Games you are selling and why.

Deadsea 1993

Why? Why would you expect them to pay you more then half the original price for a used game, that was close to being a year old, with it's successor coming out shortly? This boggles my mind.

That's what I don't get. The plain ignorance that gamers have when it comes to dealing with GameStop. I don't work for the company, I never have, and most likely, never will. But I understand the basic idea of a business, which is to buy at low cost and sell at a high profit. I also understand that no one, be it GameStop or some slub on Ebay, would pay top dollar for a second hand item.

Why do gamers have this idea that GameStop should pay them what they think a game is worth?

Ok man you are right. There are you happy. Lets stay on topic. You are bringing up Gamestop rants too much now. The guy said he expected more and thats his opnion.

Ontopic-I might give Kane and lynch 2 another try. I'm halfway to the 1,000. Only on lvl 2 on EXTREME difficulty already a broken piece of **** game. I hate how I clear a room and a guy comes outta no were,oh wait he didn't the graphics are grainy so its hard to see. Then I gotta restart and clear the room all over again. :mad: So yeah. One more try cause I like beating HARD games but not Broken ones. :uzi::drunk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Deadsea18 & Dexter010

The only problem with trading and your lists is that you're probably looking at around thirty-five dollars for everything on them, maybe an extra few bucks if you get a stellar trade-in bonus somewhere. I have a few of the games on those lists and have considered selling them myself but the trade-in is around a dollar or two and it doesn't even seem worth it. Alot of places probably won't even buy those old sports games and if they do it's gonna be for a quarter. Think of handing that whole pile over and then kicking in thirty dollars to walk out with one new game. The only real way to win with selling is to trade-in while a game is very new or sell it on eBay or something. It kinda sucks.

We've a shop called GameMania here in The Netherlands. You can trade/sell your games overthere and for exchange you get points on your account which can give you extra stuff for a game or that you don't have to pay the full price for a game. I've done this for 3 times now and I always got newer and better games back for it.

Ok man you are right. There are you happy. Lets stay on topic. You are bringing up Gamestop rants too much now. The guy said he expected more and thats his opnion.

So you're saying, it's okay that EVERYONE ELSE brings up GameStop and gives their opinion on the company, but when I do it, it's a rant? What? :biglaugh

This is the first time I've seen a Gamestop apologist. Are we in the Twilight Zone?

Yes, yes we are.

Oh, btw Jedi while I semi-OT, am going to be trading in my old jasper rig and some done-with games over the next week for Da da da da daaaaaa!!!

Cybertron!

You in for some Escalation? (I know took me long enough ;))

Yes, yes we are.

Oh, btw Jedi while I semi-OT, am going to be trading in my old jasper rig and some done-with games over the next week for Da da da da daaaaaa!!!

Cybertron!

You in for some Escalation? (I know took me long enough ;))

You're cutting it close, I almost sold it last week. :p

I'm totally down for some Escalation. Just say the word, and I'm there.

Rage: although I did like the game a lot I have finished it 3 times. I went thru it again on hard with the new dlc.

AC brotherhood: really good game I am just finished with it.

Dead space: I have finished this game twice. I am getting one more cheevo and then I'm done.

Fuck Gamestop. So much, so, so, much. Selling on Ebay is 98,414,938x better, as you'll always get that ONE guy who bids a crazy amount in the last 5 seconds in order to snag your game :p With that said, I'm selling these games this summer to get cash towards Splinter Cell: Blacklist and GTAV

• Resident Evil 6
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations

Probably gonna list the first two for $25, and AC:R for $12. Let's hope they sell!

Fuck Gamestop. So much, so, so, much. Selling on Ebay is 98,414,938x better, as you'll always get that ONE guy who bids a crazy amount in the last 5 seconds in order to snag your game :p With that said, I'm selling these games this summer to get cash towards Splinter Cell: Blacklist and GTAV

• Resident Evil 6
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations

Probably gonna list the first two for $25, and AC:R for $12. Let's hope they sell!

Yeah I thought about it and yeah Im going for EBAY after all. I'll get more $ that way.

The better question for me would be which games are you keeping. I am just finishing up Hitman Absolution. The contracts achievements were fun and easy, but the single play was so boring to me. I had to force myself to finish it.

I also am working on Dead Space 3, Forza 3 and KoA: Reckoning. Once I'm done with them they will be on eBay.

The better question for me would be which games are you keeping. I am just finishing up Hitman Absolution. The contracts achievements were fun and easy, but the single play was so boring to me. I had to force myself to finish it.

I also am working on Dead Space 3, Forza 3 and KoA: Reckoning. Once I'm done with them they will be on eBay.

You didn't like Hitman Absolutions story? I thought the storyline was interesting and the level designs and challenges were awesome.

You didn't like Hitman Absolutions story? I thought the storyline was interesting and the level designs and challenges were awesome.

It just felt poorly put together....I liked the story itself but it just didn't suck me in. I'm a big stealth fan, but some of the things in this game bother me. Like what is the point of disguises? Even when I change an outfit I'm still spotted...and whats the point of a silencer if the enemy always hears it.

The better question for me would be which games are you keeping.

LOL. I still aim to sell Revelations,Kane and lynch 2,Medal of honor 2010

But I wanna 1000 them first. Im more then halfway done in MOH on Tier 1 mode so after that Ill get 100 GS,other then that the stated above all i have to do is BOOST.

Im gonna add Brotherhood to the list. Again after I boost and get my 1000 im done with it. Loved it,but did all i want in it. Looks like im keeping ACII and AC1 out of my current AC collection as they are my favorites.

I almost always put my games on eBay in bundles of at least 10 games and they usually sell for around $125. I put a few triple A titles (Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc.) to make the bundle more attractive and lots of underrated/cheap games.

I'm either selling these games because they have no more replay value, have no known plans for future DLC, or I've no interest in them:

[spoiler=123]

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

BioShock 2

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Darksiders 2

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Hitman: Absolution

RAGE

Rocksmith (the cable that connects the guitar to the Xbox doesn't work)

SAW

Sniper Elite V2

Viva Pinata

• 4 weeks later...
I almost always put my games on eBay in bundles of at least 10 games and they usually sell for around $125. I put a few triple A titles (Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc.) to make the bundle more attractive and lots of underrated/cheap games

Yeah thats what im doing man. 13 games I aim to sell them for ATLEAST 100$ for all of them or more on Ebay.

Hell then i can buy some games with that money that I actually like. Theres no point in me just looking at unplayed games that i dont like on my shelf. They just get in the way. Yeah ill take the loss as most of the games were way more then that and good thing i treat my games like diamonds. Meaning no scratches and all have orginal game manuals with them.