Horrible loading times

OceanH

Three times the game locked up on me completely, forcing me to restart the 360. Entering the outside world is more often than not accompanied by 20 seconds or so of the framerate slowing to an absolute slide show. Load times regularly hover between 25 and 50 seconds, in spite of a full hard drive installation.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/19/fallout-new-vegas-review/

Seriously? I finished Fallout 3 on PC and the loadings were a split second to a second and they were no longer than a couple of seconds when I played it on PS3 GOTY.

mine crashed once other than that its fine APART from the actual loading screens,. even after installing to hdd they are alot longer than fallout 3.

He's right, load times are a disaster. My current play time is 31.29.05 and that doesn't include load times and reloads from old saves after death.

Damn you Obsidian :mad:

One review = one person having problems. Remember that.

I'll only care when I see a flood on the forums.

It's only one review and his Xbox 360 is probably dieing lol

From Giant Bomb (that's another review):

The game--a retail disc running on a new-model Xbox 360--crashed on me about a dozen times over the 33 hours I spent playing, often taking a significant amount of progress with it. The load times and frame rate seemed to get randomly worse as I continued to play the game, with some simple scene transitions taking 20 seconds or more. The technical hurdles you'll have to make to stay interested in New Vegas are meaner and more frustrating than any Deathclaw or Nightkin you'll face in the game. If you're the type of person who likes to watch for a patch or two before settling into a game, know this now: you probably don't want to play Fallout: New Vegas right away.

http://www.giantbomb.com/fallout-new-vegas/61-25933/reviews/

People= the PC is a lot tougher than the Xbox, the only problem with companies is that they don't give the full support to the PC, they're Gambling in which console their game will be better in. lame>_<.. so no comparing.

Gamble? X360 over PS3, coding is way easier but Obsidian fucked it up.

by the way, the loading and crashing seems so frequent on all copies, how the fuck could they release a game like that unnoticed?!

Three times the game locked up on me completely, forcing me to restart the 360. Entering the outside world is more often than not accompanied by 20 seconds or so of the framerate slowing to an absolute slide show. Load times regularly hover between 25 and 50 seconds, in spite of a full hard drive installation.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/19/fallout-new-vegas-review/

Seriously? I finished Fallout 3 on PC and the loadings were a split second to a second and they were no longer than a couple of seconds when I played it on PS3 GOTY.

Umm dude i dont kno what your problem is but I didnt experience ANY shitty loading times last night when i was playing

I've played the game through completion and really started noticing the load times about halfway through. It feels like eventually you start unlocking so much of the map, that every time you need to reload to a new area, it has to reload everything and take foreeeeeeeever. Load times are definitely a bummer near the end, and I've experienced at least 5-6 hard locks that required a restart of my 360.

Installed on an a new 360 model console, too. Still shouldn't detract from what is otherwise a great game, but the technical problems definitely bog it down some. I expect it to be a common complaint.

I must be one of the lucky ones. Granted, I only have like 6 hours on it so far, but I have yet to experience any freezing or crashing, and the loading times aren't terrible. (i mean, c'mon though. it's a freaking large, open world game. Loading times aren't going to be lightning quick) And I don't even have it installed onto my hard drive yet.

I think the only real problem that I have had, is that I haven't had enough time to play it yet, haha.

About the freezing issues:

There are even complete game freezes, usually after prolonged play sessions, though Bethesda assures us that this is a known issue and a day-one patch will fix it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-19-fallout-new-vegas-review?page=3

So hopefully this will be fixed in a few days. Only I'm guessing it will be Obsidian who'll be doing the fixing and not Bethesda. The loading times will probably stay the same I'm afraid. I've read a couple of reviews now and most of them mentions long loading times, which only gets longer the farther into the game you get...

But who cares - it's a new Fallout game :woop:

OH my gd! the one thing we fall out fans ask the developer hey how about you come out with a game that doesnt freeze or lock up, wait whats this you say only a few people will get this problem, well Fu#$ you, make a game that will run for everyone and that is a finished and polished product! come on this is pissing me off! if i play and it freezes !

Gamble? X360 over PS3, coding is way easier but Obsidian fucked it up.

by the way, the loading and crashing seems so frequent on all copies, how the fuck could they release a game like that unnoticed?!

don't rush your talk if you didn't understand what i was talking about.

first this is an Xbox website, who the hell mentioned anything about the ps3?

i was talking about how people compare the Xbox with the PC software that seems to be dreadful, PC doesn't have any limits, games were designed by the PC, so if your PC has a high Specifications, then there is no way in hell the game would crush..

and besides these certain problems that some of the users encounter have reasons, maybe because they didn't installed the game, or whatever else.

because some of them didn't even encounter them.

Ive only logged 7.5 hours thus far....also I installed it to the hard drive and...

the load times are at least way better than dead rising 2. and entering/exiting buildings only seems to take but 3-5 seconds.

In my time thus far Ive had the game freeze on me twice....thankfully both were but a minute or 2 after I manually saved (and Im manually saving often for Ive read much about this game's technical glitches.

Before I installed new vegas to my HDD it was seriously freezing once an hour and it seemed like the loading screens were at least a minute or a minute and a half. After installing it to the HDD it only freezes once a day and the loading times are better.

It shouldn't be a huge surprise, Obsidian ALWAYS releases buggy games, typically sequels to less buggy games.

Knights of the Old Republic 2, WAAAAAAAAY buggier than the original KOTOR which Bioware made.

Neverwinter Nights 2 literally took over 15 patches to fix basic bugs that were in at retail. When you're 15 full size patches in and your bug fix list is STILL like 40 items long for a singleplayer RPG, you've made a buggy product. NWN1, which Bioware made in house, had bugs but certainly not as bad as NWN2.

Obsidian's original game, Alpha Protocol? Yeah, if you've ever played that, you know exactly how insanely buggy it was.

So I'm not surprised that New Vegas turned out as buggy as it did. I've never played an Obsidian developed game that wasn't. That said, I haven't experienced the massive issues many people have, so my experience has been fairly smooth so far.