Official Bitching Thread

BLOMBOMB

What? How are other people running around and ruining my chances when I'm in a single player game? That's all I've been doing the past few times I've even turned on Dead Island.

Also, I'd have friends help me, but my man and I realized during the game that, just because he sees an orange item when he loots a box doesn't mean I will. The damn thing appeared white/common.

... hate this game >_> Legitimately hate it right now.

Ah, i assumed you were playing with a group of people. well try friends. the more of you there are the higher the chances of finding one(and of course you have to let them know you need help or they will just take it lol. one friend randomly joined my game and i killed a zombie that dropped an orange weapon, this kid comes out of nowhere and snatches my weapon up. i was madder than a mofo that day. basically i sent him a message telling him not to touch anymore orange weapons as i needed the achievement.:p

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, i assumed you were playing with a group of people. well try friends. the more of you there are the higher the chances of finding one(and of course you have to let them know you need help or they will just take it lol. one friend randomly joined my game and i killed a zombie that dropped an orange weapon, this kid comes out of nowhere and snatches my weapon up. i was madder than a mofo that day. basically i sent him a message telling him not to touch anymore orange weapons as i needed the achievement.:p

As IDiivil points out though, where one person sees orange, the other person only sees white. Wierd way of doing it but there you go. I've had a mini argument when I kept telling a friend to pick up this orange for his achievement and him swearing blind he can only see the same item in white with lower stats.

So basically you told a guy to stop taking your orange when he likely only saw white, and any oranges he finds that only he can see he will leave, and you will ignore because they show white to you.

A big problem with the coop mode is all these little rules there are are not written down and we're the ones having to learn them the hard way.

Edited by Tanaki Khan

As IDiivil points out though, where one person sees orange, the other person only sees white. Wierd way of doing it but there you go. I've had a mini argument when I kept telling a friend to pick up this orange for his achievement and him swearing blind he can only see the same item in white with lower stats.

So basically you told a guy to stop taking your orange when he likely only saw white, and any oranges he finds that only he can see he will leave, and you will ignore because they show white to you.

A big problem with the coop mode is all these little rules there are are not written down and we're the ones having to learn them the hard way.

Then how come when my co-op friend saw an orange weapon and told me to pick it up, i saw it as well? and got my achievement? clearly it doesn't work the same for everyone. and i assure you my other friend knew it was orange because he pointed it out. i guess some people have screwy games or maybe there are certain rules we dont know about.

Edited by Annalie

Recently had my 52 hour Logan save corrupt on me, and surprisingly I wasnt really that pissed. I have never had a save corrupt or anything to that nature, but I simply started a new game with Purna(SP) and have been loving every minute of it. Sure theres problems, and yeah it sucks, but the game is amazing. Hopefully when they release the DLC it will also fix the freezing. Either way Im just going to go for achievements and have fun doing so, if it screws up again it screws up, Ill simply restart and have another go.

Then how come when my co-op friend saw an orange weapon and told me to pick it up, i saw it as well? and got my achievement? clearly it doesn't work the same for everyone. and i assure you my other friend knew it was orange because he pointed it out. i guess some people have screwy games or maybe there are certain rules we dont know about.

It's possible there are circumstances where the game chooses to show the same, similar or even different weapons to two people in the same coop game.

I could easily counter with my example. It best to conclude results will vary rather than assume one experience is universal.

:mad:frickin fuming, i read these posts yestaday and was thinkin "ive had no probs at all,but i shud make a back up when i can get a usb jus in case"and then bam jus tryd to load my level 38/39?save and the load screen jus crashes,time after time,im so pissed and i dont know if i can do it again...not for now ne way,gutted!!!make ya back'ups NOW!

So 1st save corruption... i was Purna got to level 48!

2nd save corruption... tonight with Sam B luckily tho i just reached level 50 with him and after hours of searching finally got my final rare weapon, only needed 28days later cheevo, but considering i've had TWO save corruptions i simple disconnected from live put my date forward and booted the game now i have 1000G this game is going back to the shop! FUCK THE DLC!

Edit - Techland/Deepsilver really need a save function update on this game, the corruptions are almost as bad if not worse than the Test Drive unlimited 2 save function, I was happy when i finally got to level 50 i thought to myself 'awesome now i'm ready for the arena dlc when its released' but no it had to corrupt AGAIN! and for those wondering No i didnt use the oleander trick, i did however use the dupe weapons one just to make some money seeing as the undead hate money (die all the time lol)

Edited by Dangerline

I've had so many corrupt saves on this game it is not even funny. Every time I get a character to a high level it freezes on me. I had Logan at 38 freeze, Xian at 42 freeze, and Purna at levels 40 and 44 freeze. I've starting backing my game up on 2 USB sticks because I learned very quickly that it seems the corruption comes from when you save, not from when you try to load it. I even emailed Techland about it and told them I'm even backing up on USB and they told me they are working on it and to try backing it on on USB. The apparently don't read their emails all the way through. All the freezes have occurred during ACT III.

I never had a problem with getting orange weapons, I got the achievement on two playthroughs, one for two different characters (because one froze on me). All of those weapons, however, were lost when the game froze on me.

To all of the people that keep having issues with corrupt save files: Have you tried playing without storing your weapons/items with Jin? One friend had the corruption issue but after he stopped using Jin's storage feature he never encountered the problem again. I know several people who reached level 50, myself included, without encountering this bug. It may be a coincidence, but none of us stored anything with Jin... *shrug*

To all of the people that keep having issues with corrupt save files: Have you tried playing without storing your weapons/items with Jin? One friend had the corruption issue but after he stopped using Jin's storage feature he never encountered the problem again. I know several people who reached level 50, myself included, without encountering this bug. It may be a coincidence, but none of us stored anything with Jin... *shrug*

The problem is people have been using Jin and not having a problem. As has been said before, it seems to be a combination of things, not just one.

To all of the people that keep having issues with corrupt save files: Have you tried playing without storing your weapons/items with Jin? One friend had the corruption issue but after he stopped using Jin's storage feature he never encountered the problem again. I know several people who reached level 50, myself included, without encountering this bug. It may be a coincidence, but none of us stored anything with Jin... *shrug* .

I'm level 50, and when I beat the game the first time I had 5-10 weapons stored with Jin. No problems whatsoever. I currently have 10-15 orange weapons stored with Jin. I have yet to encounter a single issue with save files and corruption. So it's not just Jin.

Pretty much everyone here is unbelievably retarded and puts real gamers to shame.

Seriously? people coming to a "bitching thread" to complain about their in game problems, makes them retarded and puts real gamers to shame? how do you figure that? i had no problems. and got my 1000 just fine, but im not gonna talk sh!t either just because of it. this game really had a crap load of problems so its only right to make this thread. which i dont know why you would post in here, because you had nothing to add to the discussion.

I think i speak for most here when i kindly tell you to shut the heck up and take your 25 posts. to another forum where they will put up with your childishness. and btw your not a real gamer. just but a blind one.

Edited by Annalie

I'm not usually a bitcher but my story is pretty much the same .... Level 40 Xian, in Act III after 13 hours on solo and co-op having fun it's all been a waste of time as my game now continually crashes at the load screen. I did make a back up of a slightly earlier save and tried to load that up but nope, now even that is crashing. Such a shame, such a fun game is so riddled with game breakers!

Im having same problem just got to level 49, what a waste of time.Im trading it in ,piece of crap.WHY DONT COMPANYS TEST THERE GAMES.:mad::wtf

I was playing quite happly just about to head to the lighthouse to hand in some canned food, (yes ive just started) and this thing whizzzed past me sooo fast i never really saw it . so i jump in the jeep and chased him . it was another player that had joined my game .. i asked how he ran so fast .and he said he modded his iso's now thats all greek to me so can you's enlighten me please ??

Thanks

I had a save file corrupt on my level 38 Purna last night. I was on chapter 13, Act III. I had a load of good weapons and lost them all. I assume it's down to the inventory 'stack' bug which prevents the game from loading up because there are too many items in the inventory. Bag programming, but it didn't bother me much. I only 'lost' about 25 hours of gameplay.

Luckily with this game a lot of the achievements are cumulative. I had 56/72 locations and 88/120 collectibles when that save file died, and would've been super annoyed if I lost all that progress. But like I said, it's not much of a problem because the tally carries over into new games.

So anyway, I made a new game last night after that one froze and carried on from where I left off on a new Purna save. Finished the game tonight. Great game!

The best piece of advice I can give to avoid the inventory 'stack' glitch is: don't hoard! Be very careful of what you pick up, and try to use any big stacks of items you get as soon as you can (i.e. metal scraps & bleach for bullets etc) to prevent it happening.

I had my first playthrough glitch on me after I hit level 33. I tend to hoard things when playing RPGs or when playing games that allow crafting. I had a ton of weapons and crafting supplies. I also stored some stuff with Jin.

On my second playthrough (level 44 now) I have cut back on hoarding, only carry the weapons I actually use, and don't store with Jin at all. No problems yet.

As for the whole game not saving issue- what I have been doing in order to ensure the game saves my progress and items is before quitting out I go to the options menu and change one of the settings (usually turning the vibration on then off)- the game saves after you do that. It takes the same amount of time as a manual save. The game will save your money, level, progress, and loot- but it will put you back at the last checkpoint location when you reload. My husband and friend have been doing this too and have had no problems saving their games.

I am so upset with this game my main character will not load when I try to completely freezes my xbox and so I started over with another character. Yet again the same thing happen to that one I have contacted support and tried all their suggestion but I still have the same problem. I did enjoy playing this game until that happen to me. The only achievement I need is to reach level 50. So far I lost my level 47 and 43 character so I'm just done trying to get that achievement it's just not worth my time anymore.

• 2 weeks later...