any tips for tbeating juno aka teddy bear head

uh oh its renaud

so i think his name is juno the dude with the teddy bear head u fight in the snow.... holy shit he is hard way. but im sure he will be easy once i figure out his lil secret jus like number 6 the rpg guy and afro bot.

if anyone can give me any tips that would be appreciated.... yes i know im flodding the forums but hey this game rules

He was pretty hard for me at first,i tried a lot of different combos some worked some didn't.

What i did to beat him was the combo B,B,Y,Y,Y,Y.that does 3 kicks,3 slashes and a jump slash.with the jump slash you some times dodge his attacks.He will jump around a lot dodging but if you keep doing that you can kill him.

also attack him when he jumps into a crouch he doesn't block then.:uzi:

What about final form on HARD?

I'm stuck at the fight before the one in the building on Hard. He's able to block while moving (side step, rolling, jumping), able to instantly recover and attack while blocking. This is insane.

EDIT: Ok, just finished Kuma's Story on Hard. Here's how I beat him:

Play keep-away the entire time, through all stages. Stay a good distance from him, 20-30ft or so. Run around in a big circle. Wait for him to do his lunge combo, he'll do a lunge, then either 1 or 2 more strikes in this combo, usually only 1 more. As soon as he swings the last strike, hit him with XXX YYY then move away as fast as possible. You'll want the first X to hit him with the tip of the blade, this way he doesn't block your combo. Also, try to get him from the side, stay away from his front and back.

Once you enter his final form, (no bear head) keep the same keep-away strategy, but wait for him to do a jump move, one of the big ones where he goes high in the air or the one where he lands on his back on the ground. As soon as he lands, run up and do a charged focus Y attack. You'll need to him him with this attack 10-15 times before you finally finish him off. Also, make sure to save the Otsuru bear until you're at his final form, you should be able to get to his final form without getting hit if you're careful.

If he blocks any attack you do, immediately run away or he'll combo the crap out of you and it'll be over.

This strategy is kinda time consuming so if you fail, it feels like a lot of wasted time, but stay patient, that's the key here. I spent over an hour trying to beat him on the fight right before you go up the tower before I figured this strategy out and started taking my time.

Good luck, he's a pain on Hard. I beat him on Normal in 1 try, no deaths. I also carried over my stats to Hard, if I hadn't I don't know if I could've beaten him.

Edited by DemonI81

Not to be an elitest d-bag or anything, but his name is spelled "Jinno" and is pronounced Geno.

Most people just call him "Kuma" when he has the Teddy Bear head on because Kuma is Japanese for bear.

i like your pic of ninja ninja... even tho you are correcting me lol

jinno is a biznitch to beat when his mask gets cut off on hard... very difficult

i like your pic of ninja ninja... even tho you are correcting me lol

jinno is a biznitch to beat when his mask gets cut off on hard... very difficult

I'm not making fun of you or anything, I'm just letting you know for future reference. As for the gamerpic, I tried to be original, because everyone else has Jinno as theres and I've had Afro as mine for too long and for whatever reason I'm really starting to become a big Ninja Ninja fan right now.

This strategy is kinda time consuming so if you fail, it feels like a lot of wasted time, but stay patient, that's the key here. I spent over an hour trying to beat him on the fight right before you go up the tower before I figured this strategy out and started taking my time.

Thank you thank you thank you! I was stuck in the same spot as your for a solid hour and a half trying every attack variation I could think of...got him the second try using your sideswipe/keepaway tactic.

i just beat Kuma or Jinno or whatever his name is :p

it took me 2 tries to get it done, he's not ultra hard, if you actually keep attacking non-stop, i tried the BBYYY strategy but he would always block all of my attacks, so all that i did was attack him with a XXXYYYXXXYYYXXYYY combination (you get the idea) and every time that he would lower his guard and let a hit in, i would get around 10 hits on him, so in my opinion that would be the best strategy for this fight.

strangely now that i'm used to the mechanics of the game, hard mode seems easier than normal mode lol except for the damage factor. (and afro bot was the easiest boss i have ever seen in my entire gaming life, it's just a matter of spamming the YYYY attack - ending with the jump slash downwards move)

attempting the nonstop combo thing, he keeps interrupting it every little bit with his multiple quick slash attack, god damn that thing's annoying. This dude sucks on hard, the difficulty jumped from "meh" to pretty damn high out of the blue

EDIT: all right this boss is officially dumb, I've been at it for half an hour. whose idea was it to have him use his single most damaging attack without warning? and god help you if you have the thumbstick accidentally clicked in when you attack. prepare for an infinite loop of flying spinning death.

EDIT EDIT: Kay, I did it. Patience is key, as the above posters said. Also I would like to add that you should not find yourself in a corner with the douchebag, or you're setting yourself up for flying spinny death.

Edited by Tarlol

Thank you thank you thank you! I was stuck in the same spot as your for a solid hour and a half trying every attack variation I could think of...got him the second try using your sideswipe/keepaway tactic.

No problem man. I had such a hard time until I figured out my method I felt I had to share it and try to save others the irritation. I was ready to smash my controller at times.

I found another good way (since for whatever reason he blocked whatever combo I threw at him) was to just do focused slices. Usually took him down pretty quick and he didn't usually block him. This is on Hard though....on easy....well he was easy.

I also think a complete bullshit move he does...which I believe he starts the 3rd time you see him is that he'll slice you....you block it...then he does that spinning in the air move....which you can't block and it rapes you on hard. :mad:

so i think his name is juno the dude with the teddy bear head u fight in the snow.... holy shit he is hard way. but im sure he will be easy once i figure out his lil secret jus like number 6 the rpg guy and afro bot.

if anyone can give me any tips that would be appreciated.... yes i know im flodding the forums but hey this game rules

ok man, i'll give you the best advice, use simple combo's on juno and when he attacks, block and leap over him, attacking him from the back is the way to go, it's tedious and repetative, but that was the best way i beat him

Once you enter his final form, (no bear head) keep the same keep-away strategy, but wait for him to do a jump move, one of the big ones where he goes high in the air or the one where he lands on his back on the ground. As soon as he lands, run up and do a charged focus Y attack. You'll need to him him with this attack 10-15 times before you finally finish him off. Also, make sure to save the Otsuru bear until you're at his final form, you should be able to get to his final form without getting hit if you're careful.

If he blocks any attack you do, immediately run away or he'll combo the crap out of you and it'll be over.

Bro thanks for this one. If you're ever in Texas I'll buy you a beer. Worked great. However, after trying to beat Kuma/Junno for nearly two hours I did learn a couple of things. Do run, but don't run in too wide of a circle. If you do the camera will loose Kuma and he'll cut you off. Run Clock-wise. This is a biggie. Running counter-clockwise will make it easier for Kuma to use his spinning whirlwind kick move on you while you're making laps. And the 10-15 perfect slices needed to kill him is a very conservative estimate. If I had to guess, I would put it upwards of 20.

Thanks again bro.

Bro thanks for this one. If you're ever in Texas I'll buy you a beer. Worked great. However, after trying to beat Kuma/Junno for nearly two hours I did learn a couple of things. Do run, but don't run in too wide of a circle. If you do the camera will loose Kuma and he'll cut you off. Run Clock-wise. This is a biggie. Running counter-clockwise will make it easier for Kuma to use his spinning whirlwind kick move on you while you're making laps. And the 10-15 perfect slices needed to kill him is a very conservative estimate. If I had to guess, I would put it upwards of 20.

Thanks again bro.

I'm glad it helped. I always ran counter clockwise, did get hit a few times, but not much.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the 10-15, I lost count somewhere around 11 or 12 then just guessed.

the way i did it was to just keep attacking him. When u see blood shoot out u focus and hit him with an x attack. Just repeat and he dies pretty easily. and this was on hard mode by the way.

I tried this, for a long time, before I started playing keep-away. He'd block for a bit then pop up and whirlwind blade the crap out of me.

EDIT:Some misc info: I've seen some people trying to correct people for saying "Kuma". I just rewatched the show and here's the deal. Jinno was given the birth name "Jinno". After almost dying as a child, an evil maniac working for the Empty 7 transformed Jinno into Kuma.

Think X-Men, Wolverine is born Logan, after some crazy science stuff by some equally crazy guys, he becomes Wolverine.

Kuma is Jinno's code name given to him by his "creator". Wolverine is Logan's code name given to him by his "creator".

Edited by DemonI81

EDIT:Some misc info: I've seen some people trying to correct people for saying "Kuma". I just rewatched the show and here's the deal. Jinno was given the birth name "Jinno". After almost dying as a child, an evil maniac working for the Empty 7 transformed Jinno into Kuma.

Think X-Men, Wolverine is born Logan, after some crazy science stuff by some equally crazy guys, he becomes Wolverine.

Kuma is Jinno's code name given to him by his "creator". Wolverine is Logan's code name given to him by his "creator".

It is definitely kuma..but wolverine was not born logan..thats a name he took..his real name is james howlett.

ook i dont kno if this has been said but this guy is really easy dont run stay close to him parry his attacks when u get to the

FIRST N SECOND FIGHT fight just to parrys then bbb,yyy

THRID FIGHT 2 parrys then bbb,yyy

PHASE TWO 3 parrys then bbb,yyy

PHASE THREE 4 parrys bbb,yyy( its all timing with parrys stay close to him dont let him barrel roll)

FOURTH FIGHT (building) 4 parrys then xxx,yyy kick no longer works stay close again

FINAL FIGHT- untill u get the head off its the same as fight 4

after head comes off just run around until he jumps into the air and hit the ground xxx,yyy focus y or x rinse and repeat untill u can do multiple focuses

and hes all done

ook i dont kno if this has been said but this guy is really easy dont run stay close to him parry his attacks when u get to the

PHASE THREE 4 parrys bbb,yyy( its all timing with parrys stay close to him dont let him barrel roll)

FOURTH FIGHT (building) 4 parrys then xxx,yyy kick no longer works stay close again

after head comes off just run around until he jumps into the air and hit the ground xxx,yyy focus y or x rinse and repeat untill u can do multiple focuses

and hes all done

Exactly. His swords glows when you need to block/parry. The 3rd parry out of 4 is the hardest cause you have to wait until the absolute last second. Simple really.

• 1 year later...

and hes all done

I can second this method. Worked a treat. 4th fight parries took were tricky to get the timing. Once I had it, the fight got much easier. I tried the running around method and it took toooooooo long. Parrying is the way forward.

Another tip for the final fight (bear head completely off) - use Focus + Y when he does the high jumps. Even from a distance is does damage and you can keep well out of the way.