Lost Odyssey FAQ (spoilers)

highpass

Q: What is the fastest way to gain SP?

A: Kill silver kelelons in Numara Atoll. 16 per kill, use gamble to kill them.

Q: How does the Auction House in Saman work?

A: The Auction House's stock is made up purely of items you missed from places that are no longer accessible (Grand Staff etc), and will include any type of item (bomb, healing item, seed, etc).

Q: Is there anything I can miss during a playthrough?

A: Shieldus and Barricadus must be obtained before you leave Gohtza on disc 3. Everything else can be found at the Auction House if missed.

Q: What level do the mortals have to be before I unlock their "Skill Master" achievements?

A: 52, except for Tolten who unlocks a couple levels lower, provided you have learned his final skill by unsealing all of the Golden Seals.

Q: How do I unlock the immortal's "Skill Master" achievements?

A: You must learn all of each mortal's skills, and every accessory skill, totalling 164. The Weapon Guard 2 DLC does not count towards this.

Q: How do these Cubic Music Score mini-games work?

A: Use one party member for each note played during one bar. For example: ERGF EDCR would require four characters, the first hits Key E, the second hits the Rest Key, third G, fourth F, turn ends, then the first hits E, and so on, whilst GEGBA GFDCR would require five characters. Note that a character's attack speed is of no consequence.

Q: What are the Pipot Pot rewards?

A: 20 Seeds: Adamantis Sword, Adaman Ring

40 Seeds: Earth Charm

60 Seeds: Power Bangle

80 Seeds: Gigan(?) Brooch

99 Seeds: Pipot Charm

Q: What do I do with these odd seeds (Spiky, Prickly, Smooth, etc)?

A: They're part of a trade chain:-

Spiky Seed: Pipot in Gohtza Refugee Camp

Prickly Seed: Pipot in Saman

Solid Seed: Pipot in Uhra

Tough Seed: Pipot in Numara

Fuzzy Seed: Pipot in Grand Staff Construction Base

Rough Seed: Pipot in Mountain Village Tosca

Smooth Seed: Pipot in White Boa

Puffy Seed: Pipot in Pirate Fortress

Reward: Bracelet of Efficiency

Note this chain must be completed if you want the immortal's Skill Master achievements. Each seed's destination can also be found by reading its description from within your item list.

Q: Where can I find the locations of Pipot Pots, Invisible Chests, Gold Seals, Lost Pirates, Cubic Music Scores, and Backyard Keys?

A: Check this thread

Q: Where are all these Thousand Years of Dreams?

A: Check this thead

Q: Where are all the spells?

Q: Where are all 99 seeds?

Q: Where are all the slot seeds?

Only post if you have a question to be added.

Cheers: HP, Pants, StalkingGrunt911, kantizuni, Captainamerica, Inval1d, nointro

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I notice a lot of the treasure troves are Staff/Ring sets. The description of the rings usually says: "Houses the power of XYZ staff". The rings themselves seem to have bonuses related to melee combat, yet the sets usually say "Jansen Only" or "Cooke Only".

Does wearing the set unlock a spell that i'm not aware of? Does melee combat while weilding the set cast a specific spell?

If not...then what is the point of spells like Black Staff and White staff? as far as the casters are concerned, these are just sticks to make you look pretty, as I've yet to see one that adds attributes to spellcasting stats.

• 4 weeks later...
A: 52, except for Tolten who unlocks a couple levels lower, provided you have learned his final skill by unsealing all of the Golden Seals.

tolten just has to be level 49 to unlock this achievement the seals are a sidequest but has nothing to do with the skill mastr achievement. i unlocked it a long time ago but have yet to finish the royal seals

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm not a fan of playing through games while using a guide. Can I just play through this whole game normally (provided that I grab those two spells that don't appear in the auction house), and then backtrack from the end of the game for the achievements when I'm done?

Same way as I would like to play. Does anyone know the answer?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Question: How do you quickly repeat the same moves that you chose the previous turn? (In other words, is there a shortcut to repeating the same moves as your last turn... As to avoid repeatedly cycling through your spell list each turn)

Thanks in advance.

I do not believe there is. Gotta cycle through them all manually. If someone can prove me wrong, please do as it would help this person out. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I do not believe there is. Gotta cycle through them all manually. If someone can prove me wrong, please do as it would help this person out. ;)

Pres Y in game for your menu, and go to system, then settings menu and you can turn on "save battle cursor" and it will automatically put your cursor on your previous spell/attack every time.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...