Glitch Discussion

I have a glitch on the game, where you have to ignite 6 of the torches by using the pink levitation spell (In hogwarts) nothing happens when you do it (and all the torches are lit now anyway).

Are you talking about the six floating candles in the main hallway or the wall mounted torches? If it is the torches that you mean then there are nine of them and the last three are actually in the outer corridor. There are also eight more torches in the Lessons Hallway so don't confuse them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'm not sure if mine's a glitch with the game (hope so) or my 360 being stupid. The game isn't showing on my played games list on the 360 although it shows on the list on xbox.com. If a friend compares achievements on the 360 it shows up but way down the games list, as if I played it years ago.

Also, it says I got 165 for 4 achievements but the 'Arachnophobic' achievement DEFINITELY plinked on top of those too!

I've tried the age old solution of turning the 360 off and back on, tried doing a bit on free play to see if it's show up after that and nope.

Any ideas??

Hmm, I'm not sure if mine's a glitch with the game (hope so) or my 360 being stupid. The game isn't showing on my played games list on the 360 although it shows on the list on xbox.com. If a friend compares achievements on the 360 it shows up but way down the games list, as if I played it years ago.

Also, it says I got 165 for 4 achievements but the 'Arachnophobic' achievement DEFINITELY plinked on top of those too!

I've tried the age old solution of turning the 360 off and back on, tried doing a bit on free play to see if it's show up after that and nope.

Any ideas??

Possibly delete your gamertag from your xbox and recover it? im not to sure just an idea

Cheers :drunk

Any ideas??

Sounds like an xbox glitch if you ask me.

Any ideas??

ARGGGHH! Today, I got the 'Chilled Out', 'Head Boy', 'Multiplier' and 'Story Complete' achievements. All of them 'plinked'. Now I've checked it hasn't given me ANY of them :mad:

Are you playing on the profile linked to the site? Because you only have 4 on that. Maybe you just weren't signed in?

Yep, that's what I mean, I was definitely signed in on thaty profile but it's only showing 4 when more than 'plinked'. As I said, I've finished the first play through and it's still not showing 'story complete' even though that popped too.

I deleted and recovered my profile yesterday so am gonna see if that works but I'm not convinced.....

Has the gold brick in the clocktower when you have to go to the last been fixed yet? I do not want to play this game all over again just for one brick

As no-one has answered this I would like to re-ask the same question. Would like to complete the game but glitched clocktower & main hall gold bricks & am not going to replay the whole game

okay i put the purple Gear in the Clocktower on the rest of the gear like there is standing in the guide but nothing happen. sp i have ONE question, WHAT THE FUCK IS a Parseltongue door??? i have never heard that word in my life and when im google it i get links about LEGO HP and not a single pic that shows how it looks like??? PLZ help

Parseltongue is the Harry-only spell (Hermione and Ron don't learn it) that allows him to talk in snake language. Hence a parseltongue 'door' is a large snake head that harry needs to target with the spell to open it. It doesn't necessarily open a door, it can also make an object appear.

• 2 weeks later...
I was missing 2 SIPs, 1 is the student in the 2nd Herbology Room. I got all ingredients to the strength potion and then opened the door but there was no SIP in there. Came back later on and the door is open and the SIP is there with stars going round his head and I can't do anything to 'save' him so I think I'm going to have start all over :mad:

I ran into the same problem with the SIP in the 2nd herbology room. Is there any solution to this, or am I going to be forced to start over?

I ran into the same problem with the SIP in the 2nd herbology room. Is there any solution to this, or am I going to be forced to start over?

I haven't heard of any solution to it and didn't find one when I ran into this problem. I only needed a few more things to complete the game. I think I was 98% complete and ended up having to restart the whole game over. Fortunately didn't have any problems 2nd time round.

I just cured Ron from being sick in Hagrid's garden but i'm not sure I got the gold brick from it. As I cured him and the cutscene was about to start I was on the thing that lifts you into the Gold Brick. As the cutscene started it said I had unlocked the Gold Brick but i'm not sure if it added to the total. Just wondering if anyone else has unlocked a Brick like that?

By the way, I also completed the Time Turner mini-level and got the other gold brick.

As no-one has answered this I would like to re-ask the same question. Would like to complete the game but glitched clocktower & main hall gold bricks & am not going to replay the whole game

Seems not, it's a shame because I have played every Lego game and this one has put me off lego games forever. 1 block not only keeps me from 100% it jeeps me from like 5 achievements

I am missing year 2 level 4 and I am not sure how to get it? Is there a way when I finish playing all 4 years that I can play story mode without choosing one level at a time like all 6 in succession? I am not sure how I don't have that level. Weird. But anyways let me know please as I am now wondering if I should start over as I have only done year one, story mode so far in this playthrough. Although I have played though previously until 98.2 or 98.4% completion and had a SIP glitch occur. Urrrgghh. Thanks for any advice.

I am missing year 2 level 4 and I am not sure how to get it? Is there a way when I finish playing all 4 years that I can play story mode without choosing one level at a time like all 6 in succession? I am not sure how I don't have that level. Weird. But anyways let me know please as I am now wondering if I should start over as I have only done year one, story mode so far in this playthrough. Although I have played though previously until 98.2 or 98.4% completion and had a SIP glitch occur. Urrrgghh. Thanks for any advice.

When you've finished just go back to the Leaky Cauldron, next to the stairs there's a board where you can choose to do any level of any year on either freeplay or story mode and you can get it there =)