Golden Idol Detailed Guide/Help Thread

Sniper Riflez

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question, when replaying old chapters for specific shots I've noticed that a lot of them aren't checked off. Do the shots count by just discovering them or do they need to be checkmarked also?

Having them checked off doesn't matter! As long as the bar is highlighted and the name of the Skillshot is shown then you've unlocked it.

Occasions like this happen for 2 reasons. 1 - You do another |Chapter like yourself and 2 - You get a new Skillshot, then die before a checkpoint can register it. So when you get pushed back to your last checkpoint save it it won't be ticked off but will be highlighted and named to say you've found out what it is.

Having a Skillshot highlighted and its name revealed but no ticked off is pretty much the same as it being checked off. Its just not the final seal of approval!

Hehehe got the achievements then saw this guide. I'll list the environmental Skillshots here for Anarchy player to get the achievement for that:

Not in Kansas-Kick somebody into the Tornado on Dead Rock

Meatspin-Knock an enemy into the revolving doors on Grand Central

Flattery-Knock an enemy into the elevator shaft and pull the elevator down on them in Grand Central

Make a Wish-Knock an enemy into the fountain on Grand Central

Midnight Express-Knock an enemy into the path of the moving monorails on Grand Central

Fish Chow-Send an enemy into the waterfall on Junkyard

Man Crush-Send an enemy into the crushers on Junkyard

Nom Nom Nom-Knock an enemy into the dinosaur skull on Dead Rock

Blood Fountain-Knock an enemy into the river on Waterworks

Royal Flush-Knock an enemy into the water tubes on Waterworks

Ground Chuck-Knock an enemy into the Grinders on Power Plant

Blood Bath-Knock an enemy into the Juicers on Turbine

*EDIT* My bad, didn't notice it was already here but these are the only ones you need to get if you want the Environment Master Achievement

Edited by tehayshun

Stringer - CHARGED: Suspend a drilled enemy mid-air, then kick him into another enemy.

Leash an enemy (preferably a burnout) towards you, fired a charged shot into his stomach and when an enemy is behind him, kick him and it should kill the one behind.

The first time I saw this skillshot listed as stringer (it has been all over the place), I thought that perhaps I had been mistaken when I read it in-game. However, I double-checked the other day and sure enough, it is stinger.

S-T-no R-I-N-G-E-R. Stinger. :p

Hehehe got the achievements then saw this guide. I'll list the environmental Skillshots here for Anarchy player to get the achievement for that:

Not in Kansas-Kick somebody into the Tornado on Dead Rock

Meatspin-Knock an enemy into the revolving doors on Grand Central

Flattery-Knock an enemy into the elevator shaft and pull the elevator down on them in Grand Central

Make a Wish-Knock an enemy into the fountain on Grand Central

Midnight Express-Knock an enemy into the path of the moving monorails on Grand Central

Fish Chow-Send an enemy into the waterfall on Junkyard

Man Crush-Send an enemy into the crushers on Junkyard

Nom Nom Nom-Knock an enemy into the dinosaur skull on Dead Rock

Blood Fountain-Knock an enemy into the river on Waterworks

Royal Flush-Knock an enemy into the water tubes on Waterworks

Ground Chuck-Knock an enemy into the Grinders on Power Plant

Blood Bath-Knock an enemy into the Juicers on Turbine

*EDIT* My bad, didn't notice it was already here but these are the only ones you need to get if you want the Environment Master Achievement

Check the very first post on this page :p

Very noobish question,

I played through the game and got over 75% of the SS. I tried going back to a earlier chapter to work on ones I was missing but saw they were all locked and I didn't even have to correct guns needed.

Whats the best/easiest/proper way to go about getting missed SS after beating the game?

Thanks.

Very noobish question,

I played through the game and got over 75% of the SS. I tried going back to a earlier chapter to work on ones I was missing but saw they were all locked and I didn't even have to correct guns needed.

Whats the best/easiest/proper way to go about getting missed SS after beating the game?

Thanks.

Just replay some of the later chapters, al weapons are unlocked once you find a Dropkit and you start with enough SP to buy all weapons and upgrades.

You only need to do the SS which don't have the name next to them, the ticks/checks don't matter.

Air Strike - Impale a thumped enemy into a standing enemy.

Act 6 Chapter 3, when you get ambushed by the Burnouts, thump an enemy and shoot him with a CHARGED drill, another Burnout should jump over the fence while the thumped one is still airborne, press RT on the one who has just jumped over the fence.

This didn't work at all for me. The enemies would die from being flinged up into the ceiling. Also, if you let go of the trigger then the enemy goes flying.

What I did was on Act 7 Chapter 1

When you get to the area with the first mini-boss, thump the enemies around and choose the closest one to the boss. Charge shot the enemy while still holding :rtbut: and quickly aim your reticle on the boss, and let go of :rtbut:.

How do you do

GunSlinger - Score two or more FAST DRAWs or SNAPSHOTs in a row.

Just have a bunch of enemies running at you and aim away from them, then quickly aim towards their heads and keep firing. Even without headshots you can pull this off but they will make things easier. The trick is the reticle isn't red, then right when it's red you start getting kills.

There is an easy place to get head slicer. Go to the act 2.2? (worst family fun vacation ever) and get to the point where you see the dinosaur in the hole while Ishi is opening the door. Go through the door and kill the four green guys who run down the stairs. At the top of the stairs there are two guys covering and firing at you. The guy on the left is covering behind a glass window supported by thin bars. Wait for him to take cover by the edge of the door and fire the flail at the edge of the door at the height of his head, it should swing round and get the shot. If you miss, restart checkpoint and you'll return at the dinosaur bit. Took me two attempts.

Penetrator

Wingmen - Impale two or more airbone enemies with a single drill

Act 6 Chapter 3, thump a 2 or more enemies and hit one with a CHARGED drill shot and quickly lock onto another enemy and press RT.

i didn't look through this whole thread, but can someone suggest another area for this? i'm assuming it's referring to the part where you're ambushed by the burnouts, like the other penetrator skillshots. however it is not possible there. there are too many environmental hazards. everytime i use the thumper i get nothing but flyswatter and voodoo doll skillshots. two enemies never survive in the air together.

Just have a bunch of enemies running at you and aim away from them, then quickly aim towards their heads and keep firing. Even without headshots you can pull this off but they will make things easier. The trick is the reticle isn't red, then right when it's red you start getting kills.

Anyone have any good suggestions on where to do this?

Stringer - CHARGED: Suspend a drilled enemy mid-air, then kick him into another enemy.

Leash an enemy (preferably a burnout) towards you, fired a charged shot into his stomach and when an enemy is behind him, kick him and it should kill the one behind.

Drilldo - CHARGED: Ram two or more enemies during a slide with the charged weapon.

Act 6 Chapter 2, activate the charged shot and slide into a group of Burnouts, if you kill 2 in 1 slide it will unlock.

my last two.

for drilldo, you just need to kill 2 ppl by sliding into them? you don have to shoot the drill, just charge it?

for stringer, i seem to have an issue with the first guy. he isnt always level with the second guy.