Achievement Guide and Road Map

BullZeye

You need 377.168 EXP for Rank Lv.30 and i have earned 385.213 EXP before dropping down to the Boss (only missing 1 side quest and killed all enemies i have seen everytime).

There is no large space there.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4592/1icligjhbc9ccbtxgl9tvkq.jpg

Edited by sachsenhusky

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question: Why do you write that you need 2 playtroughs?

When you save before the point of no return and buy the recipes of mama hooqua in the first playtrough you can load the savegame after you beat the final boss and get the last achievements like "Master Chef" and collect the last relics etc.

Edited by Lucki88

Well I can only base that on assumptions, but since I wasn't able to get 200.000 gold coins in one playthrough(after having bought a couple of expensive recipes) I'm pretty certain that you'll need to devote one playthrough to amassing money and the second to buy recipes.

Now it might be possible to get 200.000 before entering Xardas' tower in Thorniara but I didn't check that.

I also cannot say if after entering the tower is the only time previous areas become inaccessible.

Yeah I know that's usually part of doing an achievement guide but I just hated the idea of playing through the game again(Although I loved the first playthrough but that was enough).

I have finished with my first playtrough and got 950GS.

I received the "200.000 achievement" right before the final battle. After the final battle you can load your savegame in Thorniara and buy the recipes now. I made only one mistake and didn't buy the recipes of mama hooqua in the swamp. You have to buy them when you meet her the first time because later you can't trade with her (I don't know why :confused: I asked this in the Jowood forum, but don't get an answer until now). Hope there will be a patch soon :)

You don't need to buy any other recipe, only those i mentioned.

The other ones should be available at any time.

Edited by Lucki88

Yes, when you teleport to the tower of Xardas the bridge to the abbey is destroyed and you can't go back to the other areas. Before this it is possible to get to all areas.

You should get the collectibles in the first playtrough because they are hard to get when you load the savegame of Thorniara.

But it is still possible to get them when you load after the final fight, but it will be a little bit glitchy to get in the area between the abbey and the room where you fought the ahn bael the first time (ice room).

The Gate in front of this room is closed now so you have to walk back to the abbey and jump up the edge (It is only possible when you jump on the left wall).

And the next glitchy part is between this ice room (from the other side) and the farmland. There is also a big edge (in the cave beside the farmland). But it is still possible to jump on the left side of the wall to get up.

There aint a Trick for "Conqueror", not that i know of anyway.

The thing is:

Arcania on Gothic Difficulty is easier then Gothic 3 on Normal.

I can give some tips on how to play on Gothic.

(I have to say i play the German Version of the Game so some Names or Skill Descriptions i give a the German ones)

Skills: You will need the Ligtning Spells, you can stun single enemies and hit them 4-5 times and then stun again, when the enemies mob up this spell also helps to single them out and buy you some time to run away.

You will need a bow, when you get attacked by more then 2 Strong enemies, draw the bow, walk backwards and spamm arrows like mad

(also works with gangs of animals or undead)

Walking back without standing still ensures you that you will not get hit by Melee Attacks, when you fight against mages or other Distance fighters you can use the Melee ones as cover from the projectiles.

(sad thing is they dont take damage from friendly fire)

And you will need a high Flurry Skill, at 15 or 20 you will get the ability to attack without stopping, this will take care of allmost any single strong enemy, they cant break your combo attack except with the charge attack,when this happens, Dodge.

Also you should use the terrible AI against the enemies, they dont follow forever, they cant climb and such things.

Exemple: Boss Fight agains the Spy.

Try to get him and his Minions behind, close Behind you, run at the entrance to the Forge and then left or right down the stairs, the last steps are inpassable for the enemys, you can jump down and kill them all with your Bow, also theres a Beliar Artifact there.

(You will have to do things like that a lot)

And in some Dungeons, in the end of the Game, just run like hell till youre out of there

(When you get stronger, find better Items and some such you can always come back and get the lost EXP)

I have to admitt that the game will get terrible annoying at some times but this is what you get when playing with the big boys. They Play Cheap, You Have To Play Cheaper

The walking Backwards with a Bow tactic in combination with the stun spells is a savior, you even can get the change to loose a Boss, The also dont follow forever, and get a chance to save the Game (in a Boss Battle)

Wouldnt've expected to meet another Gothic veteran around here... reminds me of the times in Gothic 2 when the Black Troll was my first enemy killed - Hmmm....Circles, Circles...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great job on the guide gonna be a big help while im working through this game decided to just go all out and start on gothic difficulty after playing games like risen and divinity 2 im practically an expert on exploiting glitches just wish i had the patience to help write one of these guides :)

Let's say I make a save just before the point of no return, will I be able to go back and collect the collectibles. Will I be able to back track and find them, or are the areas they're in inaccessible once you've left the area?

E.g. The energy weapons bobblehead in fallout 3 was unattainable if you left the enclave base... Does the same apply to the collectbles in gothic 4. The guide was not very clear about this...

Edited by Owen H Brown

The point of no return is when you have to jump out of Xander's Tower late in the game. When you jump out, you land near the monastery, but the bridge to the West that leads to the swamp is collapsed, and if you travel in the other direction, past the jungle, you will eventually come to the ice room where you fought two floating demons and 3 ice creature things, but a closed gate is barring entrance to this room. You also cannot jump back up the ledge back into Xaner's Tower. So you cannot explore the whole world once you jump off that ledge at the end of Xander's Tower.

You can teleport out of Xander's Tower at anytime to explore the entire world, but once you jump off the ledge at the end of Xander's tower, you cannot explore the world.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1584/UPoWbv0=.jpgRadiant Blessing - 25http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Obtain all Innos statuettes.

These statuettes look like a typical iconic idol, depicting Innos, the god of light and order.There are 30 of them as well, the quest keeping track is called "The Statuettes of Lord Dominique".

Note that there are also "Golden Innos Statuettes", however these are not required for the achievement and are simply meant to be sold for profit.

For detailed locations see ponypo2001 's awesome collectables guide.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4tRqM8zNnY]YouTube - Gothic 4 Arcania : Radiant Blessing Achievement Guide[/ame]

Nice guide, but you should update it to say that there are 2 glitched achievements (recipes + 40g for completing everything.) I wasted like 4 hours collecting recipes before i read more posts in the recipe thread...

Also, very possible to have 200K gold before going to the tower if you dont use healing potions and dont use the scrolls until the very end. You get almost 100K for just the scrolls.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1584/-dEOxQ==.jpgDark Reward - 25http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Obtain all Beliar artifacts.

These artifacts look like a horned demon skull representing the dark god of chaos, Beliar.

As with the other collectables, 30 of them are spread throughout the game world.The quest "Hatred's Reaper" counts each artifact you pick up.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1584/--AHcA==.jpgAncient Treasure - 25http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Obtain all ancient relics.

These relics have a weird "Y"-shape as you see in the achievement picture.They are directly visible and not inside a chest or any other sort of container.

As soon as you pick up your first one, you will get a quest that keeps track of how many of the 30 relics you have collected so far("Ancient Relics").

Note that there's a fourth kind of collectable, the shards of a runestone(quest:"The forgotten graves") but those aren't related to any achievement.

All collectables are missable which means you need to pick up everything in each area before moving on to the next.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmX9XbJCcDA]YouTube - Gothic 4 Arcania : Dark Reward Achievement Guide[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofKLhFp1cJM]YouTube - Gothic 4 Arcania : Ancient Treasure Achievement Guide[/ame]

Edited by bblnx

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious when you talked about the Gothic mode, you said enemies don't respawn. Is the game's enemies the kind that level up with you or do you have to get stronger? Would it be advised to run straight through as quick as you can, avoiding most side quests to just beat the game? Or...should someone just start out on that setting and do every single quest and kill every enemy they can, to be strong enough to beat the game.

Sorry if any of this was said, had just glanced quickly through the roadmap and that's something I think could be added or edited in. I know you said no new game+, so how should one tackle it? I'm kind of feeling it's one of those "just start on hardest difficulty" games.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, it may be possible to get the achievement without JoWood patching the game.

The glitch prevents your character from learning certain recipes because the game thinks your character has ALREADY learned them. This glitch makes it impossible to craft certain items because there is no way to get the recipe on your crafting list.

But the game DOES think you have learned the recipe. So it may be possible to get the achievement if 1) the glitched recipes the game thinks you have already learned count towards the achievement, AND 2) all recipes missing from the main game are available in the DLC.

So whether the upcoming DLC will allow us to get the achievement depends on: 1) whether the game counts the glitched recipes towards the achievement or whether the recipes actually have to be in your crafting list before they will count towards the achievement, and 2). whether the recipes missing from the main game will be available in the DLC.

Not being able to craft an item doesn't bother me too much, but not being able to get 1000 points because of a glitch after spending hours trying to do so does bother me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Arcania: Gothic 4 Achievement Guide

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 4 months later...

i maked a save before entering xardas tower to get master chef trophy (fixed on ps3). i reloaded it to clean up went to the jungle to buy from the refugee camp now i cant get back up to the monastry. the other very far side (goddess temple) is blocked by a gate. :mad: :(

edit: i got back up. just need a certain technique

Edited by luckyegg

• 3 weeks later...
i maked a save before entering xardas tower to get master chef trophy (fixed on ps3). i reloaded it to clean up went to the jungle to buy from the refugee camp now i cant get back up to the monastry. the other very far side (goddess temple) is blocked by a gate. :mad: :(

edit: i got back up. just need a certain technique

What about the achievement on xbox ? Is this will work to getting the achievement?

• 2 months later...