Can't get past tree branches in Ch. 7

Lord J Rod

I have been trying for days and I can't figure this part out. The first branch is easy, but the 2nd branch and ledge are up way too high to swing to. When I swing I just bump into the middle of the rock and I can't swing around it. I try to jump when I swing but he just lets go of the whip and I fall to my death. This part is impossible and I am really sick of the broken game mechanics and level design of this game any help would be appreciated.

I have been trying for days and I can't figure this part out. The first branch is easy, but the 2nd branch and ledge are up way too high to swing to. When I swing I just bump into the middle of the rock and I can't swing around it. I try to jump when I swing but he just lets go of the whip and I fall to my death. This part is impossible and I am really sick of the broken game mechanics and level design of this game any help would be appreciated.

It's been a LONG time for me so my recollection maybe off, but shouldn't you climb up the whip then swing??

I loved this game btw - nothing broken here.

I figured it out in case anybody else gets stuck here. You have to press up on the d-pad while the whip is connected to the branch. Nice of the game to tell you you can do that! Seriously I probably hate this game more than any other game I've ever played. I just want to finish the single player and get as many achieves as I can and then break this game in half to prevent any other poor bastard ever playing it. It's sheer torture.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem. I jumped like four or five times and then I just started hitting other buttons while on the rope and found the up.

I was not a fan of this game. I cant wait until the 24 hour achievement pops so I can throw this game in the garbage. I will try the next Call of Juarez to see if they fixed all the problems.