Glitched achievement...

subject117

I just found out that the beat the game on hard mode achievement is glitched somehow... I just beat every level on hard mode, and no achievement...

Well, it appears I just found the glitch AND the solution! I had beaten all levels on hard, that's for sure. The FIRST level I went back and played on hard was the last level. Then, I played through the entire game starting from the first level. I had complete all levels on hard and no achievement... So, I thought maybe I need to finish the last level again to get it. I did, and no achievement. That is when I posted this. Upset, I went back in there and triple checked I had all levels. I did. The only thing I thought I did weird was skip the cut scenes at the end. So I played again and beat the last level again. I skipped the first cut scene out of habit, then right after the FMV started playing the achievement popped. No idea why, but if you run into this, try it out. 1000!

I just had to do the very first level again for it to unlock. That's been the key for me and at least a couple other people.

Well yeah thats what a buddy of mine told me, but before I had the chance to try that method it unlocked. What I did was play the last level twice on hard without skipping credits then play last level on normal skipping credits and it popped lol. I don't know how this worked but I'm glad it popped thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I think I have figured this out. i think you have to beat it all in one sitting for it to unlock. For the guys who said they went back to the first lvl and it unlocked. Did you start on hard after normal just to see the plasma rifle and then call it a night after the lvl was over. I played to the 2nd lvl after normal so to get the HARD AS NAILS achievement I went back to the 2nd and beat it and got it. So either beat it in one sitting or beat it and then play the lvl you had quit on previously. Hope this helps.

Ok I think I have figured this out. i think you have to beat it all in one sitting for it to unlock. For the guys who said they went back to the first lvl and it unlocked. Did you start on hard after normal just to see the plasma rifle and then call it a night after the lvl was over. I played to the 2nd lvl after normal so to get the HARD AS NAILS achievement I went back to the 2nd and beat it and got it. So either beat it in one sitting or beat it and then play the lvl you had quit on previously. Hope this helps.

I can confirm this! I had been playing through on HARD and got to the turret level with the two T-Rex and had some troubles so I took a break. I came back and continued through on my hard play through and beat the game but didn't get the achievement. I went back and played that same level all the way through on HARD and the achievement unlocked.

So, you must complete each level from start to finish without quiting. If you quit during a level and continue it later, you might as well choose to restart the level to get credit.

I'm now having that problem. Played the last level twice and no achievement. Going back again. Luckily, that last level is easy.

EDIT:

I just had to do the very first level again for it to unlock. That's been the key for me and at least a couple other people.
It just unlocked for me after replaying the 1st level. I replayed the last one 4 times and nothing. Thanks for that info. Edited by Wanz1
new info

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...