Fastest way to rank up in ghost mode!!!!!

Metalclear

Hi guys, theres been a lot of confusion about this. So after experimenting a bit, heres my method.

-Play on easy and set fights to one round (dah)

-Always play with only one character, the one ur attemping to rank up, after all u only need one to get to tekken master and in my opinion fights r easier this way.

-Dont be afraid to quit. Thats right. If ur loosing, dont be afraid to hit start and get back to character select. This wont affect your record at all. This is also why is important to go solo. Is better to quit, than get KO hitting the tag button like a jerk while getting beat up.

-Now, the most important thing, and this is totally confirmed. The only fights that help u rank u up r ONLY THE ONES THAT ARE AGAINST OPPONENTS OF YOUR SAME LEVEL. Or againt teams with an opponent of your same level, even if u dont KO him/her directly, still counts. Any other fight against characters that arent in your same rank, is a waste of time.

So heres what i did.

-Go solo

-Try a few times until i get a fight with a character my same rank, if not, quit (sometimes theres no way this happens, so just finish that fight)

-After KO your opponents, choose for the next fight a team with a character with YOUR SAME RANK, as explained before. If there none, just hit exit and try again.

Thats pretty much it. Im still at about 22 dan, and sometimes after 10/15 fights, nothing. With this method, after about 5 fights (maybe therell be more at higher ranks, not sure) with ONLY characters of my same rank, got a promotion fight.

Any questions or if im mistaken in some way, just lemme know. Hope this help you

Good night, good fight :Bounce:

This guide is either slightly wrong, or I'm glitched on my game, then (either is likely with namco.) I always use Dragunov+Jun, and I have had multiple rank up fights that were for both of them and they are Grand Master and Berserker, respectively, on fights where I was only fighting one character. That shouldn't happen because a person can't have 2 ranks.

Well, if u have, say a 20 dan character, and the other at beginner, the low one will be promoted almost in every fight. Even u might be right. The guide isnt 100% accurate. today i had a promotion fight with a character one level over me. Yet i quit, and the next fight wasnt promotional caus the enemy was two dans over me. And is not caus i quit, ive done it before and when i get bacj is still a promotional fight.

I know im on the right track, yet theres something else im missing. any ideas?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure you can rank up fighting characters that are below your level. I say this because I am sure I did earlier this evening when I was playing. Okay, I reckon the 'exp' awarded for fighting lower ranked ghosts is lower than fighting equal or higher ranked ghosts, but it still seems to count.

Also, does losing a fight damage your standing? Can you be demoted? I'm currently standing at about 105/4 win/loss.

I'm pretty sure you can rank up fighting characters that are below your level. I say this because I am sure I did earlier this evening when I was playing. Okay, I reckon the 'exp' awarded for fighting lower ranked ghosts is lower than fighting equal or higher ranked ghosts, but it still seems to count.

Also, does losing a fight damage your standing? Can you be demoted? I'm currently standing at about 105/4 win/loss.

Yes you can rank up from lower ranks but it is least likely depending on how higher rank you are. Yes you can be demoted in Single Player modes. The ranking system works the same as online. One fight might not damage your standing so much but consecutive losses will affect it.

Hmm. I suppose I will just have to soldier on (and get up earlier to get more play time). My main concern is that I could reach a point where my skill level plateaus and I will struggle to win fights and progress beyond that. I'll just have to keep going and see what happens!

• 1 month later...

Also completely struggling with this. I got to about the 3rd dan and I couldnt even fight legitly anymore. So I started doing the cheap Angel/Jack combo, and by the time I reached 12-15th dan I can't do anything anymore. I'm currently at vanquisher and cannot get a match in my same rank.

I've won 13 straight against ranks 3-4 higher than me (by quitting about 20 matches) and I'm still not getting equal rank fights or promotions.

Starting to regret this achievement :/ the AI certainly aren't "easy"