Burnout Paradise DLC Won't Lock Out Cheapskates

Jdm

Burnout Paradise DLC Won't Lock Out Cheapskates

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/02/paradise.jpg

Speaking with MTV, EA have taken the unusual step (at least for them) in assuring Burnout Paradise players that future DLC for the title won't split the online community between those who opt to buy the DLC and those who don't. Issuing a written statement, they explain:

It's our intention to extend the life of Burnout with additional DLC in the near future. As mentioned, we don't want to split the online community between those that have content and those that don't. Our intention is to offer both free and paid for DLC in a way that enables everyone to 'see' the content, even if they have not paid for it.

They wouldn't elaborate on what exactly that meant. Which means I'm just going to speculate that they'll open up new areas of the map for you to drive around, but unless you pay for the DLC, you won't be able to trigger any of the events contained within.

http://kotaku.com/354060/burnout-paradise-dlc-wont-lock-out-cheapskates

That idea is kinda cool with the DLC! Trying not to split the community in half with cant pay and can pay. I think it'll be somekinda trial thing. You can look around the new areas and play around with new cars, but you wont get the new events, and wont permanently have the new cars.

I imagine it will be like crackdown where as long as the host had the paid download content everyone else will be able to use it. PGR4 does the same thing with car packs, the free download is exactly the same download as the paid download so if the host has paid for the car pack everyone else can use the cars as well. It's a great way to do it. You can try before you buy.

• 3 weeks later...