Changed Bodyguard achievements

o0EVIL0o x360a

As you stated before Pants, it appears that we can only attain 950 without the DLC at this point. For some god unknown reason they've actually changed two of the original achievements and they happen to be the two I didn't unlock yet!! So unless I get the DLC, I'll never be able to get those two achievements. So how do we officially find out if this is against the M$ terms of service that games MUST have 1000 achievement points for FREE (No DLC counted)

If this is confusing, sorry for that. This is a pretty confusing matter. lol

• 2 weeks later...
No, the achievement now states you need him AND a person from the expansion. I'm guessing the person in the expansion will be just about as hard to get as he was in the original.

Oh, my bad. That's not fun at all then. Well, I'm up on the 65th floor with Miyamoto Musashi. Hopefully I can get it done with him at some point.

Actually, by getting rid of the update, my Xbox now shows the achievements with their old wording (and without the new one) whereas it shows the new achievements on Xbox.com. So, this would lead me to believe that the achievement is not changed if you clear your cache.. I'm going to try to get it and see what happens.

until you download the sw2xl for 2400 points once you get kojiro/katsuie you get there respected achievements:woop: but a hint for unlock them would be to get to lv 75 when u have the interm save go to options then save on new and congrats you have to files on lv 75 of survival:locked

No, the achievement now states you need him AND a person from the expansion. I'm guessing the person in the expansion will be just about as hard to get as he was in the original.

As you stated before Pants, it appears that we can only attain 950 without the DLC at this point. For some god unknown reason they've actually changed two of the original achievements and they happen to be the two I didn't unlock yet!! So unless I get the DLC, I'll never be able to get those two achievements. So how do we officially find out if this is against the M$ terms of service that games MUST have 1000 achievement points for FREE (No DLC counted)

If this is confusing, sorry for that. This is a pretty confusing matter. lol

Do i have some good news for you guys. I just went and unlocked/hired kojiro earlier today and behold, the achievement is now mine. You don't need to unlock both of them, just one. I'm assuming the reason they changed it was because kojiro and katsuie are both playable characters in the new one, so you can't be playing as someone and have the guard be the same person. I have all the updates and everything, and just got kojiro this morning and still got the achievement. So theres no need to be afraid of being stuck in a 950 point limbo. They also obviously can't take away an achievement and make you re-earn it once you download the DLC. So if you wanna get kojiro or katsuie, it's not too late.

Do i have some good news for you guys. I just went and unlocked/hired kojiro earlier today and behold, the achievement is now mine. You don't need to unlock both of them, just one. I'm assuming the reason they changed it was because kojiro and katsuie are both playable characters in the new one, so you can't be playing as someone and have the guard be the same person. I have all the updates and everything, and just got kojiro this morning and still got the achievement. So theres no need to be afraid of being stuck in a 950 point limbo. They also obviously can't take away an achievement and make you re-earn it once you download the DLC. So if you wanna get kojiro or katsuie, it's not too late.

Hey Sergeant Kozy, I sent you an xbox message. Let me and the rest know if it's now easier to unlock the bodyguards and what not.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder then, if you don't need to have the DLC to get the achievement, would you be able to get them by getting the two new guys instead of Kojiro and Katsuie? I have Kojiro, but it was so frustrating that I don't even want to do it again. (Running around half dead and panicking is not my idea of fun.)

Hey, just went by Gamefaqs to do some research and they say that in XL for PS2 at least that while Survival is the same, those two missions to unlock them are gone and the two new guards are already for sale in the shop. Does anyone know anyone with the Japanese DLC who can confirm if its the same if you have the 360 version? Cause suddenly this content is look great to me just to end my misery of not having the last 25 points!!!

I wonder then, if you don't need to have the DLC to get the achievement, would you be able to get them by getting the two new guys instead of Kojiro and Katsuie? I have Kojiro, but it was so frustrating that I don't even want to do it again. (Running around half dead and panicking is not my idea of fun.)

Hey, just went by Gamefaqs to do some research and they say that in XL for PS2 at least that while Survival is the same, those two missions to unlock them are gone and the two new guards are already for sale in the shop. Does anyone know anyone with the Japanese DLC who can confirm if its the same if you have the 360 version? Cause suddenly this content is look great to me just to end my misery of not having the last 25 points!!!

If the DLC allows me to get those last two bodyguard achievements faster, I will be a happy camper. I just rebought the game recently to finish it up so 1250 will look beautiful!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Since nobody has pointed it out in this thread yet, it works both ways; if you DL the expansion, you can grab the 50 points easy just by going into the shop and buying the new guys. No need to mess around with survival.

Be warned, however; they both cost 6400 gold, so it takes a little bit to get the cash.

Thanks Ashande for the tip. The guards in XL are the easiest 50G in the game! I already had like 50,000 gold after doing mercenary mode with Kojiro, so I just hired one guard, started an easy map with him, and did an interim save to unlock one of the achievements. Rinsed and repeated for the second guard. :D:D

Edited by neeker75