Please no Ultimate Team achievements!

ScottCorno1987

I disagree with the game mode as it has become EA's cash cow, with people buying their way to success.

I don't understand how the mode has gained such popularity, with all of the players available in FIFAs other modes without cost.

UT = Easy money for EA, with people who simply burn MSP buying gold packs etc.

So I'm praying they don't give achievements for the mode, and if they do, it will be purely to attract the sales of packs of players etc.

I love Ultimate Tean too!Only one thing I hate u need to spend a lot of MSP - I agree Ultimate Team = easy money for EA SPORTS

and it's very hard to get players in packs like Messi, Ronaldo or Rooney.

They should make a lower price for packs, 240 MSP FOR ONE PACK IT'S TOO MUCH!

Better sell players for a special prices like KAKA = 400 MSP ROONEY = 800 MSP etc

Just my idea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm this is a difficult one to judge. on one hand i never got into ultimate team due to the fact there were no achievements and on the other the potential cost involved to progress to a high enough standard but i would play it if there was achievements even if i had to spend msp. i would rather not have to spend msp just so i can get a good enough team to unlock achievements so i hope ea cant find a good balance and not another reason to milk gamers for even more money.

• 2 weeks later...
The people spending MS points are generally kids anyway.

Yep. Kids who can't be bothered to trade and earn coins and take the easy way out. I know it would never happen, as EA would lose out financially, but I wish they'd remove the option to buy packs with MSP.

You can bet within days of FUT12 coming out, these kids will have bought umpteen packs with their dodgy 6K accounts, and will all have fantastic teams from the start.

For me, the whole point of FUT is building a team from scratch, gradually replacing your players with better ones, until you have the team you want. If I had unlimited cash right at the start, I'd get no enjoyment from FUT at all. Sometimes I can have a 3 hour session of just trading, without playing a single game.

I am no kid and i did buy packs with MS Points, purely because i didnt have enough time to play the games required to earn a decent amount of coins.

I havent played UT since FIFA 10 but i recall the coins earned after each game were miniscule compared to pack prices. So i could spend £1.20 or whatever and get a pack right away.

I got 10+ packs and trade 90% to get my coinage up in order to then be involved in some decent auctions.

I didnt play this years edition as that was the only way i could compete with the rest and frankly its a rip off. I shan't be involved in UT 12 if its the same format.

The achievement for buying X amount of packs one year was redonkulous.

I am no kid and i did buy packs with MS Points, purely because i didnt have enough time to play the games required to earn a decent amount of coins.

I have no problem with anyone buying the odd pack, on the offchance of getting an IF or TOTY player. What I DO have a problem with, is people buying pre-loaded accounts from dodgy Chinese websites for a fraction of the price the rest of us pay for MSP, and building great teams in no time.

A while back, I noticed a wave of bans for 'unauthorised account recovery' on OXF. I hope that was some of them getting their accounts banned, as I can't see MS being too pleased about losing money...

I bought Fifa09 UT and I thought that was really good because it was fairly easy to achieve a good team using trading techniques and making money etc. But fifa10 UT I did not buy as the achievements looked stupid and the UT itself looked similar to 09 version. I tried fifa11 UT as it was free to see if it had improved and I had a decent squad(premier league starters, but nothing special team) and first 5 game in every person had ronaldo, messi etc. Do hopefully there will not be achievements for fifa12 Ut as I can't be arsed grinding out to get them with sweaty kids buying their way to sucess.

By the way is fifa12 Ut free? because if it isnt I will not be buying.

I have no problem with anyone buying the odd pack, on the offchance of getting an IF or TOTY player. What I DO have a problem with, is people buying pre-loaded accounts from dodgy Chinese websites for a fraction of the price the rest of us pay for MSP, and building great teams in no time.

A while back, I noticed a wave of bans for 'unauthorised account recovery' on OXF. I hope that was some of them getting their accounts banned, as I can't see MS being too pleased about losing money...

I completely agree with everything you have put. How someone can get three million coins to spend on one player without something dody going on is beyond me.

You only having to spend 10 minutes or so on the auction thingy to see that bs is happening. Loads of the same player all being sold for the same price by the same team whos only been playing UT since April11 smacks of cheating.

On Fifa 11 I got an IF Van Der Vaart that I sold for 172k. With that money I bought practically the Inter team (dont know why). I then had a fairly decent team. I then played a few 5* tournament games and was coming up agianst teams with 7-8 of the worlds best players that were all IF. It was a joke. I then went back to using my Sheff Wed team and dished out a few hidings in the 2* tourny.

But you get my point. If you dont cheat, or spend hundreds of pounds on UT you have no chance.

I think to curb the cheats you should only be able to have one of the same card in your trade pile. That would help a bit.

Edited by Morbido

• 3 weeks later...

Those claiming that Ultimate Team is unfair really should start playing the games against the players with 'impossible' teams and giving them the hiding they deserve. I love playing online against players with a much better team (on paper) than me - I get a great sense of achievement if I beat them. What you'll find to be the case, more often than not, is that most of the players with lots of unrealistic in-form's are dire.

As for Ultimate Team achievements, I'd like to see them implemented within FIFA 12. Either that or the games played in UT should count toward some achievements. Personally, I prefer the game-play in Ultimate Team as it seems quicker than any other game mode.

I think having a team of low rated players that i've heard of (playing in league 2 for example) and then buying a much better player (from the championship for example) and putting him in the team is so much more fun than just wasting money getting the best players. Gets way too boring.

• 2 weeks later...