Things you HATE about GH: Aerosmith

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this game should have only been about 40 dollars for the few ass songs it has, and all it is is a damn extension to gh3...theres nothing ''new'' about it. and i hate that you dont get the achievement for playing on songs in the setlist as lead in single player, that it has to be done in multiplayer. bass i can undertsand, but lead should have been obtainable when the career was finished

i think this game should have only been about 40 dollars for the few ass songs it has, and all it is is a damn extension to gh3...theres nothing ''new'' about it. and i hate that you dont get the achievement for playing on songs in the setlist as lead in single player, that it has to be done in multiplayer. bass i can undertsand, but lead should have been obtainable when the career was finished

It was a medium to give you a little bit more before GH4 so there was nothing that was supposed to be new, geez.

You get that achievement in Co-Op career not single player.

Also to every one else the Hammer-ons and pull-offs are realistic so get better at the game and stop complaining.

Also I can get it for 10$, I believe they call it RENTING it.

The only thing I didn't like was the lack of some really good songs.

The ones in GH3 were a lot better imo.

The hammer-ons and pull-offs were made so easy in GH3 you could hit the button 3 seconds before the actual note and get it. They did that because that was the only possible way to beat TTFAF on expert.

Edited by Th3Mask3dM3nac3

If you are complaining about the hammer-ons and pull-offs then I am going to assume you only played guitar hero 3 and not guitar hero 2. When GH3 originally came out people were complaining that the HOs/POs were too easy and that neversoft had ruined the franchise...

As for things I hate:

The fact that there are only 42 songs (assuming you count the guitar battle in career and the bonus song as two seperate songs).

There only 6 tiers in career mode instead of the normal 8 in all previous games.

The game is just too easy. I have never been able to complete the expert career in any guitar hero game or rock band, I did complete it in this. Aerosmith just doesn't do the kind of guitar solos that make the top tier songs difficult in the other games. I think they actually made Train Kept a Rollin' easier in this than it was in rock band.

The character design of Aerosmith. They look as though they were designed to look how they do now, which is old, rather than making them look younger as they were in their prime. Most of the songs in the games are from the mid 70's ot the mid 80's, why not make them look the way they did then?

The disrespect shown towards all bands that are not aerosmith. These other songs are supposed to be by bands chosen by aerosmith, siting them as their inspirations, right? So why is it that they are used as opening acts to aerosmith? Normally an opening act is some little band that no one has ever heard of.

The amount of stuff that is identical to guitar hero 3. The tutorial for instance is exactly the same, with the god of rock and lou giving you instructions. The problem there is that those two characters do not appear in this game so if you have not played guitar hero 3 then you will have no idea who they are! Also, I don't know if this was just my game or if it is a bug on all the discs, but there was no sound for the first portion of the tutorial when I did it.

Lastly, the price. This should have been a budget title priced at $39.99 at most, either that or just released as DLC for guitar hero 3. Previous guitar hero games have had around 60 songs, this only has about 40, so if there are going to be 2/3 as many songs it should only cost 2/3 the price of the previous games.

Edited by Seiryu

i think its a good all round GH game

HO/PO are ok

timing is between GH2 & rockband

the thing what grinds my gears(lol famliy guy quote)

is the lack of song in genral

look how many songs there are in other GH game

they COULD have gave use more for a full priced game

cheers

A few thing annoyed me a little but in general, its a really fun game!

The fretboard when playing as Aerosmith means its easy not to see some notes when you are in star power or they are HO/PO's.

I missed so many notes on my first song because of this! I had to move closer to the television :o.

Also "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" isn't on the game :(. It may not be a very suitable song for GH but I prefer playing songs I actually love rather than songs with massive solos and hard-rocking riffs.

Still, this game makes me :rock.

The hammer-ons and pull-offs kind of annoy me. I've played plenty of GH 2 & 3 (never got to play the first) and I think this game has the worst HO/PO out of them all. GH2 had the best HO/PO imo. I just feel like I'm missing notes when I shouldn't be. I'm very close to having all 5* in GH2 and 3 so I consider myself an above average player. I just have a lot random misses, maybe I need to calibrate it or something I dunno, it's not a big deal.

What really annoys me is having to play through the career so many times to buy everything. I did a run through of every difficulty to 5* everthing and unlock all the guitars, then did another expert play through and I'm still not even close to having everything.

Other than that it's a decent game, rental at best unless you are a diehard Aerosmith or Guitar Hero fan. I'm just glad I Gamefly'd it.

On the whole it's a solid GH game. If you're an Aerosmith fan there's a lot to like here with the little documentary-like movies and trivia.

Songs by Aerosmith were generally well chosen, although I would've liked to seen a few more from their albums from the late 80's/early 90's (Pump, Permanent Vacation, and Get a Grip).

The non-Aero songs were hit and miss. One of the reasons I rented this game was to play "I Hate Myself for Lovin You", but OTOH songs like Sex Type Thing seem very out of place. The fact that many were covers was also disapointing (c'mon, you can't get the Black Crowes to grant permission to use their version of Hard to Handle?) The "extra" tracks were average as well with so many Joe Perry Project tracks.

And of course then there's the price. Obviously this game is overpriced, given that it has little more than half the number of songs in GH3 yet costs the same. Knock $20 off of it and it'd be priced perfectly. People are blasting Neversoft & Activision for milking the cash cow that is GH, rather than doing more DLC for GH3, but y'know what, the nice thing about this game is that I can rent it, enjoy it for a week or two, then return it and it'll cost me maybe $10. In RB if I want 40 or so new songs I have to purchase them as DLC which would A) likely cost in the neighbourhood of $60 in MS points, and B) I can't return them when I'm bored with them and want something else new. You gotta remember too, in this one you're not just paying $60 for the new tracks, but also for the interview videos, new characters, achievements, etc. Still not worth the money, but not as lopsided as many (particularly those who are RB fans) think.

As for difficulty, it is clearly much easier than GH3. I play with a standard 360 controller and not the guitar, and in GH3 I've managed to get good enough to 5* everying on medium, but still haven't been able to best hard (usually getting 3 or 4 stars at most on the songs I have done). In GH:A I started off on hard, and aside from Mama Kin I never had to retry a single song, and 5* more songs than I didn't (the only song I didn't get at least 4* on was Mama Kin as well). Personally I think the difficulty level is appropriate given that I really think they were intending on targeting more of a casual audience with this one than GH3 which was clearly more "hardcore".

All-in-all, I've really enjoyed it. I wouldn't pay $60 for it, but as a rental it's a great game.

Edited by Pedle Zelnip