This game sucks...

whomynextvictem

You people who have problems with multiplayer obviously dont have many friends because I have 6 friends with the game and its a laughing riot when we all play together. Knife kills, rpg, sticky, even a chain turrent or two, and a dino/bug pinning down an oppenent right when they are about to take you out only to get killed by an opportunistic you is very grattifying. Campaign could have been so much better, but the 4 player co-op makes up for it. There is definately room for improovement but thats what updates and downloadable content is all about. Oh, and all of you who rely on review trolls should seriously consider renting a game you arent sure about to see if you like it or not HANDS ON. Word of mouth is unreliable, just like people and their tastes in games.

You guys... I was once like you....

I LOVE this game.

When I first started playing, i hated it. THe campaign was hard and multiplayer blew. But I kept playing and I got GOOD. Whenever I play multiplayer I destroy the enemy teams and campaign is a breeze now. Whenever knife whores run at me I blast away there face with a expertly aimed shotty blast. Trust me, this is a crazy game, just stop suckin

Well, this is my first time ever playing turok, and I for one can see how many people would hate the game. But the game really has a lot of cool things to offer as well. The knife kills in campaign are amazing to watch, not so much the human ones, but the raptor ones are really cool... I wish there were a few more different ones though. The graphics are good and everything, but I hate how you slow down to a crawl if you are taking damage. Thats really dumb, like, if I'm running for cover and getting hit, its almost a sure-death. I also hate the flying bugs that shoot the green poison out at you, they don't make a lot of sense to me being in this game and are just really annoying rather than a fun and difficult challenge.

I haven't played multiplayer yet, but being the achievement whore that I am, I am disappointed with the choice to include so many online achievements. I will have to get on soon and find out if I like it or not though.

Oh, and I also like using the bow and pinning enemies to walls and the such, its a cool thing to see a lifeless body "standing" up against a wall.

yeah i agree this game blows ..... The single player was way easy and the multiplayer sucks :ass soooo bad because of the lag, 90% of the games you get into are unplayable.The search function is one of the worst iv ever seen in a game and I really wish i hadnt traded in the 3 games for it. I highly doubt the patch that is coming will fix it very much.To those that say the game is excellent blah blah ,im guessing you get host on most of your games or the host is close and havent had many laggy games at all.90% of the games im in have that network connection icon flashing up on the top of the screen in almost every game and makes trying to get a win or achievements terrible:rant:

right i played this game last night for the first time and 20 mins into it i thort what a load of dump the ai team mate kept saying the same thing over 4 times - (IF YOU FALL BEHIND YOU WILL BE LEFT BEHIND) that bugged me the graphics are a bit crap in places i also killed a guy and he just fell through the ground. apart from all that it did start to get interesting and the multiplayer is not to bad.:uzi::uzi::uzi:

I think it's a good game. I think it's definitely a hard game. I'm playing it on hard right now, and some of the battles are very difficult (I'm on Mother Superior). Having to watch for both dinos and enemy soldiers is hair-raising. (I can't speak to MP because my internet is down right now)

The first battle with snipers was really difficult (don't know if there are more than one, I haven't finished it yet). Their aim is evil and the gun is really powerful. One hit can kill you. It does make a difference whether you try to take the compound from the left or right. I got my butt handed to me every time I ran to the left. When I went right it went much better.

The friendly ai dialogue can be annoying, as someone pointed out, for it's repetitiveness as well as for the cheesy foreign accents. The knife kill animation on the dinos sometimes fails to activate resulting in getting killed. That can be a major pain in the neck, but is ignorable since it doesn't happen that often.

The bow and arrow exceeds the Torque Bow in GOW in my opinion, especially once you get the exploding arrows. It's significantly easier to use than the Torque Bow.

I think it deserved a higher rating than the 7.0 Game Informer gave it. Probably an 8, but no more than 8.25. That would probably be too generous. If you're uncertain about buying it wait a month or two and buy it used. I don't think it's going to stay at $55 for long since the reviews are somewhat mixed.

i pretty much agree - just trying the game out - and got it for 3 days - im just a few mishes into it and it seems to be completely terrible so far - the whole RT prompt is unresponsive, im standing next to a dino unnoticed and i cant do anything -same as soldiers - but i have alot of grips with this game, - i do miss the old turok style of game- havent tried mp yet not that i expect too much from it -

i plan on boosting tomorrow to get as many achievs out of this steaming pile before i move on to a better game

I second gog calling this game a steaming pile, the campaign is horrible and I was unfortunate enough to try the multiplayer last night. ** Note, anyone who complains about lag regularly in multiplayer games, please dont play this game as nobody wants to hear about it, seriously**

Thank god for Gamefly when games like this come out.................