Some Achievements Carry Over From WP7

Buckswana

Just thought some people would be interested to know that some of the harder to get achievements will pop automatically if you've already earned them on the phone version of this game. It uses the same server, so you're actually playing against people who are playing on their phone while playing this. Any achievements that are "server-side" will pop when you first play the game. These include the "World Champ" for being in the top 250 of a leaderboard and "Win The Hour" achievements, which most people find to be the most difficult ones to obtain. One popped for me at the end of the first game I played, the other at the end of the second. You may have to do it in the language you obtained the achievement in previously on the phone for it to pop. The other one I got was "10 in 10" for being in the top 10 ten times; I only had to do it once for it to pop. Everything else you will have to do again; Theme Master, Digram Master, place 1st, etc.

Shame that this is windows 8. By the time i decided to go 8...i will be too far behind to make an attempt. I will have to settle for the 200/200 from the phone

I think you misunderstood. If you have these achievements on the WP7, they'll pop in the Win8 version (or WP8). Only the server side achievements I listed above, but they're the hardest ones to get.

So Buckswana, when you got the leaderboard achievements in this version, were you still in the top 250 of the leaderboard as you were/are on the WP version?

I don't have Win 8, but am considering it. It would be nice if I didn't have to climb the leaderboards again if I choose to play this game.

No, I wasn't even close to the top 250 by the time I did it in the Win8 version. You just have to play a game in the language you popped each achievement in before. I got the leaderboard one in English, and Top of the Hour in NED on the WP7. So the first game I played on the Win8 version in English the leaderboard one popped, the next game I played in NED and the Top of the Hour popped. Same goes for the 10 in 10; just get 1 top 10 in the room you got the achievement in (ESP for me). The rest you'll have to do over, but they're all pretty easy by comparison.

I would've thought Win the Hour would require you to get it again, not that I'm complaining of course. Only managed to pull it off once while grinding for Top 250. So the achievements actually work now in the Windows 8 Preview? If so, time to re-install it then...

I would've thought Win the Hour would require you to get it again, not that I'm complaining of course. Only managed to pull it off once while grinding for Top 250. So the achievements actually work now in the Windows 8 Preview? If so, time to re-install it then...

Yes achievements work on Windows 8 Preview

The achievements work, but you have to have the right version. They had 2 different versions available for trial; Enterprise and Producer. Only one of them had access to the store and downloads (sorry, don't remember which).

• 2 weeks later...

Was kinda lazy to set it up but I realized that I was slipping from the Top 250. Not sure if it's because I was using an older version of W8, but I'll try installing the current version. Hopefully it'll work because getting Top 250 is no joke. :/

Edit// Still not working. :(

Edited by phazer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
i unlocked the champ achievement on the phone with the swedish language i played 5 games on Win8 Pro retail with the same language and the achievement didn't pop up

I 200 this game 2 days ago on my WP, when installed it on my PC it unlocked win the hour and top 250 achievements just by checking leaderboards ;)

though I played in portuguese since it's my language :)

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, but my average rank on the swedish board changed between when i installed Win8 Pro + the game and when i unlocked the achievement on the phone. Between the 2, at least 1-2 months have passed. I am not at rank 250 anymore, but 629. The score is correct, I have above 85,000 points.

I 200 this game 2 days ago on my WP, when installed it on my PC it unlocked win the hour and top 250 achievements just by checking leaderboards ;)

though I played in portuguese since it's my language :)

• 3 months later...
Just thought some people would be interested to know that some of the harder to get achievements will pop automatically if you've already earned them on the phone version of this game. It uses the same server, so you're actually playing against people who are playing on their phone while playing this. Any achievements that are "server-side" will pop when you first play the game. These include the "World Champ" for being in the top 250 of a leaderboard and "Win The Hour" achievements, which most people find to be the most difficult ones to obtain. One popped for me at the end of the first game I played, the other at the end of the second. You may have to do it in the language you obtained the achievement in previously on the phone for it to pop. The other one I got was "10 in 10" for being in the top 10 ten times; I only had to do it once for it to pop. Everything else you will have to do again; Theme Master, Digram Master, place 1st, etc.

Sounds good, now I just have to find a W8 PC to do this on :p. Got 200 on WP and I've played it a lot so I find the theme words quite easy most of the time and I can get the digram words quite often also if there aren't too many of them.