Official NFL Thread

Creech

So I noticed earlier that I have Rob Bironas on my team... I didn't even realize it, because I have Robbie Gould as my primary kicker, and just drafted someone who didn't have the same bye week as the Bears. For some reason, he was still listed as part of the Titans when I drafted.

Basically, the point of that little story is that I have a dead guy on my squad, and he still did better this week than Carolina's defense.

Wow. To soon?

I'm so sick of Ken Whisenhunt's crap about Bishop Sankey's "footwork". Sloppy footwork be damned...the kid is clearly lightyears better than the other chumps at RB on that team.

Give the kid the rock. Then I'd have the best rookie WR (Benjamin) and the best rookie RB.

I'm so sick of Ken Whisenhunt's crap about Bishop Sankey's "footwork". Sloppy footwork be damned...the kid is clearly lightyears better than the other chumps at RB on that team.

Give the kid the rock. Then I'd have the best rookie WR (Benjamin) and the best rookie RB.

I'm surprised he isn't getting very many carries. He keeps playing McCluster over him, which is criminal. Hell, besides goal line and short yardage situations, he should be ahead of Shonn Greene as well.

I'm surprised he isn't getting very many carries. He keeps playing McCluster over him, which is criminal. Hell, besides goal line and short yardage situations, he should be ahead of Shonn Greene as well.

Well, he did get the most carries yesterday...at a whopping 6. After basically not playing the 1st half.

What makes matters worse...Charlie Whitehurst had the 2nd most carries at 5. When your fill in QB gets almost as many carries as your top back (and leads the team in yards)...and that guy's name isn't Vick or Newton...

Imagine what Sankey could do with 15 or more carries in a game.

This has been a crazy NFL season so far. The Cowboys rock the Saints after basically getting outplayed by the Rams the previous week...

The Bucs beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh after looking like the worst team in the league for three weeks.

The Bears, Packers, Niners and Falcons seem to be bipolar. (The Giants always are...)

Minnesota is either good or lucky. Or really good and extremely unlucky (QB injuries and AP)...I can't tell.

About the only thing you can count on is that the Jags are a joke. Again.

I've watched 4 or 5 games, in their entirety, each week and about the only thing I can figure is that Seattle and Denver are the best teams again. Even that has some doubts.

Edited by bigbear.

Well, it was a great 12 or so years of NE Patriots domination. I know some of you probably hate the Patriots and are happy that the dynasty officially ended in week 4, but you still need to respect that run. I'm so happy I witnessed the Patriots glory, even if I started watching during the amazing 16 - 0 run.

Some say the dynasty ended in 2013, but that is just not true. While you could see the early signs of a dynasty collapse, they still found way to win and went to the AFC championship game. Fast forward to 2014 to a team that I consider the worst 2 - 2 team in the league currently: The NE Patriots. This isn't a dynasty. This isn't even a good football team. Its depressing, but the 41 - 14 loss to KC Chiefs marks the sunset to a great dynasty. To early to say? Doubtful. They may not even go 8 - 8 this season.

Well, it was a great 12 or so years of NE Patriots domination. I know some of you probably hate the Patriots and are happy that the dynasty officially ended in week 4, but you still need to respect that run. I'm so happy I witnessed the Patriots glory, even if I started watching during the amazing 16 - 0 run.

Some say the dynasty ended in 2013, but that is just not true. While you could see the early signs of a dynasty collapse, they still found way to win and went to the AFC championship game. Fast forward to 2014 to a team that I consider the worst 2 - 2 team in the league currently: The NE Patriots. This isn't a dynasty. This isn't even a good football team. Its depressing, but the 41 - 14 loss to KC Chiefs marks the sunset to a great dynasty. To early to say? Doubtful. They may not even go 8 - 8 this season.

First of all, the Chiefs aren't a bad team.

Second of all, my last post was all about how crazy this season has been. A blow out loss may not mean anything.

Thirdly, didn't the Pats get blown out last season? A season they made the AFC Championship game as you pointed out.

Finally, if they fix the O-Line a lot of their problems disappear.

Won my fantasy game and had the 2nd most points this week. So much for the BYE week blues.

With Gore and Martin bouncing back I look strong moving forwards.

Pics of my current league standings (just want you guys to see our team names):

[spoiler=team][ATTACH]8841[/ATTACH]

Edited by bigbear.

Double post because...I want to.

An article on Yahoo written by Shaun King (I assume the former QB) points out that WR are outscoring RB in standard scoring leagues.

My first response...welcome to 2010. Seriously, its not like this is a new trend for people paying attention. The increase in passing, RB committees and the increased importance of both WRs and TEs at the goal line has completely altered the balance of power in fantasy...this isn't anything new.

A bell cow like Lynch or DeMarco Murray is still important but in most situations a teams #1 WR is more valuable in fantasy than their #1 RB. In many cases the #2 receiver and a TE are more valuable.

First of all, the Chiefs aren't a bad team.

Second of all, my last post was all about how crazy this season has been. A blow out loss may not mean anything.

Thirdly, didn't the Pats get blown out last season? A season they made the AFC Championship game as you pointed out.

Finally, if they fix the O-Line a lot of their problems disappear.

Won my fantasy game and had the 2nd most points this week. So much for the BYE week blues.

With Gore and Martin bouncing back I look strong moving forwards.

Pics of my current league standings (just want you guys to see our team names):

[spoiler=team][ATTACH]8841[/ATTACH]

The Chiefs aren't bad, but they aren't a great team either. Plus, looking back at week three the Patriots defeated one of, if not the worst NFL team 16 - 9. They did get blown out sorta last season, but they were still winning usually up to that point which I don't see happening this season.

The Patriots are pretty shit this year so far. They lost to the dolphins, would have lost to use if Cassel didn't throw 4 interceptions most likely, and barely beat the Raiders. I won't be surprised if they lose to the Bengals on Sunday because of how good they've been doing.

The Bengals have been on the cusp of being an AFC Championship contender for like three seasons. So even if the Pats were the same old Pats they could lose to the Bengals.

The Bengals have been on the cusp of being an AFC Championship contender for like three seasons. So even if the Pats were the same old Pats they could lose to the Bengals.

This is the first time in seven years that I'm going into a Patriots game knowing they'll lose. If this was any other year besides this NFL season I would be thinking they'd win or at least would have a shot to win which makes this season for NE even more terrible.

Being from a city with a winning dynasty like the Patriots is amazing and these years of being spoiled with win after win was a great experience, but everything ends eventually. Now, if they somehow manage to pull off a win against the Bengals which won't happen then maybe the dynasty isn't completely over.

It all comes down to an impossible game.

Am I missing something or is one of the new team owners in my league just bad at fantasy?

He picked up Marvin Jones from Cincy...Jones hasn't played a snap. Didn't practice today. Would be #3 on the depth chart behind Green and Sanu even if he was fully healthy. The team is trying to run more. And has an elite TE.

Fully healthy this guy would be lucky to see 4 targets a week. Granted they will be redzone targets (he did have 10 TDs last season) but still...

On top of that...I think Sanu is available. I know I dropped him once Green was healthy...

Seriously...am I missing something?

Edited by bigbear.

Am I missing something or is one of the new team owners in my league just bad at fantasy?

He picked up Marvin Jones from Cincy...Jones hasn't played a snap. Didn't practice today. Would be #3 on the depth chart behind Green and Sanu even if he was fully healthy. The team is trying to run more. And has an elite TE.

Fully healthy this guy would be lucky to see 4 targets a week. Granted they will be redzone targets (he did have 10 TDs last season) but still...

On top of that...I think Sanu is available. I know I dropped him once Green was healthy...

Seriously...am I missing something?

Jones had a decent season last year I believe, but you're right, he doesn't sound all there. He's out for at least another week I believe because I think he hurt his ankle again.

I'm trying to trade for Gronk. I think he is getting healthy and could be a beast down the stretch. The guy also has Martellus Bennett but I don't think he will trade him. He's pretty much been the top TE this season.

I started off by offering Decker, which I think is a fair 1v1, and tried to tip it in my favor a little more by putting Zach Ertz in on my side and asking for Lacy. Hopefully he responds. The last trade I tried, the owner never responded.

Double post but I would like quick input if possible.

So the guy rejected my trade for Gronk without any communication but then posted an update on the trading block setting Gronk, Lacy, Lamar Miller, Forsett and someone else as available. Listing WR as what he needs.

So...is offering Randall Cobb and Eric Decker to much for Gronk and Lacy...yahoo is evaluating it as me coming out ahead but...I'm depending a lot on Gronk staying healthy.

Terrible coaching ESM.

Nothing they are doing resembles the team that played weeks 1-4. Why change your offense so completely? Other than 1 drive and 1 play the defense has been good.

Edit: yeah nevermind. The defense looked worse in the 2nd half...until Green Bay put in the backups.

Edited by bigbear.

Terrible coaching ESM.

Nothing they are doing resembles the team that played weeks 1-4. Why change your offense so completely? Other than 1 drive and 1 play the defense has been good.

Edit: yeah nevermind. The defense looked worse in the 2nd half...until Green Bay put in the backups.

I don't know what's going on anymore.

Double post but I would like quick input if possible.

So the guy rejected my trade for Gronk without any communication but then posted an update on the trading block setting Gronk, Lacy, Lamar Miller, Forsett and someone else as available. Listing WR as what he needs.

So...is offering Randall Cobb and Eric Decker to much for Gronk and Lacy...yahoo is evaluating it as me coming out ahead but...I'm depending a lot on Gronk staying healthy.

Hard to say. Lacy hasn't been all that impressive up until last night and Gronk is on a struggling Patriots team right now. Sure, Decker only has Geno Smith throwing to him, but Cobb has been killing it so far this season. It's just so hard to rely on Gronk since he is so injury prone (I got him in like the 5th or 6th round in one of my leagues).

Who is/are your current RB(s) and TE(s)?

Hard to say. Lacy hasn't been all that impressive up until last night and Gronk is on a struggling Patriots team right now. Sure, Decker only has Geno Smith throwing to him, but Cobb has been killing it so far this season. It's just so hard to rely on Gronk since he is so injury prone (I got him in like the 5th or 6th round in one of my leagues).

Who is/are your current RB(s) and TE(s)?

I decided I value Cobb to much. I have Zach Ertz and Jared Cook at TE so its really my only weak position. I think I can live with that.