Co-Op Expert Agent Guide.

Gackt

For those having difficulty fighting agents on expert, here is a guide that I hope will help you. They are listed in order on the levels they appear.

Special thanks to Auburok, IDiivil, & CorpseSwallower. My teammates! And using the following tips is how we have run through expert without having ever failed a single time.

Have since switched to different setups but I still believe this is a good way to build your team, this setup still works decently but it just a suggested build...obviously use whatever works best for you.

First let me start off by listing a good application setup for your team.

Member 1 - Damage Link & Virus

Member 2 - Shielding & Virus -- Shielding blocks very little damage so replace with something you may find more useful.

Member 3 - Battery & Virus

Member 4 - Reboot & Squad Heal

Purpose of 3 people taking Virus. Virus causes damage over time...can do damage through Reactive and Liquid armor types. This comes in very handy and can simply obliterate those harder enemies in seconds when grouped.

Also works decently against Agents.

Battery upgraded will give your apps massive recharge so they are able to be used again right away. Works on all apps minus Battery.

Member 4's role is the team healer. Reboot is for those situations where 3 of your teammates are down and its up to you to save the day lol. Even if you all go down you can reboot yourself and get back into the fight and back to trying to reboot your buddies. Do you always need this app? No...will you love that one of your teammates has it for when that situation arises? Yes.

Squad heal can be used while you are chip ripping, so is very useful when other agents are trying to interrupt you. Also having a skill that heals the entire team is always a plus.

Tip for rebooting for those who don't know!

Once you start a reboot you do not need to stand around until its done, just keep the LB button pressed down and run for cover...keep running if you have to, there is no distance restriction.

Atlantic Accelerator

Healer: Escobar

Tips for clearing on Expert. Hang back, there is an area where you can get ammo and is very close quarter. You can draw the agents into the area where you can focus your fire and down them each very very quickly. Soon as one goes down, chip rip him while your 3 teammates provide constant healing. Agents will always try to reboot their fallen friend.

I suggest chip ripping because once you enter the animation for this, they cant stop you unless they down you. Trying to breach/self destruct them gives them the second they need to revive so you're safer off by ripping.

Kill Escobar first, without him the others won't have constant healing which makes the fight rather simple.

Scandinavia

Healer: Shinoda

Tips for clearing on Expert. At the end of the level, 2 drop ships appear. First one has 6 soldiers on it...can quickly dispatch them with a grenade before they even get out of the ship. You have a few seconds to kill them before the Agent team is in attacking position.

Once they arrive, hang back once again! They will eventually start to scatter...depending on your teamwork and skill, you can either wait for Shinoda to wander a bit away from his team or you can focus fire on him right away, down him...and have a teammate charge toward him and begin a chip rip. Remember while this is happening his fellow agents will most likely focus fire on you but it is of no concern if your team is focus healing you. They are easy to mop up once Shinoda is gone.

Weapon tip.

Throughout the level you will have the chance to grab Coil Lasers and Riot Lancer weapons. The secondary fire on both is incredibly effective at damaging agents. Riot Lance has an area of effect that can even down all 4 agents at once if they are close enough together. Watch out though, it is seriously hurtful against teammates caught in the blast.

Shinoda makes a special guest appearance on the China map, he is not a big threat as he is alone.

Argentina

Healer: Lars

Tips for clearing on Expert. At the end of the level as soon as you open the door Lars is standing right infront of you with another agent. If one of your team grabbed the minigun from the reactive armor guy you previously fought then this can go even easier as that gun fully upgraded will down an agent very fast. Otherwise focus fire and kill him right away or he will retreat to a higher floor. 2 drop ships on the first floor will have enemies in them, a mix of reactive,electric,and liquid armor soldiers and 1 or 2 ECM's. Its important you take out the ECM guy before all else as they disable your ability to use apps period.

New England

Healer: Fawkes

Tips for clearing on expert. This one is more tricky as they all hang around the equipment in the room and never seem to venture too far away from each other. The idea is still the same...you need to focus fire on Fawkes, have someone charge him and rip his chip! Again, never forget to focus heal on the guy doing the rip because if he is downed during the animation...it will cancel out. The good thing about this area is there is alot of crap in the way of the other agents and sometimes they end up just firing at you but end up only hitting the equipment scattered around the room.

Warning: The longer you take on this level the harder its going to get, over time normal soldier will appear as well as ECM soldiers. So speed is the key.

Other useful info.

Self destructing an agent. If they get revived while you are trying to do this it is ok, the progress bar remains where you left off so if you got him 50% of the way to self destruct... next time he goes down he will still have that 50% on there.

Stacking this makes it go much faster and there is more points to be gained by destroying an agent rather than chip ripping. Useful to those who already have all the blueprint tokens they need.

DART Mode. Assuming you have the chip upgrades, you can do more damage and take more damage while in DART Mode.

Backfire APP can knock down agents.

Smaller team build for Expert:

Member 1 - Damage Link & C2C Pulse

Member 2 - Battery & Skill of your choice

Credit goes to Auburok and IDiivil as it was their strategy, not mine.

Shield is useless on Expert. Too much adrenaline needed to block 3-4 hits.

One person with C2C and Damage Link, and another person with Battery and any skill of their choosing can two man New England on Expert. C2C is fueled by points as you stated, so the person using it HAS to have Damage Link to help fuel it without relying on chip rips (detonations are better at this point for us, since points are more useful than the 800+ blueprint tokens we have). Person with C2C and Damage Link should be competent enough to keep C2C's bar maxed, but can lean on Damage Link's point bonuses and second member's battery if he screws up too much.

Played around with C2C some lately, found it extremely useful for fighting liquid/electric/reactive armor types... you can just stand there in their face and kill them while they can't break your healing tank lol. Really good combo for getting large amounts of points too.

Edited by Gackt

Well, I'd be willing to help a bit later. Gives me something to do to seal my Syndicate's rank.

Thanks man, I really do appreciate it. You other guys up for it later as well, IDiivil and Gackt? Would be great to play Expert with all you guys once I can finally get around to it.

Right now, since I haven't been able to do much, my agent is fairly low level and not very well upgraded. Once I can play again without fear of constant freezing, I will make sure to get leveled fast so I can handle Expert with you guys.

Oh, and good guide Gackt. Will come in handy for many people, I'm sure. :D

Thanks man, I really do appreciate it. You other guys up for it later as well, IDiivil and Gackt? Would be great to play Expert with all you guys once I can finally get around to it.

Right now, since I haven't been able to do much, my agent is fairly low level and not very well upgraded. Once I can play again without fear of constant freezing, I will make sure to get leveled fast so I can handle Expert with you guys.

I'm always up for shooting down some bitches and ripping out chips.

Totally. I will be playing this game for quite a while I am sure.

Edit: Just got a msg from Demon(member of Neurodyne) saying he joined a random game and through the speak on his tv heard one of the randoms he played with say "OMG THAT DUDES IN THE ND CLAN!"

lol...we be famous :D

Edited by Gackt

Totally. I will be playing this game for quite a while I am sure.

Edit: Just got a msg from Demon(member of Neurodyne) saying he joined a random game and through the speak on his tv heard one of the randoms he played with say "OMG THAT DUDES IN THE ND CLAN!"

lol...we be famous :D

Well, well, well... I'll have to start joining random games and proving our skillz, then.

If all 4 agents self-destruct the chip in DART mode, it is very fast plus you get 1,000 points each. Also, if the agent gets healed, the self-destruct bar does NOT reset.

I try to encourage people I play with to do that as well; when you're level 30 and have finished all of the research, you have no need for those chips anyway (plus it's safer, faster, and you get more points for destructing).

No one with C2C Pulse, really? As long as team mates are shooting the agents (to help with damage), I can tank any group of agents on expert with those skills. If someone has a damage link it's really beyond easy. You may want to revise your suggestion to include it somewhere.

Just want to restate, agents on expert are pretty easy with that in even a group of 3 people. Colorado, now that's a tricky level (still, do it right and it can go lightning fast).

Edit: Just want to add my general strategy using that setup. I pop C2C Pulse and tell my team mates to pop whatever buff apps they may have (damage link/shield) and then I charge at the enemy squad with my team near me. I need have at least one team member block the shots of one enemy agent (4 agents shooting can overwhelm the C2C, I can out-heal 3). Then we all focus fire on the enemy with C2C Pulse. Usually use the shotgun or smg for this. After he goes down I instantly rip his chip, all of which usually refills my C2C Pulse back to full. Then it's just a simple matter of repeating on the remaining enemies. If my C2C Pulse runs out I use battery and use the Pulse again. Only ever get one squad of enemy soldiers to spawn using this strategy.

It's a very effective strategy overall.

Edited by fallouthirteen

No one with C2C Pulse, really? As long as team mates are shooting the agents (to help with damage), I can tank any group of agents on expert with those skills. If someone has a damage link it's really beyond easy. You may want to revise your suggestion to include it somewhere.

Just want to restate, agents on expert are pretty easy with that in even a group of 3 people. Colorado, now that's a tricky level (still, do it right and it can go lightning fast).

Edit: Just want to add my general strategy using that setup. I pop C2C Pulse and tell my team mates to pop whatever buff apps they may have (damage link/shield) and then I charge at the enemy squad with my team near me. I need have at least one team member block the shots of one enemy agent (4 agents shooting can overwhelm the C2C, I can out-heal 3). Then we all focus fire on the enemy with C2C Pulse. Usually use the shotgun or smg for this. After he goes down I instantly rip his chip, all of which usually refills my C2C Pulse back to full. Then it's just a simple matter of repeating on the remaining enemies. If my C2C Pulse runs out I use battery and use the Pulse again. Only ever get one squad of enemy soldiers to spawn using this strategy.

It's a very effective strategy overall.

One person with C2C and Damage Link, and another person with Battery and any skill of their choosing can two man New England on Expert. C2C is fueled by points as you stated, so the person using it HAS to have Damage Link to help fuel it without relying on chip rips (detonations are better at this point for us, since points are more useful than the 800+ blueprint tokens we have). Person with C2C and Damage Link should be competent enough to keep C2C's bar maxed, but can lean on Damage Link's point bonuses and second member's battery if he screws up too much.

IDiivil and I mop the floor with the agents, and she never even pops her battery usually. Normally we can down two at the same time (healer and another), pop the healer's chip by focusing on it, and take out the rest. We usually hold back on the last agent, so we can kill all the guys that flood in.

This strategy actually works for one person, too, but it's more fun to duo it, because then I don't have to work as hard.

Good suggestion, I may have to drop battery for damage link. Though I generally play with people who are ok to decent. As such, I'm often the only standing member of the group when things get bad, so I sometimes rely on that battery to refill when I need to get a lot of revives in a row (and escape without going down myself).

And yeah, I agree that shield is useless by that point, but inevitably someone on a group I'm in will probably have it, so I have them use it for that little bit extra.

Though if you are going for agent breaches, would focus breach be good to have on your second person? 100% faster breach for the user and 10% for the other person seems like it'd make exploding an agent a bit quicker and easier.

Good suggestion, I may have to drop battery for damage link. Though I generally play with people who are ok to decent. As such, I'm often the only standing member of the group when things get bad, so I sometimes rely on that battery to refill when I need to get a lot of revives in a row (and escape without going down myself).

And yeah, I agree that shield is useless by that point, but inevitably someone on a group I'm in will probably have it, so I have them use it for that little bit extra.

Though if you are going for agent breaches, would focus breach be good to have on your second person? 100% faster breach for the user and 10% for the other person seems like it'd make exploding an agent a bit quicker and easier.

Ha, you could probably pull off solo, though. IDiivil and I found that we did better alone than with under leveled or under researched players.

Focus is... okay. It depends on the person using it. It has a slight buff to everyone, which is nice, but if the main person isn't so great at targeting, or avoiding death while breaching, it's not so great. If you think they can handle moving in to danger, breaching, and remaining alive while they do it: sure, go for it. We don't really bother with it, though.

IDiivil likes backfire to take down agents that are about to raise the ones we are breaching. A lot of the time, breaching is hard to plan because your targeting will decide to switch to heal your ally. Backfire at least doesn't have that problem as a pinch app.

IDiivil and I mop the floor with the agents, and she never even pops her battery usually. Normally we can down two at the same time (healer and another), pop the healer's chip by focusing on it, and take out the rest. We usually hold back on the last agent, so we can kill all the guys that flood in.

This strategy actually works for one person, too, but it's more fun to duo it, because then I don't have to work as hard.

Updated the guide with some of your new info.

If all 4 agents self-destruct the chip in DART mode, it is very fast plus you get 1,000 points each. Also, if the agent gets healed, the self-destruct bar does NOT reset.

Does breaching go faster while in DART mode?

• 3 months later...

New England

Healer: Fawkes

Tips for clearing on expert. This one is more tricky as they all hang around the equipment in the room and never seem to venture too far away from each other. The idea is still the same...you need to focus fire on Fawkes, have someone charge him and rip his chip! Again, never forget to focus heal on the guy doing the rip because if he is downed during the animation...it will cancel out. The good thing about this area is there is alot of crap in the way of the other agents and sometimes they end up just firing at you but end up only hitting the equipment scattered around the room.

Warning: The longer you take on this level the harder its going to get, over time normal soldier will appear as well as ECM soldiers. So speed is the key.

a bit more stable of a strategy for this one would be to jump over a railing and hide in the room right under the last checkpoint... if you stand still at the back of the hallway, one Agent will come walking around the corner... you can body block him into the server towers (at least, that's what they look like to me) and remove him... or better yet, let one of his buddies come around and revive him... each agent will give you the "Agent Takedown" points three times... rinse, repeat...

downing the last two Agents and *LEAVING THEM DOWN* will force a bit of an easter egg... a TON of reactives will show up, one after another, along with a slew of normal soldiers...

two-manning this mission, we usually score somewhere in the realm of 80K-110K by the end...

speed is key... but taking it slow is MUCH more profitable... :p

I'll try to go through this and give alternate impressions on these tactics... they're all viable, but we've found better/more profitable methods of running most of what's listed here...

oh, and Shielding in Expert not being useful is a bit off... it recharges super fast and allows the user to rack up 100 points each time it gets dropped... now, the Shield itself doesn't take a heck of a lot of damage before it falls, but it's the after effect that is really killer... a Shielded CQC user... as soon as that shield gets dropped, you have a bunch of stationary targets just begging for a head shot...

for those that are unaware, when dropped, Shielding releases an EMP burst... ;)

Edited by Market

um, I would try this test again with the Squad Heal app... there *is* a difference in DART...

okay, just gotta call this out a bit on the original post... Reboot? really?!

a *real* team wouldn't be caught dead using reboot... mostly because we don't get caught dead... lol

Breach doesn't increase in speed while in DART.

You're right, a real team wouldn't have a member with Reboot incase of emergencies. How dare we have our own methods and strategies. Sorry for playing the game the way I wanted to and not your way. So sorry.

Edited by Gackt