The Skyrim Glitch Thread (Discuss All Glitches Here!)

Method

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got the game last night and started playing this morning. In the first mission i was climbing down the rocks and ended up jumping to my death. when i landed, it said "to embershard mine" on my screen. I re-spawned and its been in the middle of my screen ever since. Even after going through other missions and having dialogs with other characters.

Getting a little annoying

-xICooRsYIx

• 2 weeks later...

*Spoiller Alert*

I was doing some random quest for the vamps on dawnguard a minute ago, where I had to clear out the dungeon called Morvunskar because it was infested with feral vampires. First thing's first, I have already cleared this dungeon once and had no trouble with it that time around, so I just went steaming in thinking "oh this will be a walk..."

Well... I get to the end of the dungeon and walk into some sorta dining room to find the daedric prince Sanguine, beating on some mages and killing my target for me. When he finished killing the enemies, he turned on me and started smashing me in the face with some sorta mace. The weird thing is, none of his attacks did any damage to me and vice verse when I attacked him.

WTF? Has this ever happened to anybody else?

• 2 weeks later...

While grinding the quests to restore the Thieves guild, every time I accepted a job, it would take forever to register and get added to the quest log. often I had to retake the job from Delvin or Vex. About midway through I realized that if you accept the job, wait a few seconds and bring up the actions menu, the quest log would update immediately.

Ive had multiple glitches while riding the horse, Shadowmere. Once, while fighting a dragon, the dragon did a dive bomb thing and Shadowmere was forced completely into the ground. My character's legs were partially in the ground too. As soon as I fast traveled, it was fine. Later, I dismounted while fighting a dragon and Shadowed charged. He ended up on top of the dragon, which then proceeded to fly away. I found shadowmere's body later on the road to Morthal (I was originally in Whiterun).

I think I am stuck in Werewolf form. I was a werewolf for about an hour and a half, just wreaking havoc and eating things to unlock all the perks, and now I have been standing in the same spot for nearly an hour without feeding, and I am not changing back...? Anyone know how to fix this one?

EDIT: Haha just as I finished writing this I changed back. Wow, I must have eaten a lot of hearts.

Edited by BluWolve

This one is annoying....so while doing the quest "First Lessons" at the College of Winterhold, I was at the part where you have to take a tour and follow Mirabelle around. Well, a dragon decided to land right in the middle of the college while I was taking the tour. I killed it, but afterwards I had discovered that Mirabelle had just decided to go to bed. Now, whenever I try to talk to her to continue the tour, she simply says "After I finish showing you around, we can talk." The problem is she isn't giving the tour, she's just doing her daily routine now. I can't do anything to get through to her, and don't have any backup saves from before the dragon attack. It's very frustrating because I'm trying to get into Saarthal to complete a different quest and need it unlocked after completing First Lessons."

I just got stuck in the crouched stealth position. It wasn't registered as me being in stealth as the cursor was normal (as if I was stood normally) but when I went into 3rd person I could clearly see my character was crouching down and when I went to sprint, instead I did a stealth roll. Funny thing is, I don't even have the stealth roll perk.

I had to re-load a previous save to fix this.

i just downloaded dragonborn,so i went to the main menu and pressed start. the game then started reading downloaded content then froze, this has now happpened 5 time any ideas?

Clear your system cache and re-update your game, this can also shorten the notoriously long loading screens.

Clear your system cache and re-update your game, this can also shorten the notoriously long loading screens.

okay i just tried this and it did not work so i deleted then re-downloaded dragonborn after clearing some harddrive space since i used to have 10 gb free so maybe the harddrive is on it way out thank you for the info anyway

edit: the game works now the fault was most likly the hard drive space seems to me running skyrim requires at least 10gb free

Edited by Reven Wolfe

• 1 month later...
fighting the first dragon battle, and I saved as i was killed it glitched and I cant get out of dying instantly

and that was my only save, no autosaves either

Not exactly a glitch, just poor timing when it comes to saving. Can't understand why you'd have no auto save data, you should never delete these. It should automatically keep 3 auto saves and however many manual saves you want. Never stick to just the 1.

You will have to start again from the beginning, there is no other option. Next time you play a game, be aware of what I said above.

*Spoiller Alert*

I was doing some random quest for the vamps on dawnguard a minute ago, where I had to clear out the dungeon called Morvunskar because it was infested with feral vampires. First thing's first, I have already cleared this dungeon once and had no trouble with it that time around, so I just went steaming in thinking "oh this will be a walk..."

Well... I get to the end of the dungeon and walk into some sorta dining room to find the daedric prince Sanguine, beating on some mages and killing my target for me. When he finished killing the enemies, he turned on me and started smashing me in the face with some sorta mace. The weird thing is, none of his attacks did any damage to me and vice verse when I attacked him.

WTF? Has this ever happened to anybody else?

I assume that's something to do with the quest for "a night to remember" to get the sanguine rose. You'd probably started it and not carried on with it, meaning sanguine's waiting there for you. Not sure why he attacked you but he's probably set to not be able to harm you as he'd split you in half in one go, him being a "god" and all. Obviously yours won't do much to him either. Is there much chance you hit him several times during the fight with the mages?

• 2 weeks later...
Anytime I fast travel to Whiterun a dead Revered Dragon that still has its skin on, not just bones, drops from the sky and can land in the oddest of places. Not griping about it any way, just thought it was funny

Teleporting corpses are funny, I think the skin being rendered is a coding bug that happens when loading.

I once fast-traveled to Riverwood and the blacksmith's house failed to load, just the house, there was a floating door, forge and everything; saving and reloading tends to fix a large sum of these glitches.