How We Say Goodbye In Germany

Frijolie

Does any guard gate count? I've been doing Motorcycle Escape over and over again but am still waiting for this to unlock. Motorcycle Escape has 3 guard gates that I run through pretty fast (i just skip fighting all the enemies). I'll bet this will unlock on my next playthrough after posting this. Oh well...Anyone have any better ideas?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any guard gate count? I've been doing Motorcycle Escape over and over again but am still waiting for this to unlock. Motorcycle Escape has 3 guard gates that I run through pretty fast (i just skip fighting all the enemies). I'll bet this will unlock on my next playthrough after posting this. Oh well...Anyone have any better ideas?

I did the same as you, and it unlocked for me. It does take a while though but it will unlock.

You must actually enter the restricted area, so, yes, you have to go through the gate.

That made sense, until I just got it.

I was doing this while checking e-mail just now, and put the controller down as my German (oh, excuse me, "Enemy" :)) Officer character was doing the knocking. As soon as he finished knocking, but before I picked up the controller to walk in, it unlocked.

That made sense, until I just got it.

I was doing this while checking e-mail just now, and put the controller down as my German (oh, excuse me, "Enemy" :)) Officer character was doing the knocking. As soon as he finished knocking, but before I picked up the controller to walk in, it unlocked.

That's pretty funny because I was eating when I got my last one and I actually had to put my food back down and walk through the door before I got it to unlock. I wonder if it just doesn't matter or if it varies based on the location. I was doing it on the Motorcycle Escape level. Maybe if you're accessing a contained space, like a room, rather than a whole new area, you don't actually have to walk through? Which area were you accessing?

I figured I was pretty close, and I just now started the Last Crusade levels, so I wasn't doing the motorcycle escape level. I was doing mine at the very beginning of the Pursuing the Ark level where you start out in the sub pen, where the area to access has the boat in it and it's on the far right from where you start the level.

I figured I was pretty close, and I just now started the Last Crusade levels, so I wasn't doing the motorcycle escape level. I was doing mine at the very beginning of the Pursuing the Ark level where you start out in the sub pen, where the area to access has the boat in it and it's on the far right from where you start the level.

That's the way I did it...didn't take too long at all.

I did mine on the motorcycle escape level as well. I am posting to clarify that you don't have to enter the restricted area to get the achievement. mine unlocked right after the old shave and a haircut knock.

This was my last achievement so I assumed i had plenty of restricted access counts, at least 30 but I still had to run through that damn level well over 10x. I never want to play lego indiana jones again after that level. But it IS a good game though, just no replay after 100% which takes like 7-8 hours, maybe faster with a guide.

So, this is my current theory. If the restricted area is part of a larger area, then you don't actually have to walk into it. This covers a large number of areas, including the one on the left side of the radio tower in the Castle Rescue level. These areas don't require any loading for you to enter. If, however, entering the restricted level requires a load - the first gate along the road in the Motorcycle Escape - then you have to go through for it to register.

This could be completely wrong, but its the only thing that makes sense given that

people are reporting two different things. Of course, its entirely possible that, given the history of Lego games having some interesting issues with achievements, that my game just had a little bit of a glitch. If some other people don't report that they had to go through the gate to unlock the achievement, we should probably just go with that thought.

Does this achievement have to be done with Indy or another "gooie" wearing a hat or can it be done with one of the "enemy" soldiers?? Just wondering as I've done the motorcycle chase level enough times to have opened those gates 50 times themselves!!!

Just as Murphys Law would have it....2 enemy gates after posting it unlocked!!! lol

All you have to wait for is the guard to nod his head, you dont even need to wait in front of him as long as you remain a german soldier/officer.

In motorcycle escape, I would just knock on the door and then run off to sit on the motorcyle ready for the gate to open, then after the last/third guard quit/save and reload.

It did take longer than I thought it would to unlock though considering I had finished the game days ago.

Each run took 2.20 mins from college/load, level and back to college/load again = 3 doors.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest that if you are going for the achievement on motorcycle run that you go into the shed by the third guard shack after you open it. I think the reason that it is taking extra long for some people doing this level is because you have to do into the shed for that guard tower to count. I wasn't going in there at first and it was taking longer than it should have. Then I stated to go into the shed and on my second run of going into the shed it unlocked. It actually didn't unlock until after I entered the shed. Thats why I believe you have to go in there for that one to count.. Hope it helps so people don't have to do this level 20 times like I had to..