Achievement Guide

aPerfektFIaw

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt really going for how many people you kill... i was just explaining how i did it... you pretty much NEED to kill any enemy in the way, being that they are so powerful...

First, I want to thank aPerfektFIaw for the many guides he has posted on here. This is my first time posting on these forums, but I've read many many helpful posts by him and this is yet another stellar guide. :)

I just wanted to comment that the Nightmare achievement can be done without firing a weapon. (This is not a "correction" to your post, perfekt, but rather an alternate method if people are having trouble with it)

I read the walkthrough paragraph for this and thought "f*** that!" Instead, I just sprinted through the level (1-1), strafing constantly. The enemies may have good aim, but it sure isn't perfect. I made it to the end of the level with 25% health and the achievement was awarded upon level completion. Just 1 attempt.

Good luck, all!

thanks for the thumbs up buddy -- i think i posted an alternative way in this thread that is similar to what you said (about the sprinting)... only in my run, you have to kill just a couple guys, but you gain 200% armor and a big health pack along the way making it a lot easier...

always good to hear a compliment every now and then though :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ROOKIE

Get 50 kills on Xbox Live

Jump on Xbox Live and start killing. This isn’t in one game. Once you’ve accumulated 50 kills, you will be awarded this achievement.

DESTROYER

Get 100 kills on Xbox Live

Jump on Xbox Live and start killing. This isn’t in one game. Once you’ve accumulated 100 kills, you will be awarded this achievement.

NOTE: With the Kills over XBox Live you can just make a room with your buddies if you so please. Set the time to the highest time limit and unlimited frags. After a few games everyone should get both achievements.

Is it true that you have to finish a game in order for the frags to count towards those achievements?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't figure out how to get past the two minotaur guys on E1M8. I haven't killed one yet so not even sure how many rockets they take, but with the invisible things running around I die real fast =\

edit: Ok I'm an idiot...I didn't realize I could walk on the red lava type surface, that made things real easy. Wow the game gets a lot harder on the second episode.

Edited by spunyun

After checking leaderboards, I realized this an episode 9 for each mission.

There's a secret door at the end of E4M2, Perfect Hatred, that warps you to E4M9, Fear. It seems this level is for stocking up on ammo before you get to E4M3, Sever the Wicked.

-After you raise the blue pillar, go up the stairs (SAVE) and kill the "cyber demon" trapped on the left. (SAVE)

-Slowly move forward to trigger the door open and kill all the "cacodemons(?)" that come out. (SAVE)

-Grab all the ammo (not the suits) and any items in the room that the "cacodemons" opened, but do not exit from there.

-Go back to the stairs and descend. Take the teleport to your left and you'll spawn in the locked area where the "cyberdemon" was trapped. Grab the BFG and lower the barricade. (SAVE) Did you SAVE? Good.

-Take a right and grab the suit. Fall into the pit and follow the right wall and you'll quickly see an opened door to the secret exit that warps you to Episode 4 Mission 9, Fear.

After you complete E4M9, the game takes you back to E4M3 where you left off, but with more ammo.

Wow! What a great game!

DOOM 200/200 (Finished Sat. 25 April, 2009)

Edited by E vee dub

• 1 month later...
what does it mean when someone is going to PM u and how do u check them. im trying to do the contests

Do you mean on x360a or on xbox itself?

PM is sending a private message to view your xbox PM's navigate to them by using your guide button.

If you mean on x360a click on your name in the column to the right

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< here then find messages