New 'Hot fix' implemented today

ColdSpider72

Just FYI from the GBX forum: (From ChrisF/GBX community manager)

A series of hot fixes for Borderlands 2 are now rolling out. Information on exactly what a hot fix is, as well as what they address, can be found below.

Quote:

A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent -- they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up.

An update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.

Hot Fixes

(PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

FEB 12:

- Mechromancer's Prodigy class mod now correctly increases reload speed.

- Seraph Gear from Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC re-balanced to be more powerful.

- Sir Hammerlock DLC: Arizona no longer refuses to spawn if players are too far away.

FEB 5: (Thanks to user: Heavydwayne)

Commando's Rifleman, Gunner and Shock Trooper class mods now correctly increase kill skill bonuses.

• Increased Shock Spike shield damage by addressing issue where it was not being calculated properly.
  • Clients are now able to see explosions caused by Norfleets in multiplayer.
  • Thermitage (Sir Hammerlock DLC) is now friendlier and will no longer refuse to come play with some players.

January 29, 2013

- Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.

- Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.

- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.

- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.

- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.

Nothing really controversial, however, I like the last two fixes in paticular (finding all that missing loot after bar runs was friggin annoying and the torgue weapons showing as 50 is overdue).

Here is a link to the original fix listing: http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-xbox-360-update-information/

Edited by ColdSpider72

- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.

LoL

- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.

Always wondered about that, just saw an unkept Harold in one.

But what will it screw up in the process?

Hopefully nothing, and if it does, with it being part of a hot fix system, they will be able to change/remove anything that causes trouble within a few hours of it being found... (not that it'll work that way)

those little bastards kept coming from nowhere and stealing my cash.

I actually got stuck behind some stairs trying to get my money back from where a little shite had dropped it!

All I know is that I had an update on Saturday night (that neither of the other 2 people I was playing with got) and when I loaded up the game, it removed all my Badass ranks and heads/skins.

So that hasn't gone away...

Granted, it gave me 171 Badass Tokens to spend (still don't know if that is all I earned, however) but I still lost the heads/skins - including the ones I got for buying a special edition. I dunno if I want to bother to spend the tokens in case it happens again, tho'. And instead of the 24 Golden Keys I'd collected, I now have 11. So it somehow managed to lose 13 of those for me, too.

So update away Gearbox, let's see if you can bring this whole fucking game to a crashing halt.

A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent -- they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up.

All I can say is this is good news. Here's hoping that Gearbox uses these 'hot fixes' to their advantage while we await certification on patches and such...

I knew the Rat Thieves in Pete's Bar were QUITE annoying, but didn't think there was much 'stink' behind that, but sure am glad they made this change.

What else can we be vocal about in hopes for a 'hot fix'? haha

All I know is that I had an update on Saturday night (that neither of the other 2 people I was playing with got) and when I loaded up the game, it removed all my Badass ranks and heads/skins.

So that hasn't gone away...

Granted, it gave me 171 Badass Tokens to spend (still don't know if that is all I earned, however) but I still lost the heads/skins - including the ones I got for buying a special edition. I dunno if I want to bother to spend the tokens in case it happens again, tho'. And instead of the 24 Golden Keys I'd collected, I now have 11. So it somehow managed to lose 13 of those for me, too.

So update away Gearbox, let's see if you can bring this whole fucking game to a crashing halt.

This has happened to me 4-6 times already, I've completely given up on skins/heads/vehicle skins. At least I get my tokens back, but applying 300+ tokens gets annoying after a while.

This has happened to me 4-6 times already, I've completely given up on skins/heads/vehicle skins. At least I get my tokens back, but applying 300+ tokens gets annoying after a while.

Wow. That's alot. How do you keep going with this game? I would guess realotting the tokens the first time would be kind of fun but four to six times later? I can see how that could be a bit irritating.

Wow. That's alot. How do you keep going with this game? I would guess realotting the tokens the first time would be kind of fun but four to six times later? I can see how that could be a bit irritating.

Having bought the season pass, which I now know was a terrible mistake, I'm just waiting for the last crappy DLC. Once completed, I'm putting this game up for good.

Having bought the season pass, which I now know was a terrible mistake, I'm just waiting for the last crappy DLC. Once completed, I'm putting this game up for good.

There are quite a lot of us now with this same attitude.

And I'm weighing whether or not I'll bother with the 5th DLC that'll actually raise the level cap and have more than three achievements, if Gearbox decide to do that.

And given how they've treated the community thus far, I wouldn't put it past them to go that route. Especially since we've been pretty vocal (the community as a whole, not just this site) about how tepid the DLC has been and I'm convinced that has cost them sales of the season pass.

Also, when I was playing last night, the game started granting me random challenges that I'd already completed before my Badass ranks had been reset. For instance, it suddenly decided to give me all 5 levels of "For the Hoard" even though I only had a little over $2 million in my bank. It even gave me the Badass ranks, which netted me 2 more Badass Tokens and the Vitamin C skin you get at Level 3. Which was one of the few skins I didn't lose, apparently because it was already unlocked.

Wow. Just, wow.

Just FYI from the GBX forum: (From ChrisF/GBX community manager)

Hot Fixes

(PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

Quote:

That's a pretty good temporary fix for me, the rest...not so interested!

good riddance you rat bastards!! i cant count how much money i lost to them, and how many rares and potential Legendary drops they've stolen from me.

and i pray that gearbox keep using this system, other companies should take note, these are annoying problems they've fixed, but rather than make us wait till a patch can be certified, they've done it another way so we can play without annoyance, Hacktivsion and E.A.(t all my money) learn from this...

New hot fixes today.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/998/borderlands-2-hot-fixes--2-5

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes

February 5, 2013

• Commando's Rifleman, Gunner and Shock Trooper class mods now correctly increase kill skill bonuses.
  • Increased Shock Spike shield damage by addressing issue where it was not being calculated properly.
  • Clients are now able to see explosions caused by Norfleets in multiplayer.
  • Thermitage (Sir Hammerlock DLC) is now friendlier and will no longer refuse to come play with some players.

Kudos for adding the new fix to the existing thread instead of creating a new one like some people would. I updated the OP, giving you credit.

Also of note: GBX accidentally upped Vermivorous's spawn rate in the caustic caverns during this hotfix then proceded to take it away as soon as they started seeing reports fly in at the GBX forums. Assholes.....amazing how fast they act to remove something that NOBODY was complaining about, huh?

Edited by ColdSpider72

Kudos for adding the new fix to the existing thread instead of creating a new one like some people would. I updated the OP, giving you credit.

Also of note: GBX accidentally upped Vermivorous's spawn rate in the caustic caverns during this hotfix then proceded to take it away as soon as they started seeing reports fly in at the GBX forums. Assholes.....amazing how fast they act to remove something that NOBODY was complaining about, huh?

No problem. I don't post much, I mainly just read and only add input if necessary. I only have 66 posts in 5 1/2 years. If there is one thing I have learned over these 5 1/2 years, it's post in the correct thread or feel the wrath of the internet.

Edited by heavydwayne

Son of a bitch! I've never got a varkid past Badass and this would have been real nice.