Word of warning. Important game breaker

ponypo2001

Sadly, I can no longer complete this great steaming pile of turd as my save has corrupted. If your game crashes while loading up a new chapter, you are probably screwed. I've tried loading from the disc, from install, on 3 different xboxes, the works, and I cannot progress now as the game will not load Chapt 4 mission 4.

With the multitude of other bugs I experienced in this game, I really do recommend avoiding it or at the very least, back your save up all the time. I now have to sit with this stinking turkey on my gamercard completely unfinished and that really pisses me off :mad:

Hope nobody else runs into this problem.

Have you tried playing another game for a few hours? Some sandbox/open world game (Oblivion, GTA 4) would do it. There was another game which had a similar problem, and playing another game would overwrite what was in the cache. It's probably a bit of a long shot, but might be worth trying.

Tried that. Like I said mate, I've tried it on 3 different boxes and no go. I even tried multiplayer but it won't load. I'm going to try and contact the makers, if only to give them a bollocking as this has happened to two people now and I spent £40 on this POS.

Tried that. Like I said mate, I've tried it on 3 different boxes and no go. I even tried multiplayer but it won't load. I'm going to try and contact the makers, if only to give them a bollocking as this has happened to two people now and I spent £40 on this POS.

Ah, sorry about that. Must've skimmed over that line.

I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions. I didn't encounter this on either of my run throughs of the game. Unfortunate that it happened :/

i hosted an online co-op game, and it loaded straight away and was able to go on and complete the game, now ive started in nightmare mode, only need that and 100 combo for 100% trying to get it on 2.6 is really tough!

Ah that's good to know. Were you able to start the game without another player present or did you need to find someone else to help in order to start the game? If you can start the game on your own, I may give this another go.

CRAP! Im haivng the same problem, game wont load level 4-2 no matter what I do - and my game never crashed until I tried to load that level.

Tried local co-op but same thing, and I cant get an online game. This is very, very annoying!

I also went through the standard list of fixes like install, clear cache, play on old xbox. NOTHING WORKS.

This game sold so badly it will probably never be fixed too. :( :( :(

Oh any BTW Pony, what do you mean your saved game is corrupt? Did you only have the option of starting a new game? ITs just that I can replay previous levels just not 4-2 so I dont think my save is corrupted just the game is broken.

Edited by The Dauntless

CRAP! Im haivng the same problem, game wont load level 4-2 no matter what I do - and my game never crashed until I tried to load that level.

Tried local co-op but same thing, and I cant get an online game. This is very, very annoying!

I also went through the standard list of fixes like install, clear cache, play on old xbox. NOTHING WORKS.

This game sold so badly it will probably never be fixed too. :( :( :(

Oh any BTW Pony, what do you mean your saved game is corrupt? Did you only have the option of starting a new game? ITs just that I can replay previous levels just not 4-2 so I dont think my save is corrupted just the game is broken.

Christ, so it's hit another player. By corrupt I mean the save is borked so it won't load that level. It's not a visible corruption per se, but from my knowledge of how these things work, it's corrupted a part of the save hence why it won't load.

This really is unacceptable that this happens. I've pondered getting in touch with the makers of the game but I think I'd be pissing in the wind. Guess I just have to hope I can get most of my £40 back cause I can't get a refund :(

Well I decided to email then. They have an address in the manual and say they will get back to you within 1-2 days so we shall see.

I am getting really sick of games not working, just in the last 2 weeks this game, FIFA 12 and Fun Labs WONT WORK (I cant even get the latter 2 to load the main menu).

Sigh!

Well I decided to email then. They have an address in the manual and say they will get back to you within 1-2 days so we shall see.

I am getting really sick of games not working, just in the last 2 weeks this game, FIFA 12 and Fun Labs WONT WORK (I cant even get the latter 2 to load the main menu).

Sigh!

Yep, it's getting absolutely ridiculous how broken some games are shipping now. I'll dig out that email address and also mail them. That'll be two people reporting the same issue so that should help a little. Let me know if you hear anything and I'll do likewise.

its basicly what i thought before, the glitch in the game is that it tries to to load too much at one time and causes a freeze, has nothing to do with a saved game. i waited around in a lobby and when someone joined me, i loaded it up, having the power of 2 consoles loading the level seemed to push it through over the network with no problem.

still cant get 100 combo, is this easier to get in co-op mode does any1 know??

ive rented this on ps3 - and im going to guess this issue wont rear its ugly head to to the size of the disc being bigger?

will say that it still has freexing issues though - indeed it froze my ps3 right at the start of the game when you run from death, but it happened only once and it was fine after for all of chapter 1. just going to do chapter 2 now.

Just dropped them an email. The address in the instruction book is wrong and bounces back. This one below is correct. Anyone else who has or has had this problem, please drop support a line. I doubt we'll see a fix but it's fucking principal for me now.

http://dtp-entertainment.com/en/corporate/corporate-center/contact/index.php

I'll post again if I hear back but I'm not hopeful.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I have had no reply so I just sent an email to everyone of the addresses on their website and I sent some in German too.

Just gotta keep waiting I guess, I am really annoyed abput this cos I cant continue the game!!!

Yeah, I had no reply either. Thankfully, I traded the piece of crap in and got most of my money back. Really unforgivable that they can get away with this shit though.

Think the game is out in the USA this week so let's see if the American gamers have the same problem.

Today I got a response - of sorts...

"Sehr geehrte Kundin,

Sehr geehrter Kunde,

We\'ve directed it to the developer continues

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Patrick Schoenen

SoftBay GmbH"

So I guess asking in German got them to at least reply even though they are not really saying much...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i reckon it loads 4.2 or later in coop cos its not loading the Spaniards AI routines (less demand for the ram and cpu) (i think) now we just need access to the source code and we can start reprogramming and re-debugging this annoying piece of abandonware for them!!! harhateeharaha!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just been reading all the messages on this thread.. iv got the game and am currently doing it in co-op local with friend.. but i really dont want this to happen to me cause im quite big on 100% my games. i havent got to 4.2 yet but if anyone wants help for trying it online then add my Gamertag: Sgt Scuzz and i swear i'll do my best to help cause id rather not have this happen..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...