Letter Scraps Glitch

Puppys

So I'm finally getting around to doing the collectibles. I have completed every mission, every (possible) stranger and freaks, and stunt jumps. sitting at 98% completion, just waiting on letter scraps and spaceship parts.

I go to the very first one on the collectables guide (it is at the north part of the map, labeled 'toilet block' on Rockstar Social Club map) and it isn't there.

I've tried everything I could think of, and it just won't show up. Rockstar map says I don't have it collected.

Anyone maybe have a similar issue? If not, I may not get the 100% achievement without some serious replaying.

Someone please save me :(

If I remember correctly, the scrap should be on the ground next to the northern door of the toilets building.

If it's not there, then I don't know what to tell you (they can be a little hard to see sometimes)

Maybe you got the scrap and your rockstar page hasn't update... try saving your game and then checking again, or look at the in game stats for scraps collected...

Edited by SpinelesS

If I remember correctly, the scrap should be on the ground next to the northern door of the toilets building.

If it's not there, then I don't know what to tell you (they can be a little hard to see sometimes)

Maybe you got the scrap and your rockstar page hasn't update... try saving your game and then checking again, or look at the in game stats for scraps collected...

I'm updating to tell you guys exactly what I've tried:

- First, I checked the Rockstar checklist, and made sure that it was "uncollected." Sure enough, it was not where the video said it was.

- I reloaded a save way way back from two weeks ago. Took a taxi up to the spot, and it was there! definitely can confirm that a glitch was going on.

- I tried absolutely everything in my power to get it to show up. Visited with all three characters, took a taxi, physically drove 6 miles up there, took Chop with me, cleared cache and reinstalled game, and nothing.

So, I had to reload a previous save. Luckily, the furthest I had to go back was my 94% save, which effectively means I have lost the following:

- All 50 stunt jumps

- the 15 mailbox mission

- All 30 submarine parts

- About a third of the waste cleanup (my save was during this tedious achievement)

- two stranger/freak missions

I don't know whether I should be happy not to have to play more than that over again or sad that I have to redo the worst parts of the game itself :(

That proper sucks man!!!

For the stunt jumps you could play the race Downtown (think that's the one)online. Start it up by yourself and keep doing the stunt jump over and over. These somehow count for the acheviement so you would only need 25 in SP.

Would hate to have to redo the waste collection. It was fun for about 1 minute, but the thing just takes too long between collections.

So, I had to reload a previous save. Luckily, the furthest I had to go back was my 94% save, which effectively means I have lost the following:

- All 50 stunt jumps

- the 15 mailbox mission

- All 30 submarine parts

- About a third of the waste cleanup (my save was during this tedious achievement)

- two stranger/freak missions

I don't know whether I should be happy not to have to play more than that over again or sad that I have to redo the worst parts of the game itself :(

The only annoying thing in that list is the 50 stunt jumps. I don't know what the mailbox missions are but the submarine parts and waste cleanup don't even count towards 100%. Actually the submarine parts don't count for anything so I don't understand why you would waste time collecting them.

That proper sucks man!!!

For the stunt jumps you could play the race Downtown (think that's the one)online. Start it up by yourself and keep doing the stunt jump over and over. These somehow count for the acheviement so you would only need 25 in SP.

Would hate to have to redo the waste collection. It was fun for about 1 minute, but the thing just takes too long between collections.

I have the achievement, so really I just need to redo 25 in SP to get my credit back towards 100%

The only annoying thing in that list is the 50 stunt jumps. I don't know what the mailbox missions are but the submarine parts and waste cleanup don't even count towards 100%. Actually the submarine parts don't count for anything so I don't understand why you would waste time collecting them.

I have been following the 100% checklist on the Social Club. Are you sure the sub parts don't count? I can easily find out tomorrow night possibly if I finish up the stunt jumps and misc missions.

I have been following the 100% checklist on the Social Club. Are you sure the sub parts don't count? I can easily find out tomorrow night possibly if I finish up the stunt jumps and misc missions.

I'm positive. I have the actual checklist posted on trueachievements.com if you want to check it out. The reason is because of the options at the end. Picking 2 out of the 3 options pretty much makes it impossible to do some of the activities in the game so are not required to complete 100% incase someone picked one of these options and then wanted to 100% the game.

I also saw that you said you have done 25 stunt jumps already. YOU ONLY NEED TO DO 25 FOR IT TO COUNT TO 100%. Hopefully this will save you some time.

Edited by That Guy!!

Which video are you using? I don't know which scrap you are describing.

Not sure if a different video would help you at all, but try going for some of the other scraps first instead? Here is my video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsRrfR5DLTg]GTA V - All Letter Scraps - 100% Collectibles Guide - A Mystery, Solved Achievement/Trophy - YouTube[/ame]

Are you sure the sub parts don't count? I can easily find out tomorrow night possibly if I finish up the stunt jumps and misc missions.

Submarine parts are not necessary. I think Nuclear Waste is though.

I'm positive. I have the actual checklist posted on trueachievements.com if you want to check it out. The reason is because of the options at the end. Picking 2 out of the 3 options pretty much makes it impossible to do some of the activities in the game so are not required to complete 100% incase someone picked one of these options and then wanted to 100% the game.

I also saw that you said you have done 25 stunt jumps already. YOU ONLY NEED TO DO 25 FOR IT TO COUNT TO 100%. Hopefully this will save you some time.

To be perfectly honest, I've been following a 100% guide on the social club. I did not realize that some things had no impact on 100% even though they are listed. I mean I still had to do 50 stunt jumps for the achievement, but luckily only had to replay 25 of them to get credit for the misc activity. I also didn't have to complete the waste management a second time because I already got the achievement.

And Maka, it doesn't matter which guide I use. If my scrap wasn't there on save 1, but was exactly where it was supposed to be on save 2, it narrowed it down to a glitch.

100% now though, so now worries guys :D

• 4 months later...

i may be wrong but dont you have to visit her father or grave or something i could very well be wrong same as you need to visit the guy that you have to collect spaceship parts for i may also be wrong about that its been so long since i done it myself

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...