ODST Helmet?

gig

Anyone know if the ODST helmet is going to be in Halo 4? Thats one of my favorite helmets since halo 3 and I hope they bring it back. Anyone know? The helmet in the Flag/Oddball assassinations trailer looks like it but not sure

Edited by gig

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=halo+4+helmets&hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&biw=1230&bih=680&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=yhZD3If-LToiDM:&imgrefurl=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx%3FpostID%3D73509713&docid=Ods2EaRe0RZ7gM&imgurl=http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/166/0/f/halo_4_based_helmets_by_giovannimicarelli-d53jy5a.png&w=1325&h=484&ei=6WyKUMP-I-HO0QGV4YDADg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=406&sig=106271053265653897111&page=1&tbnh=119&tbnw=276&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0,i:98&tx=97&ty=92

^I'm to lazy to format the picture correctly. Just click the link.

Edited by BiggD

^I'm to lazy to format the picture correctly. Just click the link.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/166/0/f/halo_4_based_helmets_by_giovannimicarelli-d53jy5a.png

Heres your picture, you gotta love the Bungie forum for comedy gold, I lol'd at the why has halo 4 got bionicles in it topic, heres a full helmet photo

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5433/halo4helms.jpg

Jesus Christ, they do look like Bionicles now that I think about it. Some look better than others, and some are downright hideous. Half of them don't even have visors, how does that make sense?

For a default helmet, Warrior looks really good. Rouge, Strider, EVA and Orbital all look the same & Aviator and Operator looks similar :mad: War Master kinda looks like ODST. Venator looks like something outta Dead Space.

Aviator, Fotus and Warrior are definitely my favorite, in that order.

Half of them don't even have visors, how does that make sense?

In terms of for the Visor color option they all have an element that counts as a visor. CIO and Tracker, the 3 dots change color. Wetwork, Engineer and Pathfinder have strips in the middle of the helmet of varying sizes that change, maybe Stalker as well, but I think that one goes off to the sides as well. Vanguard has a square dead center. Pretty sure Infiltrator's got a couple of eyes like EOD does. Gungir has a little dot off on the right side that changes color. The only one I'm seeing that might not have something is Locus.

As for how a helmet with no Visor would work, simple. External camera and internal display. Which frankly makes a bit more sense to me. One less vulnerable point on the armor. Harder to hit a small camera that could be anywhere on the thing than a largish piece of glass that they KNOW something important is right behind. :p

In terms of for the Visor color option they all have an element that counts as a visor. CIO and Tracker, the 3 dots change color. Wetwork, Engineer and Pathfinder have strips in the middle of the helmet of varying sizes that change, maybe Stalker as well, but I think that one goes off to the sides as well. Vanguard has a square dead center. Pretty sure Infiltrator's got a couple of eyes like EOD does. Gungir has a little dot off on the right side that changes color. The only one I'm seeing that might not have something is Locus.

As for how a helmet with no Visor would work, simple. External camera and internal display. Which frankly makes a bit more sense to me. One less vulnerable point on the armor. Harder to hit a small camera that could be anywhere on the thing than a largish piece of glass that they KNOW something important is right behind. :p

Gungir's design has always been kinda silly to me :p but I see what you mean about most of the others. However, for something like Venator - it looks like it'd be a little difficult to see through that visor lol. Your point makes sense, I wouldn't mind a visor-less helmet now that you mention it :p

Jesus Christ, they do look like Bionicles now that I think about it. Some look better than others, and some are downright hideous. Half of them don't even have visors, how does that make sense?

Remember my post a while back about shitty armor in Halo?

Venator and Pathfinder FTW and hopefully there'll be a chance to get Deadeye aside from Best Buy preorder, that one's sweet too.

Remember my post a while back about shitty armor in Halo?

Venator and Pathfinder FTW and hopefully there'll be a chance to get Deadeye aside from Best Buy preorder, that one's sweet too.

How could I forget! :p

Pathfinder does look pretty badass. I hope Venator becomes available like you said. I got the game and console from GameStop & Amazon respectively, so I missed my chance to get Best Buy's exclusives.

How could I forget! :p

Pathfinder does look pretty badass. I hope Venator becomes available like you said. I got the game and console from GameStop & Amazon respectively, so I missed my chance to get Best Buy's exclusives.

Yeah Best Buy definatley had the best shit this time. Had I known that before (information was damn near impossible to find) and I hadnt already pre-ordered my LE from Gamestop I probably woulda done it.

Yeah Best Buy definatley had the best shit this time. Had I known that before (information was damn near impossible to find) and I hadnt already pre-ordered my LE from Gamestop I probably woulda done it.

As would I, it sucks. But lets just hope it becomes available through Waypoint or something down the road!