Expansion pack and 1st DLC car pack details announced

DarthWellington

The expansion pack is going to be:

Rally Racing

Not a huge amount of detail there, but the general idea is detailed. More surfaces to race on (snow maybe?) and rally tuned cars.

The first DLC car pack includes:

2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione

2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged

2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302

2012 Lamborghini Aventador J

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air

The Bel Air seems like a really weird include given the route they seem to have gone with taking out slower classes of car, I'm kind of meh on the car pack in general, but I'm all over the expansion pack. Given the direction the Dirt series has taken, hopefully it'll be more like Euro rally racing than that series is at this point.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also revealed the first(?) unicorn car:

Saleen S5S Raptor

This particular one can be achieved by playing in the first week after launch.

Other unicorns seem to be gifted the usual way, too...

Link to the news:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Rally_Expansion_Announce/

(The 599XX Evo looks BADASS! oO)

Oh, actually found a unicorn list:

2001 BMW Z8

1969 Ferrari 246 Dino GT

2009 Ford Fiesta ZETEC S

1991 Honda CR-X Si

1972 Lotus Elan Sprint

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Superlight

2012 Mini Coupe JCW

2010 Saleen S5S Raptor

Credit goes to: http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/threads/forza-horizon-unicorn-list.38709/

Edited by red_hammer

Any news on the price of the 1st pack?

Because if they do it for the same price as a 10 car pack on Forza 4 I will be properly pissed off.

It's in todays x360a news - it will be 400msp

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13168-Forza-Horizon-Getting-Rally-Pack-Expansion-This-December.html

I'm not being funny but it wasn't hard to spot mate

Check the official link I posted - the car packs will be 400 MSP.

The Season Pass is 4000! MSP for

5x 1 monthly Season Pass Reward Car

6x 400 MSP Car Packs

1600 MSP Rally-DLC

Except the 5 bonus cars for the Season Pass - where is the 15% discount actually? 6x 400=2400+1600=4000.. hmm!?

Does that mean you ARE getting the game?

Lol.

Kind of wondered what the 15% discount talk is about? More like 10% if you include the reward cars. But if the reward is considered a discount would it really be right to say "reward cars". Give me some ALMS cars to run down the road and tuning and I'm all over the season pass. Still sticking with my plan on holding off season pass for a bit to see how much I enjoy playing the game. But I imagine if you (a fellow R1, preferred driver) are as enthusiastic as you seem, Ill probably be getting it.

Check the official link I posted - the car packs will be 400 MSP.

6x 400 MSP Car Packs

1600 MSP Rally-DLC

Except the 5 bonus cars for the Season Pass - where is the 15% discount actually? 6x 400=2400+1600=4000.. hmm!?

From your link: "In addition to the Month 1 Car Pack, the six Monthly DLC Packs and the Rally Expansion Pack, Forza Horizon Season Pass owners will also receive five exclusive Season pass bonus cars,"

Season Pass is Bonus Cars, 7 car packs and the expansion. If we value the bonus cars as one car pack we come up with 4800 points total if bought individually, a savings of 17% over the cost of the individual packs.

Lol.

Kind of wondered what the 15% discount talk is about? More like 10% if you include the reward cars. But if the reward is considered a discount would it really be right to say "reward cars". Give me some ALMS cars to run down the road and tuning and I'm all over the season pass. Still sticking with my plan on holding off season pass for a bit to see how much I enjoy playing the game. But I imagine if you (a fellow R1, preferred driver) are as enthusiastic as you seem, Ill probably be getting it.

I will post the official calculation of the discount soon.

Here it is:

1. Expansion Pack: 1600 MSP

2. Launch Day Car pack (5 cars): 400 MSP

3. Exclusive Car Pack (5 cars): 400 MSP

3. Car Packs (6 cars) for Six Months: 400x6 = 2400 MSP

Total = 4800 MSP

Season Pass = 4000 MSP

you save 17%]

Edited by SatNiteEduardo

But I imagine if you (a fellow R1, preferred driver) are as enthusiastic as you seem, Ill probably be getting it.

I enjoy rivals mode of any kind and it is in Horizon.

I enjoy speed traps and speed zones - but R1s are needed for the speedtraps and I suspect we will not get many. The Gumpert can probably be upgraded to one but not sure if it will crack 270 but may be ok for the tighter speedtraps.

PSI sent a suggestion to Turn 10 / PG that R1 in Horizon should be renamed S1 as there is no R about it.

I will get season pass because I am a car collector in these games.

I do like a few of the cars in the launch pack so so far so good.

No doubt I'm getting the expansion but the first car pack doesn't impress so I'm gonna pass on that. I might buy the Boss 302 and Aventador J if they're available individually but i have no interest in the Gumpert and 599XX.

Not interested in the season pass.

Edited by SuperSkyline89

My dodgey math :D was based on 4400 not 4800. I didn't include the exclusive car pack (the "free" cars that if you include in the total apparently are not free IMO).

I do appreciate everyone's corrections though. I'll just agree to disagree as I did with the Forza 4 season pass. I wonder if we will get a Porsche pack in May? (it's rhetorical question). I don't blame them for making money, it's what it is.

My dodgey math :D was based on 4400 not 4800. I didn't include the exclusive car pack (the "free" cars that if you include in the total apparently are not free IMO).

I do appreciate everyone's corrections though. I'll just agree to disagree as I did with the Forza 4 season pass. I wonder if we will get a Porsche pack in May? (it's rhetorical question). I don't blame them for making money, it's what it is.

I didn't mean your dodgy math because I knew your argument. But there are mulitple figures being quoted both here and on the offcicial forum.

The 2 forums are blurring into one for me at the moment lol.

The way I see it is you get what you pay for. If you buy the season pass for 4,000 you get more cars than if you buy the dlc individually for 4,000...therefore there is an incentive provided you want the bonus cars and I want the first bonus car so they get my money.

Pervasive I am not trying to criticise your views - I spend my money and you spend yours.

I don't think it was a problem with anybodies math, but a problem with the way the information is being presented. People are seeing 6 monthly DLC Car Packs and forgetting that there is a seventh available day 1 so they aren't factoring that cost of that one in. It makes sense since FM4 only had 6 packs in the Season Pass. It's just worded funny on the website.

I don't think it was a problem with anybodies math, but a problem with the way the information is being presented. People are seeing 6 monthly DLC Car Packs and forgetting that there is a seventh available day 1 so they aren't factoring that cost of that one in. It makes sense since FM4 only had 6 packs in the Season Pass. It's just worded funny on the website.

Its actually the bonus cars 1 per month that most people leave out.

The launch pack should be taken out of the equation for LCE owners.

Its actually the bonus cars 1 per month that most people leave out.

It's not worth arguing over, so I'll agree to disagree on the basis that the ones here that I was responding to both exhibit what I was referring to. The official Forza forums may be different.

6x 400 MSP Car Packs

1600 MSP Rally-DLC

Kind of wondered what the 15% discount talk is about? More like 10% if you include the reward cars.

The only way Pervasive could get 10% while including the bonus cars is to leave out one of the car packs.

No big deal, either way.

Edited by TwistedFate

I didn't take offense. Just the opposite. I thought it was funny (haven't heard dodgey for 25ish years, last time I was in England).

I'd like to have the muira concept so like you will probably be buying it. The first pack as a few eye catchers. The information is given in a confusing manner. I've read it a couple times now. So there are 7 packs, plus 5 bonus cars. I did miss that the first time through. Thanks for helping me see that it makes it a bit better. (thanks TwistedFate)

Edited by PervasiveFall8

It's not worth arguing over, so I'll agree to disagree on the basis that the ones here that I was responding to both exhibit what I was referring to. The official Forza forums may be different.

The only way Pervasive could get 10% while including the bonus cars is to leave out one of the car packs.

No big deal, either way.

And then he wanted to leave out the bonus cars for zero discount which is what I was getting at.

All I can say is the atmosphere here is a lot calmer than the official forums lol

Over there people are smashing down Turn 10s doors either to get a copy of the game and dlc now or to take a baseball bat to whoever makes the decisions.

It's in todays x360a news - it will be 400msp

I'm not being funny but it wasn't hard to spot mate

I didn't read the news, my bad > <

Does that mean you ARE getting the game?

Nope.

My next point will give you another reason why:

Car packs are 20% pricier than in Forza 4.

10 cars for 560 = 56 / car

6 cars for 400 = 66,67 / car

I don't mind a slight increase to compensate whatever they try to pass as a reason, but a hidden 20% increase is out of the question for me.

The cons of this game far outweigh the pros for me:(

Ok so I have the LCE edtion ordered & you get the following.

Launch Day Car Pack (5-car pack*)

VIP Membership (5-car pack* and VIP privileges)

Horizon Accelerator Token Pack - Giving player instant access to new cars, map unlocks, fast travel, and popularity spikes.

Exclusive LCE Car Liveries (5-car pack*)

So if I buy the season pass iLl be out of pocket as the Launch pack is already in my LCE edtion & is the VIP stuff come with season pass aswell?

Ok so I have the LCE edtion ordered & you get the following.

Launch Day Car Pack (5-car pack*)

VIP Membership (5-car pack* and VIP privileges)

Horizon Accelerator Token Pack - Giving player instant access to new cars, map unlocks, fast travel, and popularity spikes.

Exclusive LCE Car Liveries (5-car pack*)

So if I buy the season pass iLl be out of pocket as the Launch pack is already in my LCE edtion & is the VIP stuff come with season pass aswell?

If you buy the LCE then the Season pass gives 4400 worth of content for 4000.

If you buy standard edition the season pass gives you 4800 worth of content for 4000.

So it is mathematically worth it for both groups.

And Jean Rob just for you I will clarify that where I say 4400 worth of content I am talking cost price not "value" lol

I should roll out my post from the official forums explaining dlc pricing based on costing theory since that is what I studied. In short in my opinion there is no way of justifying why a car in one game should cost the same as in another.

But at the end of the day the price is what it is and if its not worth it to you thats cool.