Story Mode Is Frustrating

Mustkill9

First of all this game has probably about twice as many controls as the average first person shooter. And this game is made by Midway, the same guys who made a few almost impossible achievements for NFL Blitz the League.

This game got hard all of a sudden in the second section when they tell you you're down by 22, and you have 4 minutes to come back. I have tried this like 12-15 times now, and I actually lost by 1 once and 2 once, but I still didn't get past it. And there are 6 sections to the game- I got totally annoyed and frustrated with this game on section 2!

Now I realize there are nerds on this site who are not going to get stuck there. But I'm a pretty serious gamer, who takes pride in my skills, and I'm sorry I started playing this game. Because it's fun enough where I want to play, but all it's doing is frustrating me.

My created character is a dunks/blocks type player, because that has always been my style in NBA Jam and NBA Street, so maybe story mode is easier as a steals/3 point shooter type player. I don't know. I was doing fine until the 22 point challenge.

EDIT: Think it's an easy 1000? So far the world leaderboard says 1st place) 740pts, 5th) 500pts, 10th) only 335, and 20th) only 255.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im on the 4. episode, i beat the one your having problems with on my 3. try.. You got to use the LB+X on the players and score right after, that gets you 4 points. Try to steal the ball from behind so you get a foul, but the player will most likely drop the ball, they only get a freethrow every 5. foul. Just keep trying and you will get there.

Im having trouble on the 4. episode on the 4. chapter, i have to make 5 superdunks, how??

This game got hard all of a sudden in the second section when they tell you you're down by 22, and you have 4 minutes to come back. I have tried this like 12-15 times now, and I actually lost by 1 once and 2 once, but I still didn't get past it. And there are 6 sections to the game- I got totally annoyed and frustrated with this game on section 2!

I have done it on the 3rd try, but by pure luck. I was still trailing by 20 and then made a super dunk (that RT + LT + B in special circle) and ... match won somehow :)) I don't know whether this was a bug or it is a legit way to finish that episode. Try if you want.

Finally finished Episode 4. Last Chapter is a pain in the ass :)

Here some tips :)

First game: Dificult and need some practice. Need to perfome a Off-The-Head, then a 3+ move Combo and Dunk. Try first the off the head, just run a bit, foward, and than use RT+LT+Y, so the ball bounces in the adversary head, quickly continue to run and press Y, so you in the same move do a hooly Hoop. Than, just kee doing good till level 3, activate combo, and than Dunk. Time limited is 3 minutes, so need to do actions quickly.

Second game: Easy one. Need to do crowd Hooly Hoop. Just pass the ball to the public, and tuning to the net press X. The ball returns in the air, and we do a hooly hoop.

Third Game: Easy - Need to perfomance 4 Super moves:

2 Super Blocks (level 2 power, than RT+LT+Y (under the net) when adversary trys to dunk.

2 Super Steals (level 2 power, than RT+LT+B)

Fourth Game: Easy one too - Need to perfomance Every Super Move:

1 super block Shot – Super Lvl 2 RT+LT+Y (under the net)

1 super steal - Super Lvl 2 RT+LT+B (without ball)

1 super Juke - Super Lvl 2 RT+LT+X

1 super Shot - Super Lvl 2 RT+LT+B

1 super dunk - Super Lvl 3 RT+LT+B (in the yellow circle with ball)

Hope It can help, as it was very difficult to me to discover! ;)

Now gonna do last chapter... :)

Chapter 4 from Episode 6 is just frustrating... 4 or 5 opponents, with dificult matchs. The third match you need to win by not let the opponent score. We are talking about 2 minutes. We need to be very fast building up Super, and steel every ball. If he scores one single point, lose credit. And then, just star all over again, with 2 matchs before this encounter... This is stupid...

Third Game: Easy - Need to perfomance 4 Super moves:

2 Super Blocks (level 2 power, than RT+LT+Y (under the net) when adversary trys to dunk.

2 Super Steals (level 2 power, than RT+LT+B)

thx for your help but i try do execute these stricks but it doesn't work. i push lt+lr+circle buttons at level 2 but nothing happens. is there any gonnd advice to complete it ?