Achievement Guide

killlah631

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I have a tip for blocks.

First, make sure you have the sliders all up for you and all down for the CPU as is suggested for achievements for the guide.

Second, tweak the AI tendencies to be shoot inside 100 and then 0 for medium and 3pt ranges. Also, move attack the basket up to 100.

Third, tweak the human tendencies high for contesting shots and turn off goaltending and the shooting foul sliders.

Fourth, whenever you're on defense just take control of the point guard and just run him to the other side of the court. This will cause the AI pg to drive a lot and with all the tendencies set to shoot inside a lot and attack the basket, your guys will get a lot of chances for blocks.

I was able to get every single achievement for the players (LeBron, Kobe, Yao, etc, etc) in one game with the sliders all set and 12 minute quarters, including the 5 blocks each for guys like Howard and Yao Ming.

I just want to say thank you for this method it worked like a charm:), and for those that don't have someone to play the 2nd controller you should definately follow this method :)

I tried the same method and it worked also when my friend was doing his, but I find it real easy using 2 controllers in this game by yourself. You just press shoot and then press the block button a little less than a second after you hold the shoot button. After you get the timing and positioning down you will get a block every single time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah but I don't think it is the achievements as much as the screwy servers...Happens all the time with all 2K online servers, took me and my GSL teammate a couple days to get the 30 games played in NHL 2K8 because sometimes they just decide not to count, this happened to me in NBA 2K7 as well, so I'm assuming the servers were just being screwy for some reason at that time, give it another whirl some time and hopefully it will be fine.

So I just found out the hard way that you can't trade all the players to one team and try to get the achievements, because I would have had like 6 of them in one game... what a waste of time!

Talking about the player achievements? Use the East all-star team for one game and then the West all-star team for another game and set the quarter length up to max and you should be able to bang out all of them in just those two games. Sub out the players that get their achievement stats for the next guy you need and keep checking the stats screen frequently. Then theres one dude who isnt on either of those all-star teams so you have to use his actual team but you could set the quarter length to like a min or two for that game. I dont remember exactly who the one guy is, I'm almost positive that its Chris Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/vG/bi/04CLiGJhbC9HFQUbXVdRFzBDL2FjaC8wLzMAAAAA5+fn-M1mpw==.jpg15 Steals - 20 points

Record 15 steals or more with any team.

Really simple, press X while on defense to steal, and with sliders adjusted you will get a steal 75% of the time. This is a team achievement.

- a hint for all, turn off Intentional Foul, and keep intentional fouling the player who has the ball on the other team and they would drop the ball 75% of the time, grab the ball, and easy points/steals

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Great guide it helped me loads for the dunk off I found that once you've won it don't press anything and kobe came out every time and then to beat him I used the dunks in this video [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=OHcDsDxMNes]YouTube - NBA 2K8 Slam Dunk Contest Easy Points[/ame]