High Level Enemies starting TVHM

SuNuS

My cousin just started his TVHM playthrough with Axton and made it through Southern Shelf just fine. When he arrived at Three Horns Divide all enemies were level 49+. He is currently level 38 and cannot progress. He is playing solo BTW.

He traveled to Three Horns Valley and Southpaw Steam and Power to check enemy levels and all enemies are scaled correctly. They only seem to be level 48+ in Three Horns Divide, however he cannot progress the story there due to max level enemies.

If it comes down to it I will obviously help him with that area but if it happens in other places I may not be able to help him with them all due to schedule conflicts. Plus it wouldn't be fun for him to play co-op and not be able to contribute due to level differences.

Any help or solution would be great as this has stopped his progress completely. Thanks in advance guys! :)

I have played through TVHM already and his problem is definitely not normal. All enemies in Three Horns Divide are level 49+ and only in that zone. They are all scaled normally everywhere else it seems.

I just joined his game and helped him finish the missions involving Three Horns Divide and he should be fine now. It was just odd to have level 50's in that zone when every other accessible zone was his level. It's like the game thought he was on playthrough 2.5 but he was only 38.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this so I could relay a fix to him. :)

Hm. That's weird. Enemies in Three Horns Divide don't even scale that high at all unless it's PT2, and even then the very lowest enemies can be is 48 and the average bandit is 50 while badasses are 51/52. I can't say it's a glitch where the game thinks you've beaten the game and thinks PT2.5 has started because the levels don't match up exactly...

Hm. That's weird. Enemies in Three Horns Divide don't even scale that high at all unless it's PT2, and even then the very lowest enemies can be is 48 and the average bandit is 50 while badasses are 51/52. I can't say it's a glitch where the game thinks you've beaten the game and thinks PT2.5 has started because the levels don't match up exactly...

Indeed it is weird. I was chatting with him while he was playing and he had just finished Flynt. When he got to Three Horns Divide he told me that the first pack of Bullymongs were all level 52. I didn't believe it either because they aren't even 52 in my TVHM 2.5 playthrough. But I quickly joined his game and sure enough, they were.

We traveled to all the places immediately accessible and all the enemies were 36-38 with the exception of that one area. He hasn't even finished a character on TVHM yet so I couldn't even guess what the issue could be.

I helped him finish that area so at least he can move on unless another area is like that later on. It was an odd thing so I figured I'd share and look for an answer for him. :)

It's just something with the game. My friend is on 2.5 but enemies in Tundra Express are only in their 30s.

Yeah, such a fantastic game and still has it's share of odd bugs and glitches. It being fantastic is what sets it apart from other games with bugs and glitches galore. The good FAR outweighs the bad! :woop: