REALISTIC DLC Wishlist

Mad World

I know that there was a DLC Wishlist in the Rock Band forums, but since we have a new game, I figure some new musical tastes have been found by many people, myself included, so I think an updated list is in order.

By 'realistic,' I mean, not impossible, obviously. Artists that most likely will not have any future content in Rock Band are Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, and Van Halen, because of exclusivity with Guitar Hero. Prince is also unlikely. And, as always, Led Zeppelin is not going to happen.

Edit: After some 50 posts, I've come up with quite a wishlist, in order of appearance in this thread:

Queen, Guns N' Roses (Appetite For Destruction), Blue Oyster Cult, The Killers, The Police, Allman Brothers Band, Bad Company, Jethro Tull, Rush, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cream, Deep Purple, The Clash, David Bowie, Nirvana, The Guess Who, Soundgarden, Procol Harum, Derek and the Dominos, Radiohead, Simple Minds, Bob Seger, David Gilmour, MGMT, more southern rock in general, and the hits of GH2.

Edited by Mad World

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I no longer believe Tool is a farfetched idea. Like the Who "Best Of", I could see that being a good Tool DLC. Songs like Lateralus, Schism, Sober, Jimmy, Aenima, Vicarious, The Pot, and more. Gets me excited just thinking of that band. Also, they should revisit some GH2 songs. I'd love Free Bird again. And they had Atreyu, they had Maylene and The Sons Of Disaster, and Soilwork. I'd love ALL of those bands to be on here. What about Chevelle or Three Days Grace? All great bands with fast, slow, heavy, soft, technical, and simple songs. All great to jam to and fun to listen to. I would love to just import my iTunes library. I'd die at that point.

I completely agree with your ideas for the best of Queen pack, the Blue Oyster Cult track pack, and the Appetite for Destruction album.

I'd also love a Dire Straits track pack, the entire Hotel California album (I don't think the Eagles are GH exclusive), and some Scorpians tracks (other than Hurricane--I'm sick of songs repeated between franchises).

Oh, and I'd also love them to release my favorite Freezepop song, Do You Like My Wang? ;)

I'm hoping for some more System of a Down (Aerials, Sugar, Question, Prison Song, Hypnotize, and Vicinty of Obsenity would all be fun. The last one would be an awesome goof around song, and might turn out to be a lot of singer's favorite). Maybe Paradise City by GNR. More Dream Theater? Maybe Lacuna Coil and Linkin Park? Hmm, or some bands not yet released I'd really like in there like Seether/Cold/Rammstein (that last one is a HUGE wish of mine, which might be a Loooooooong time in coming...not giving up though!).

Also, they should revisit some GH2 songs. I'd love Free Bird again. I would love to just import my iTunes library. I'd die at that point.

that would be amazing if you could import iTunes. amazing, yet impossible. sad.

but i agree with the Free Bird thing 100% as well. i was going to list the song, but i wanted to stick with my "track pack" thing. i can't remember GH2 off the top of my head, but i know there was some good ones on there, like JESSICA, Sweet Child O' Mine, and Woman, off the top of my head...

Ah, the last 2 posts are great! Good SOAD, good Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory, mayyyybe Meteora), some of the early Nickelback, more Dream Theater (I'm thinkin' Never Enough, The Dark Eternal Night, shoot, all of Octivarium. The whole Redeemer CD by Seether, and for sure the Guns 'N' Roses Greatest Hits. November Rain, Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child Of Mine...gahhhh I wish I worked for Harmonix. And more of Afi's Sing the Sorrow, that was a fantastic CD. I want to stop but I can't, I just can't. I think we should all form a group and bombard Harmonix in song emails with the same songs, that way we can have a higher chance of getting them? They have an open suggestion area...what do you guys think?

Sorry, I know its supposed to be packs, I just wish too much. Good idea though MadWorld.

Ah, the last 2 posts are great! Good SOAD, good Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory, mayyyybe Meteora), some of the early Nickelback, more Dream Theater (I'm thinkin' Never Enough, The Dark Eternal Night, shoot, all of Octivarium. The whole Redeemer CD by Seether, and for sure the Guns 'N' Roses Greatest Hits. November Rain, Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child Of Mine...gahhhh I wish I worked for Harmonix. And more of Afi's Sing the Sorrow, that was a fantastic CD. I want to stop but I can't, I just can't. I think we should all form a group and bombard Harmonix in song emails with the same songs, that way we can have a higher chance of getting them? They have an open suggestion area...what do you guys think?

Sorry, I know its supposed to be packs, I just wish too much. Good idea though MadWorld.

Breaking the Habit would be amazingly fun, their only new song I like is What I've Done (which is coincidentally on GH4, yay!). Most of their songs on Hybrid Theory are fun to sing (of course), and to play. If they had an entire album by SOAD available for DL I'd do it in a heartbeat. Got Constant Motion from DT today, awesome song, I tend to play bass on Theater songs, just 'cause John Myung is that frickin awesome, and it's another great line. Still like Panic Attack's more though... More Foo Fighters would never be bad either! And thankfully we do know that they will release 'Colour and the Shape', which has Monkey Wrench! Remedy and Gasoline are good songs by Seether. Cold wrote the cover song for Psi Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy on the original Xbox (it's called With my Mind), Stupid Girl is a good song by them to. The lead sings reminds me a lot of Disturbed's lead singer toned down a little.

Paradise City is the song by GNR that I really want that they haven't already done. Dust and Bones is a good song by GNR as well. Hmm...all kinds of stuff are possible. More Nails is always good, maybe some Marilyn Manson? More Slipknot perhaps? Korn? Insane Clown Posse?....ok, just kidding with that last one.

I'm hoping for some more System of a Down (Aerials, Sugar, Question, Prison Song, Hypnotize, and Vicinty of Obsenity would all be fun. The last one would be an awesome goof around song, and might turn out to be a lot of singer's favorite). Maybe Paradise City by GNR. More Dream Theater? Maybe Lacuna Coil and Linkin Park? Hmm, or some bands not yet released I'd really like in there like Seether/Cold/Rammstein (that last one is a HUGE wish of mine, which might be a Loooooooong time in coming...not giving up though!).

I agree with System and Rammstein. But I really hope there isn't any Linkin Park.

I agree with System and Rammstein. But I really hope there isn't any Linkin Park.

Yeah, a lot of people don't like LP, and I have admitted myself numerous times that Chester's sound can grind at time. Other than that, some of their new songs (a vast majority actually...) seem quite canned and unoriginal. It's the first album and some of the second that I prefer.

Hmm, what song by Rammstein would you like (or pack of songs). The popular pick would definitely be Du Hast as a stand alone. But I'd say Mein Teil instead. Perhaps a pack of Engel, Sonne, and Zerstoren? So many options, they don't have too many songs that wouldn't be great for Rock Band (songs like Ein Lied/Fire Und Wasser/Ohne Dich wouldn't be that fun though...).

Yeah, a lot of people don't like LP, and I have admitted myself numerous times that Chester's sound can grind at time. Other than that, some of their new songs (a vast majority actually...) seem quite canned and unoriginal. It's the first album and some of the second that I prefer.

Hmm, what song by Rammstein would you like (or pack of songs). The popular pick would definitely be Du Hast as a stand alone. But I'd say Mein Teil instead. Perhaps a pack of Engel, Sonne, and Zerstoren? So many options, they don't have too many songs that wouldn't be great for Rock Band (songs like Ein Lied/Fire Und Wasser/Ohne Dich wouldn't be that fun though...).

I agree. Linkin Park went WAYYYY downhill after Meteora, but some of those songs are just...classics ya know? And Rammstein would be great. Du Hast is a must, and most of the songs from Mutter would be great.

On a different note, I think that guy from GH2, some may remember him, Brian Kahanek (he had Gemini) would be good on there. That song was instrumental, but it was a big favorite of mine. He has some good stuff. Sounds fun on the drums, and the guitar playing is great.

Certainly would love to see some tool...

and a little band called UFO! Michael Schenker ftw!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgY_w6M6Fnc]YouTube - Michael Schenker MSG Rock Bottom[/ame]

That video is actually the Micheal Schenker Group, but i want the UFO version from the live album "Strangers In The Night"

EDIT: The embedding is disabled for the video so it wont play here. You need to grab the link and go to it on youtube.

Edited by MadMartign
fixed

"I Am The Black Wizards" Emperor

"The Voices" Enslaved

^Part of the Norwegian Black Metal Pack

Black Label by Lamb of God

Beautiful Mourning by Machine Head

Edited by Phil709
I had to point something out to limit confusion

I agree. Linkin Park went WAYYYY downhill after Meteora, but some of those songs are just...classics ya know? And Rammstein would be great. Du Hast is a must, and most of the songs from Mutter would be great.

On a different note, I think that guy from GH2, some may remember him, Brian Kahanek (he had Gemini) would be good on there. That song was instrumental, but it was a big favorite of mine. He has some good stuff. Sounds fun on the drums, and the guitar playing is great.

Yeah, they really did. Numb might be fun to play, maybe Faint. I'd still stick with Breaking the Habit though, or maybe Somewhere I Belong. I'd be willing to bet that keyboard part on Du Hast would be played on Guitar, much akin to the intro to TtFaF. Adios' solo would be altogether epic, as would Links 2, 3, 4's solo. Feuer Frei's solo would be like one note, but you'd have to play it QUICKLY. Moskau would be fun to sing, and Keine Lust would be fun as well.

Your mentioning of instrumentals reminded me of something no-one I've seen has brought up yet....Buckethead anyone?!!! Most of his songs would be quite epic on RB.

Yeah, they really did. Numb might be fun to play, maybe Faint. I'd still stick with Breaking the Habit though, or maybe Somewhere I Belong. I'd be willing to bet that keyboard part on Du Hast would be played on Guitar, much akin to the intro to TtFaF. Adios' solo would be altogether epic, as would Links 2, 3, 4's solo. Feuer Frei's solo would be like one note, but you'd have to play it QUICKLY. Moskau would be fun to sing, and Keine Lust would be fun as well.

Your mentioning of instrumentals reminded me of something no-one I've seen has brought up yet....Buckethead anyone?!!! Most of his songs would be quite epic on RB.

Haha Jordan all over again. Even the song with Serj Tankian, We Are One. I saw someone say Lamb Of God, sign me up please.