Achievement Discussion

KAPiNG

w.r.t. the Forza Faithful achievement, I thought that MS' original achievement rulings were that no achievement from the original 1000G could relate to another game, i.e. it must be possible to get 1000G using only that one game; no DLC, no other games.

Regarding the Kinect achievements, I agree its a bit poor that it necessitates the purchase of a Kinect, but I think people are throwing the toys out of the pram a bit much when they say they wont buy Forza because of that.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1751/UPhzAjA=.jpgLook Ma, No Controller!5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngUse Kinect to drive any car in Free Play.

I dont have Kinect, If I want to play motion sensor I would of not sold the Wii for 50$ I won once.

Anyone dissapointed? I know its no big deal but to me that is stupid because No one IMO uses kienct.. Il probly wont get 995 but I will surely try.

Anyone else is in the same boat as me?

Whole list can be found HERE.

Speak for yourself. I have kinect and i use it alot. When i have girls over tehy love playing the dance games and i enjoy it too. I hate when people rage over something stupid and assume they speak for everyone.

anyone had the "car explorer" chieve pop? ive been all over the 458 and AM177 and done both challenges and nothing has popped

The way I did it on the 458 was examine every possible thing, open & close doors/hatches/hoods, win the challenge race, and then I just shut the hatch again on the 458 and it unlocked.

The way I did it on the 458 was examine every possible thing, open & close doors/hatches/hoods, win the challenge race, and then I just shut the hatch again on the 458 and it unlocked.

i think i forgot to close stuff and turn the car off. ill try it again when i get home

Wait...i'm confused. Do we now play games for the fun of them or just for the meaningless achievement points? We played Super Mario Bros. and Halo: Combat Evolved because they were fun, we didn't give a crap if we got five points for jumping on a turtle head or sniping a grunt. I think as a gaming communtiy we lost sight of really matters in a good game...the amount of fun we have playing it.

what are unicorn cars?

In Forza Motorsport, unicorns are unique cars that cannot be bought in the career’s “Buy Car” area. They can only be added to your career garage (and thus upgraded and customized) through the Auction House or as gifts from the Community team. These cars cannot be driven from the common garage that is found in “Quick Race,” “Free Play,” “Split Screen” and “Multiplayer.” They are called unicorns because they are exceedingly rare (it’s a somewhat common video game design term for rare or random items).

In Forza Motorsport, unicorns are unique cars that cannot be bought in the career’s “Buy Car” area. They can only be added to your career garage (and thus upgraded and customized) through the Auction House or as gifts from the Community team. These cars cannot be driven from the common garage that is found in “Quick Race,” “Free Play,” “Split Screen” and “Multiplayer.” They are called unicorns because they are exceedingly rare (it’s a somewhat common video game design term for rare or random items).

o ok. cool thanks. i kept hearing that term and was wondering what they were when the ach list came out. and couldnt figure it out when i started playing the game

I think Microsoft is crazy, how can I get 1000G. I dosen't have one kinect, and none of my friends have bought it. Because of this achievement, I will only wait for the second hand.

Microsoft simply wants people to buy a kinect, that is why they have it say "BETTER WITH KINECT" on the cover of the game. They know from showing this game at E3, that people will go out and buy a kinect, but also because there's a bigger title coming out next year called "KINECT STAR WARS" Simply if you don't have one or can't afford one ask for one for Christmas, or your birthday. Btw I hope everyone knows but the Fall Dashboard update is supposed to be all about kinect.

Thank you, Forza 4, you have just turned away one of your potential customer, me, because of this super stupid achievement.

Look Forza 4, No money for you from me

Oh noooo and they wanted you to buy the game the most. Noo now they'll never make another game because YOU didn't buy it lol gemme a break I'm sure they can survive without a crybabies money..

I think the ach list is great!

exept there are 3 cheevos that cut down the great part

Kinect - i think this is crap, i own a kinect but im talking about they who dont, if they want 1000 they have to pay microsoft many dollars just for that

unicorn - oh my, really? those are rare as fuck and thousands will be bidding for them

Forza 3 - i own forza 3, but i think its lame that those who dont have it miss out on this one

Great list, but those 3 make it a 7/10 list

I think the ach list is great!

exept there are 3 cheevos that cut down the great part

Kinect - i think this is crap, i own a kinect but im talking about they who dont, if they want 1000 they have to pay microsoft many dollars just for that

unicorn - oh my, really? those are rare as fuck and thousands will be bidding for them

Forza 3 - i own forza 3, but i think its lame that those who dont have it miss out on this one

Great list, but those 3 make it a 7/10 list

kinect- all you have to do is start the race and the ach pops

unicorn- sure 1000's are bidding now, the game just came out, wait a few months when the game dies down a bit and it will be easier to get one

forza 3- you can pick that game up for a mere $10-15 now, and i believe there is a trick to getting the ach if you dont have the game

Wait...i'm confused. Do we now play games for the fun of them or just for the meaningless achievement points? We played Super Mario Bros. and Halo: Combat Evolved because they were fun, we didn't give a crap if we got five points for jumping on a turtle head or sniping a grunt. I think as a gaming communtiy we lost sight of really matters in a good game...the amount of fun we have playing it.

I think Microsoft is crazy, how can I get 1000G. I dosen't have one kinect, and none of my friends have bought it. Because of this achievement, I will only wait for the second hand.

How appropriate these two comments showed up next to each other. I agree with the The Reaper, though. Video games are entertainment, always have been. The points are worthless, bragging rights only. I do try to 1000GS most games I get so I can know that I've fully explored everything I can - but if I can't get them all, oh well.

What really annoys me about all of the complaining is the sense of entitlement people have, like they are owed 1000GS on every game. Should we all complain because we can't get 1000GS in Guitar Hero or Rock Band unless we buy the instruments? Hell, why not complain that you actually have to buy a 360 to get any of the points for a game you bought?

I realize that this site is about getting achievements, and helping others do the same. To that end, I accept that people will get upset and rant here because in their opinion something sucks. But if you're going to deny yourself the fun of playing an amazing racing game over a minor achievement that you don't like, please don't ever call yourself a gamer, because you're not. I think the proper term would be more like 'achievement whore.'

Just my $0.02 . . . feel free to provide to provide change.

Edited by JKSullivan