Here's another question

tadpeters

I have a plan but I'm sure someone has tried it before me. I am doing the training things and upgrading my female every chance I can get, however...

When a tournament comes up, I'm playing it inch by inch in the fact that I am simulating it per each match in the tournament. If I end up losing the match, I exit to dashboard. If I end up winning, I let the game advance then I save and quit career. Do you think by doing this the entire way through it would unlock the #1, career points and the full career?

If someone has tried this before let me know before I start wasting my time. I read somewhere that you don't get the same amount of career points you would by actually playing the match if you simulate it. Were they talking about losing the tournament compared to winning? Because if I make sure I win everything my player is in, there shouldn't be any difference right?

I understand that it will probably take twice as long, but I really hate tennis and the only reason I got this was because my friend begged me to rent it and it's been a blemish on my games list ever since. I just want this done and gone.

I have the time and patience, I just don't have the willpower to play this.

I've just been going ahead with this method and I got runner-up in the first minor. I got tired of losing to the sim. The opponent was ranked 94 places above me.

Right now I'm trying to sim the victory of the second minor in the 1st year against somebody about 60 spots ahead of me but I beat someone even further away from me in the first round. Makes me wonder if this really is stroke of luck on the simming.

EDIT:

I just got done with the first season on this game. I didn't play a single game and simmed everything. I didn't win two tournaments at the beginning because I didn't know you could actually win. I am starting to think the simming is just like the football games, totally based on luck no matter how sucky you are compared to your opponent. Here are my stats after the first year.

Tournies Played: 8

Tournies Won: 6

World Ranking Jan 1st: 200th

World Ranking Dec 31st: 23rd

Progression: 177

RACE Finish: 28th

Bronze Stars: 30

Silver Stars: 15

Gold Stars: 0

Tourny Cash Earned: 630,000

Career Points Earned: 92

So.. is 92 points a pretty decent sized lump for the first year in career points, or is it very low compared to you that played every match? Can any of the experts hand out some advice?

PS: I'm using a female character and have my power and speed completely filled with bronze stars. My serve is also almost full. I'm starting to reinforce those with silver stars and trained a few other things like backhand just to get a few bronze stars in those as well.

Edited by tadpeters

Well, 92 points after the first season isn't bad. Looking at a couple of the other numbers posted in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4620

Specifically post number 24 which said he had only 37 points after the first season. I don't think it's required to win every single tournament, and you're probably going to have a hard time through seasons 2 and 3 before you get a lot of gold stars. I decided last night to just finish up my first career because I ended up with something like 270 points after the first 3 years, which is frustrating as hell. So, I think you should be ok.

Well I've been out but gave it a whack for a little while earlier. I ended up just losing the Aussie Open because I got tired of trying to sim it, but I won the Nippon Open and working on another Open right now. When there's not a tournament going down, I make sure to train and now I'm getting gold stars. If I don't get enough points I won't be upset as this was mostly just a trial method to see if I could get it.

I'll post again when I get to the end of season 2 and post my stats here.

I got to the point where I was ranked #6 and I just couldn't beat any of the major stars, so I kept that career and started working on another one. I started a similiar path but I used the first year to train completely until I ran out of cash.

I competed in a few tournaments but kept on training. I'm in season 3 and it says I only need 5 more bronze stars to earn. Does it give you silver stars once you've achieved all the bronze ones?

Nonetheless I've kept simming over and over again. I still can't beat one of the top 5 pro players legit and simming is worse. I can win minors and some majors without a problem though. Just depends if Venus, Sharapova, etc. are also in it then I just can't win it.

On my second career I am once again in the top 8 but just can't beat any of the real life pro people. My speed, power and serve are all bronzed-maxed out and halfway full with silver stars and some gold stars. The rest of my skills are pretty much balanced out. I just hope in the last two years I can actually start putting up a fight against the pros. I don't know how people beat them.

I guess I'll bust out the last two years and see what happens. I also found out that by winning special events you get TONS of stars. I didn't know this, or it may have been a one time thing. Again, not sure. I'm such a noob at this game.