Portal reduced (1200 to 600 MSP)

ATHER_07

Is this version any different then the PC one? I played the PC Portal years ago but I would nab this if they added stuff and if the achievements are easy and not impossible.

I can't comment on the "added stuff" portion but the achievements are pretty fun. Not impossible. They aren't story related either, you have to actually do certain tasks, which I think is better.

If the PC version is identical to the Orange Box version then this IS different. There added Advanced Chambers which are reiterations of some of the original chambers (the last 6 I believe) and are made more challenging or.......advanced.

I think it's worth your time just to play through it again for the achievements but that's just me. I actually just played through the game again last week because all this talk about Portal 2 has got me jonesin'.

Enjoy!

was thinking about picking this up. if anyone can, please verify if this is a permanent price drop or for a limited time. no point rushing if i can wait. ( already own orange box)

it's only going to be for a short time, at the lastest until April 19th, which is when Portal 2 comes out, the sales all about Portal 2 coming out so they wouldn't keep it going past then.

I have heard of this offer from the gamer spotlight, and I have bought this game. Great deal this week for me. Although the only problem for me is, I have not played the original Portal from the Orange Box game, but needless to say, I got used to game later on when I played the full game. I'm looking forward for Portal 2. [<3]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
isn't this the exact same thing from half life 2? Just it's own game?

debating on picking it up, just so i dont have to change disks to play it.

It does include the same levels as the version in the Orange Box.

But it also includes 14 new challenge levels, and a new set of achievements for the main story.

I probably would have worn out my Orange Box disk by now if I hadn't picked up Still Alive too. ;)

Anyone know if the price reduction is permanent? I want to pick this game up since I just beat The Orange Box verison but do not want to pay full price for this game if I already own it but also don't have the money right now to pick it up for the 600. I will definitely pick it up next 1600 points I get though if it is going to stay at 600 points.

• 1 year later...