Official Bitching Thread

MyRifleIsBroken

Another beef I got with this game is: why isn't anyone playing Public Pure Survivalist Co-Op?!

I've started a game to get the Co-Op missions out of the way (though I keep playing after thr misson is complete. It seems only fair)... And I've been sitting here for something like an hour waiting for the "Co-Op Partner is waiting for you to reach a checkpoint" to come up.

(Hell, I even have the devil horns, in case the other guy wants things the easy way).

I was planning to do my Classic run first, then stick on co-op for my PS run, but feel free to add me and I'll play through it co-op with you. GT is Th3 Majica if you do. And I don't care what guns you use....the devil horns are quite ammusing, especially what I assume is the reload animation lol.

I have another bitch. I hate how the flying sections seem really difficult in co-op because your partner gets in the way. Even if they boost and you don't you stay at the same level so bump into each other. Rarely do those sections first try in co-op.

Edited by Majica8

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck this stupid game. I hate the annoying and confusing save system that would require me to restart from I don't even know where because I don't know how it works. I prefer the way they did it in dead space. Sometimes the controls are unresponsive. More than once I want to shoot, stasis or stomp but my character doesn't do shit and my controller works perfectly fine and I calmly press the buttons. There were times when I TK'd a necro's limb and shoot it at another necro but the fucking limb just goes through the damned necro.

But other than that there are things I really like such as the co-op, weapon crafting and the story.

Fuck this stupid game. I hate the annoying and confusing save system that would require me to restart from I don't even know where because I don't know how it works. I prefer the way they did it in dead space.

When it says "Progress saving....." it's like a save station. Pretty simple if you ask me :confused:

Anyone else have a problem with shooting necromorphs that are on the ground right in front of you? I know in DS2 your weapon would sometimes go through them and not harm them if you fired, but in this one my gun can be right above their head/body while they are at my feet, I'll fire several times but nothing. Kind of annoying to waste health like that :/ I know I should probably stomp them but I never really think of using stomp/melee for killing them.

help please im at chapter 6 where u have to clear the gears out with the turret. when i get thrown into space my health drains and i die. the life meter on the turret is green, just wondering if anyone knows about a fix for this. i had to jump into someone elses game to ass this chapter on normal but im on a classic run now. oh and i hate this game for that theres my bitch

The lack of any kind of LAN/system link play is ridiculous, considering the main draw of both cheesy horror and co-op games is to play them in the same room as your buddy. Owning two copies of the game isn't enough anymore, you need two LIVE accounts linked to EA accounts with an online pass redeemed to play with your friend. What a load of shit.

The lack of any kind of LAN/system link play is ridiculous, considering the main draw of both cheesy horror and co-op games is to play them in the same room as your buddy. Owning two copies of the game isn't enough anymore, you need two LIVE accounts linked to EA accounts with an online pass redeemed to play with your friend. What a load of shit.

An argument against local co-op is that the host who plays as Isaac cannot see what Carver sees in the side missions. I know that is a fraction of the game, but it wouldn't have the same affect in local play.

When it says "Progress saving....." it's like a save station. Pretty simple if you ask me :confused:

Anyone else have a problem with shooting necromorphs that are on the ground right in front of you? I know in DS2 your weapon would sometimes go through them and not harm them if you fired, but in this one my gun can be right above their head/body while they are at my feet, I'll fire several times but nothing. Kind of annoying to waste health like that :/ I know I should probably stomp them but I never really think of using stomp/melee for killing them.

Yes it is simple but sometimes when I reload the game, it doesn't start where it last 'saved'. For example yesterday I played chapter 14 and I took the GEOLOGY route. I completed it and went back to the starting area and saw that PROGRESS SAVING thing. I then proceeded to the biology route but then decided to quit, so I paused and went to 'save and quit'. Next time I loaded the game I had to start at the beginning and had to re-do the geology route. I thought I could load to where I stopped after completing the geology route since PROGRESS is SAVED?

I prefer the save station on previous games because it's clearer where I stop and where I'll start again when I choose to continue. Unlike this game where I'm sure I stopped and saved somewhere but when I continue I'm like somewhere different and have to re-do shit which is freaking annoying.

And I also have that problem about shooting enemies right in front of me. Sometimes I shoot, but the character doesn't shoot but just stands there aiming. Got messed up plenty of times because of this. Same goes for when I try to use stasis, he just stands there aiming. THen I get pissed off because they start to hit me and I get stunned and lose health and all that shit. Even when using the plasma cutter and I aim + RB to rotate the aim, it doesn't work. And I know for sure that it's not my controller that is spoiled, it works very well when I play halo 4.

It won't be in my sig forever, so here's the hardcore moaning. It actually has explanations.

http://hurricaneof87.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/dead-space-3-moans-27.html

Only thing I forgot was Earl Serrano. Worst Dead Space 'character' by far. Exists only for exposition. Abysmally voice acted or bad script? A lot from both columns.

Tossed his rucksack down the hole and left his corpse to rot some more. Feel the hurt.

It won't be in my sig forever, so here's the hardcore moaning. It actually has explanations.

Only thing I forgot was Earl Serrano. Worst Dead Space 'character' by far. Exists only for exposition. Abysmally voice acted or bad script? A lot from both columns.

Tossed his rucksack down the hole and left his corpse to rot some more. Feel the hurt.

Your blog post just made my ride home much more enjoyable.

t was Earl Serrano. Worst Dead Space 'character' by far. Exists only for exposition. Abysmally voice acted or bad script? A lot from both columns.

Everytime I heard his fucking name I was thinking MAX PAYNE 3 all the way:

http://maxpayne.wikia.com/wiki/Serrano

They could've picked a different name, just annoying!

It only felt/sounded right when the projector was explaining about the moon. It just seemed like an outdated public service announcement.

I did enjoy the semi-return/nod to Dr. Kyne in some areas. One i definitely noticed was his voice was entering/exiting the Rosetta lab and the warning "Decontamination In Progress. Please Hold Still."

Plus I loved that he narrated the Previously On Dead Space in #2. Just as well, he voiced the Didact in Halo 4. Well played too.

Playing Pure Survival, fighting the end boss. The tentacles show up for the first time and when I destroy both, the platform just disappears. Isaac says "Son of a..." and then he disappears. All that is left is the HUD from the RIG for an audio signal. Just the music is playing with a reddish gray screen. What the fuck?

Playing Pure Survival, fighting the end boss. The tentacles show up for the first time and when I destroy both, the platform just disappears. Isaac says "Son of a..." and then he disappears. All that is left is the HUD from the RIG for an audio signal. Just the music is playing with a reddish gray screen. What the fuck?

Sounds like Isaac is furious as you are as to what the hell is going on. I've had some weird instances in DS, but not like that. Maybe you weren't quick enough with the shooting of the tentacles?

Sounds like Isaac is furious as you are as to what the hell is going on. I've had some weird instances in DS, but not like that. Maybe you weren't quick enough with the shooting of the tentacles?

I think I might have been too fast. I was using the Devil's Horns and had them both destroyed before they finished setting down on the platform.

On my hardcore run I did a back-up at the swinging ice lift, came back into the game and got a in-game notification (hardcore mode complete - 8-bit mode unlocked) no achievement. Finished the game and still got no achievement.

halfway through chapter 4 doing the second mission my co-op partner who was the host got disconnected from the EA servers....does this mean we have to start chapter 4 all over?

You'll have to start from the last checkpoint you got to, or maybe the last time you got the "progress saving" icon. It should have saved some of your progress if you were halfway through the chapter.

If it was a side mission you were doing, then you would have to start that mission from the start, but not the entire chapter.

You'll have to start from the last checkpoint you got to, or maybe the last time you got the "progress saving" icon. It should have saved some of your progress if you were halfway through the chapter.

If it was a side mission you were doing, then you would have to start that mission from the start, but not the entire chapter.

fuck....oh well. Better then starting from the beginning....we are doing a casual, collectible run so I guess we'll see where we are tonight.

Just read the news (potential rumor) that EA may have cancelled the production of Dead Space 4. If it is true then this may be a blessing in disguise, I suppose. Why do all successful survival horror games eventually start trying to ditch the elements that made them amazing in order to try to appeal to the Call of Duty crowd? Too many video game companies are selling out. Dead Space 3 is a decent game but it wasn't what fans were expecting. I, for one, never experienced a single genuine scare in this installment. You know you've lost touch with your fan base when customers start referring to a Dead Space game as "Mass Effect in space". :(

Edited by Buruma