.

Middle Finger = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("The Finger")

Vulgar Thrust = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("The Perv's Handbook")

Scary -

Slap = You start the game with this

Growl = You start the game with this

Threaten = Learn at 50% evil morality

Scary Laugh = Learned at 10,000 renown

Bloodlust Roar = You start the game with this

Extort = Learned at 100% evil morality

Feign Attack = www.fable2.com and take the right crown at the end.

Social -

Follow = Learned at 100 renown

Dismiss = Learned at 100 renown

Lute = Bowerstone Market General Store

Trophy = Earnt from quests.

Apologize = Learned at 25% good morality

Dog Praise/Thumbs Up = Learned during Childhood

Dog Scold/Thumbs Down = Learned during Childhood

Gift = Learned during Adolescence

Fun -

Dance = You start the game with this.

Hat, Headband, Moustache = Win playing Pub Games on Xbox Live Arcade

Fart = You start the game with this.

Sock Puppet = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Sock It To 'Em")

Laugh = Learned at 50% good morality

Belch = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Belching For Beginners")

Victory Arm Pump = You start the game with this.

Flirt -

Worship = Bowerstone Market Book Store (Book of Workship) - Upstairs in bookcase (may need to purchase).

Come Back To My Place = Bowerstone Market book store ("Come Hither Dear")

Pick Up Line = You start the game with this.

Blow Kiss = Learned at 2,500 renown

Seduce = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("The Art of Seduction") and/or "Till Death Do Us Part" quest

Whistle = You start the game with this.

Heroic Pose = You start the game with this.

And for the dog:

Combat - 5 star = All books to upgrade can be bought from the Bowerstone Market Book Store.

Treasure Hunting -5 star = All books to upgrade can be bought from the Bowerstone Market Book Store.

Roll Over = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! Roll Over")

Chase Tail = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! Tail Chase

Play Dead = In a chest in Bowerstone Cemetery

Beg = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog tricks! Begging")

Backflip = Win a 2-star Fortune's Tower Tourny in Xbox Live Arcade Pub Games

Bunny Hop = Can be found in a silver key treasure chest (requires 1 key)by the Bower Lake Demon Door.

Wave = Bought from the Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! The Wave")

Hide Snout = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! Hide Snout") and/or random NPC, Gift, Dig Site or chest

Growl = In a chest in Gargoyle Trove (must do the Gargoyle Quest)

Targeted Urination = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! Targeted Urination")

Also, I'm aware there is one bookshop in Bowerstone Market ... Is there another one? Does the Fairfax Mansion have any expression books in the library. Any help is appreciated :D

NOTE - If the books aren't there when you go to the Book Store, try again later on in the story, please don't ask, "why isn't this there?". The appearance of books seems to be random. Try buying everything and then going back later if all else fails.

Gonna temp sticky as well till the list is complete :Angel

Edited by Webb

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your missing the following

Fun

Hat, Headband,Moustache- Pub games tournament- (Spinnerbox- Table Buy-In 25gold)

Laugh

Scary

Extort

Feign Attack-from book The Counterfeit Warrior

I'm still looking for where to get these, but hope this helps. If I find where to get these I'll reply again.

Edited by Quagmire3540

I believe that Backflip for the dog and Hat, Headband, Mustache can only be gotten through the Pub Games. I'll double check if that's where you get HHM.

EDIT: Yep, that's where you get HHM as well. For placing in the top 5 in a 2 star spinnerbox tournament. Spinnerbox is pure luck, so just mash A and hope for the best. I'm trying to get it right now.

Edited by Jobz007

You get extort when you reach 100% evil, its a scary expression

and another fun expression is called hat mustache goatie, and i got it from a book i recieved in the web games

another scary attack is called feign attack, although i'm not sure where i recieved it

Edited by Hot Juicy Pie

So, I reckon, to get this achievement, you need to:

a.) Go from good to evil in one playthrough (or vice versa)

b.) Have unlocked some stuff from the XBLA Pub Games ... Right? Which effectively means, to get the 1K, you have to buy the arcade game. Stop me if I'm wrong here, but the Backflip for the dog and the Hat, Headband, Moustache can only be unlocked by playing the XBLA game?

I'm guessing, Laugh is 100% good and Extort is 100% bad, with Feign Attack the only one we're missing. Agree? Disagree? Answers on a postcard :p

Rather than discuss this in the main guide, I thought I'd reach out for some help. I'm having a few difficulties tracking down some expressions and thought people could help me. So I thought I'd start a list of all the expressions and where you find them:

Ofcourse credit goes to the great guy that started this. I have rearranged it and hopefully you dont mind WEBB. I added in RED what ever u missed.

Rude -

Play Dead = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dead Handy")

Kiss My Ass = Earned at 20,000 Renown

Chicken = You start the game with this.

Beg = Learned during Adolescence

Point & Laugh = You start the game with this.

Middle Finger = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("The Finger")

Vulgar Thrust = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("The Perv's Handbook")

Scary -

Slap = You start the game with this

Growl = You start the game with this

Threaten =Learn at 50% evil morality

Scary Laugh = Learned at 10,000 renown

Bloodlust Roar = You start the game with this

Extort = Learned at 100% evil morality

Feign Attack = Visit www.xbox.com for details

Social -

Follow = Learned at 100 renown

Dismiss = Learned at 100 renown

Lute = Bowerstone Market General Store

Trophy = Earnt from quests.

Apologize = Learned at 25% good morality

Dog Praise/Thumbs Up = Learned during Childhood

Dog Scold/Thumbs Down = Learned during Childhood

Gift = Learned during Adolescence

Fun -

Dance = You start the game with this.

Hat,Headband,Moustache = Win playing Pub Games on Xbox Live Arcade

Fart = You start the game with this.

Sock Puppet = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Sock It To 'Em")

Laugh = Learned at 50% good morality

Belch = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Belching For Beginners")

Victory Arm Pump = You start the game with this.

Flirt -

Worship = Bowerstone Market Book Store (Book of Workship)

Come Back To My Place = Bowerstone Market book store ("Come Hither Dear")

Pick Up Line = You start the game with this.

Blow Kiss = Learned at 2,500 renown

Seduce = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("The Art of Seduction") and/or "Till Death Do Us Part" quest

Whistle = You start the game with this.

Heroic Pose = You start the game with this.

And for the dog:

Combat - 5 star = All books to upgrade can be bought from the Bowerstone Market Book Store.

Treasure Hunting -5 star = All books to upgrade can be bought from the Bowerstone Market Book Store.

Roll Over = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! Roll Over")

Chase Tail = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! Tail Chase

Play Dead = In a chest in Bowerstone Cemetery

Beg = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog tricks! Begging")

Backflip = Win a 2-star Fortune's Tower Tourny in Xbox Life Arcade Pug Games

Bunny Hop = Can be found in a silver key treasure chest (requires 1 key)by the Bower Lake Demon Door.

Wave = Bought from the Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! The Wave")

Hide Snout = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! Hide Snout") and/or random NPC, Gift, Dig Site or chest

Growl = In a chest in Gargoyle Trove (must do the Gargoyle Quest)

Targeted Urination = Bowerstone Market Book Store ("Dog Tricks! Targeted Urination")

Damn..I wish I'd known you have to be good to get those two last expressions (Apologize and Laugh) I'd have been good first, then gone evil. That's a hell of a lot easier than going from evil to good. Anyone know a good way to do this? Go from evil to good I mean. Aside from donating to the temple of light, it's destroyed.

OK, just so you don't waste your time, if you're talking about the completionist achievement I got it without MANY of those expressions. Maybe mine is glitched but despite what it says in the description it popped when I got my last ability (the ones bought through experience).

Looking through this list I don't have - hat,headband, moustache, feign attack, or any of the evil ones since my character was 100% good.

Edited by furrycushion
correction of what i don't have

OK, just so you don't waste your time, if you're talking about the completionist achievement I got it without MANY of those expressions. Maybe mine is glitched but despite what it says in the description it popped when I got my last ability (the ones bought through experience).

Looking through this list I don't have - hat,headband, moustache, feign attack, or any of the evil ones since my character was 100% good.

Alrighty then. I'll do some investigating later and see whether its possible without the pub games and such.

Damn..I wish I'd known you have to be good to get those two last expressions (Apologize and Laugh) I'd have been good first, then gone evil. That's a hell of a lot easier than going from evil to good. Anyone know a good way to do this? Go from evil to good I mean. Aside from donating to the temple of light, it's destroyed.

If you are evil and want the expressions for being "good" all you gotta do at this point, is dress to the likeing of the townfolks.. I.E. for Bowerstone, ihave the Noble Mans Hat (5 star), Gambles Coat (3 star), felt gloves (2 stars i think), noble mans pants ( 5 star) and the noble mans boots (5 star). Once you have that, buy alot of property in every town you can. Now once you have property change the renting cost to (-20% or even -40%) Lowerring the cost of the renting house or business or stall will slowly move you to the "pure side". Now the cheaper the rent the faster you get "good". Also i bought every house in the Gypsy Camp and set the rent/profit to -100%, so they live for free and keep their profits. Also if you have a spouse keep her happy at all times and give her gifts that will also build up your "Good" faster. Now just as stated above start singing in towns or playing your "guitar thingy", also having statues of yourself in towns is not good. Also do funny things in towns, such as "puppet show".