Disappointing...but fun

Slaughter.

Definitely a disappointment, especially the coop. The single player was pretty good, just way too many of the same stupid fetch quests. Also the last boss was a joke, I took him out in a couple shots. I gave this a 6/10 rating in the 'rate my games played' thread, mostly because of the absolutely atrocious coop and repetition of the game.

• 1 month later...
i too was disapointed, just play dead rising its better and is basically the same game

No its not. i love both but this game is completley different. Theres no 72 hours time limit,or being stuck in one big area,the melee feels better,driving is better,gun fights feel better.

• 2 weeks later...
The game is disappointing, but not necessarily a bad game. What do you think?

It's one of the best games I have ever played. I bought it back in late 2011 when it was fairly new and I absolutely hated it. I came back to it last year and couldn't put it down. You know why I couldn't put it down? Because I gave it a chance. I advise you to do the same if you haven't played it much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Game is amazing. I don't see how anyone thought this game was a dissapointment.

Maybe they had their hopes to high. Even then Everything was new and orginal. Techland is amazing. I didn't expect anything and I was blown away. If you hated the game give it another shot.

I didn't always like Skyrim and Little Big Planet 2. I had my hopes too high. After giving it a 2nd try with any expectations I loved both.

Game is amazing. I don't see how anyone thought this game was a dissapointment.

Maybe they had their hopes to high. Even then Everything was new and orginal. Techland is amazing. I didn't expect anything and I was blown away. If you hated the game give it another shot.

I didn't always like Skyrim and Little Big Planet 2. I had my hopes too high. After giving it a 2nd try with any expectations I loved both.

If you felt this was "new and original" you didn't play Dead Rising which was a much better game in every way

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The game could have been better with less zombies at main areas. I am getting tired killing same enemies multiple times just for getting access to different locations. Bored of those damn streets of Moresby full of infecteds one time and another and another... Less spam and the game would improve.

Have 1,000 in it.

Ok first @Dzoit. I have 1000 in DR 1 and 200 in both arcade/dlcs of DR2. I also own every DR game out right now. Even then Dead Island is new and orginal. I Love the DR series but I still say Tech Land was onto something.

Techland,being new,could have spent more time on the online aspect.

The randoms are terrible in this game,kicking me for no reason constantly,and or doing there on thing doing quests for me. There is no ''CO OP'' with RANDOMS.

To make matters worse some have discovered how to glitch freeze and kill fellow players.

This game is a blast in CO OP with friends but not with randoms.

The Town of moresby wasnt that good. I did love the Jungle and Island though.

Another complaint is the Story ending. It was so generic and confusing. The final boss I had to look up on Wiki as to why I was fighting him. I had never seen him before in the game at all.

• 5 months later...

Don't understand the Dead Rising comparisons at all, apart from there being zombies.... this is a completely different kind of game.

Game play is good, cracking a zombies skull is sooo satisfying which you can't say about Dead Rising or L4D, the crafting and creating weapons aspect seems really balanced, looking forward to leveling up my character and trying the others out for different play styles, the Island is beautiful so far, about 6 hours in I'm loving it.

First time I played it for some reason I didn't enjoy it , downloaded it for free and gave it another go and I'm hooked. I think the other posters comments about "giving a game a go" I can really relate to. I think the first time I played it I didn't upgrade any weapons or use my skill points and I remember getting to the first Thug and giving up.

• 3 months later...
The only disappointing part for me is the storage there's only 1 place in the entire game to store weapons and the weapon degrades really easily

There is more. No point storing weapons though, by the time you've been out and done the group of quests you have you will have leveled up/found new better weapons anyway.

As for the degrading, thats why you have so many slots.