This game really is terrible...Worst fighting game ever?

TEBellant

I can see why there isn't a DoA5...Honestly fighting the computer is like gambling if the computer wants you to lose you will...Not to mention I can never counter the computer even when I know exactly what its doing. I thought every other thread in here was just sucky players but this game really does blow! I cant believe it if the developers are still in business its insane. I regret playing this game...And apologize to all the good games I could be playing instead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I can see why there isn't a DoA5...Honestly fighting the computer is like gambling if the computer wants you to lose you will...Not to mention I can never counter the computer even when I know exactly what its doing. I thought every other thread in here was just sucky players but this game really does blow! I cant believe it if the developers are still in business its insane. I regret playing this game...And apologize to all the good games I could be playing instead.

i have too agree. i borrowed this off a friend(sfter i had played decent fighting games such as sc4 and tekken 6) and it was just crap. i dont suck at it, i got gold on the time trials, but that doesnt change that it is possibly the worst fighting game ever

In terms of the fighting gameplay, I actually prefer Dead or Alive 4 to Tekken 6... :) Also the stupid long loading screens in between every single match pisses me off with Tekken. I love the DoA4 online play - I was so addicted to it...

Tekken 6 does have an awesome campaign mode though - it's what made me play Tekken 6 for as long as I did.

Chi

In terms of the fighting gameplay, I actually prefer Dead or Alive 4 to Tekken 6... :) Also the stupid long loading screens in between every single match pisses me off with Tekken. I love the DoA4 online play - I was so addicted to it...

Tekken 6 does have an awesome campaign mode though - it's what made me play Tekken 6 for as long as I did.

Chi

haha lol ur right i did post that twice. not exactly but the basic message. then again both threads are pretty much the same

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I honestly thought people liked this game generally, at least I do. Out of all the fighting games I've ever played the Dead or Alive series is by far the best one according to me.

And about the computer "wanting you to lose". No, just no. Sorry, but you're just bad. Practice more.

It does feel a lot like winning is up to whether the cpu decides to slaughter you or not. It also just adds insult to injury the way it drags out combos by hitting you at the longest possible intervals it can without letting you block after you take one hit.

It's not my favourite fighting game but I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as saying worst ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This game is an amazing fighting game, every character is unique, multiple game modes, I hope the comment about "clunky" was a joke cus its so fluid its scary. I have to say I will stand by this as one of the best fighters out there, and ive played all of them, I play SSF4, but playing that pissed me off way more, and mvc3 is good but online sucks, and blazblue is incredible, next to MK(most of the time). This game is far from worst though

• 1 year later...

Yea, the computer is a cheating bastard. It don't know how many times I made it an inch of their health and I'm not allowed another hit in. Temco's model for DOA is to release it at the start of a console cycle so don't have to compete. It's why DOA5 just came out. They couldn't wait much longer. It also explains why I here online is a ghost town...

As much as I hate it though, the story modes still only took ten to fifteen minutes.

Edited by awesomepizza

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont really like it either, it cant get a feel for it and so it plays really slow

I dont even know how to counter, and because of that the Ai is able to combo me to death again cus of how slow it plays, the recoio from getting hit or hittingvsomeone who blocks is rediculous

Mortal kombat has always been the only real fighting game for me

Theachievements here are fucking insanely hard tough, im not gonna bother with them

I have games witch achievements take less time to learn and get and that i enjoy more than this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Dead or Alive 4 was fantastic with a really unique online lobby system, for better or for worse.

DOA 5 is superior, but DOA 4 was pretty great for its day. Very good for an early launch title.

This...

Dead or Alive is a great game when you get to understand the mechanics.

I mean sure the CPU will kick your balls sideways, but that's where you adapt and come up with new strategies. Buttonbashing and abusing the counter can only get you so far ;)