How quick did you get to a big 3 car?

Bakestoke

won wdc in 1st season with virgin, picked webber as my championship rival and got a red bull seat for season 2.

oddly though i won the wdc and constructors in season 2 but red bull didnt offer me another contract so i've gone to mcclaren for season 3 having picked hamilton as my championship rival in season 2....!!

I assume that's in a 3 year career, I am currently just over midway through my 4th season and it is only now that the big teams are taking notice of my obvious talent :p with an offer from ferrari currently guaranteed according to my agent.

I assume that's in a 3 year career, I am currently just over midway through my 4th season and it is only now that the big teams are taking notice of my obvious talent :p with an offer from ferrari currently guaranteed according to my agent.

Who did you pick as your rival?

5year contract, first year with Virgin I picked out Hamilton as my rival and got his seat at the end of the year. Next year I picked out Seb but I got Webbers seat that time

If i choose to go to Red Bull, what driver will i be teamed with? I don't want to take Vettel out, I don't want Webber. If i can't have Vettel then i am going to Renault because i like the yellow car. Looks the best :)

It seems that the championship rival you choose, you replace that driver if you accept for their team. For your situation, if you choose Webber as your championship rival, you should replace him if you go to Red Bull.

Who did you pick as your rival?

5year contract, first year with Virgin I picked out Hamilton as my rival and got his seat at the end of the year. Next year I picked out Seb but I got Webbers seat that time

i picked out hamilton after driving for lotus first season, i stayed with them for a second season as i had already won both the WDC and WCC and saw no point in moving as i was the quickest car (this was on easy). $6.5mill

2nd season won the WDC and placed 2nd in WCC picked out webber as main rival (this time on hard setting). $5.5mill

3rd season moved to force india where i had a terrible season in the WCC but still plucked out the WDC on the penultimate race this time with hamilton as my main rival. $17.5mill

4th season back to lotus with a suprisingly quick car, as i didnt think they evolved as seasons go on (and still dont, i just think im better :p). just about to start practice for spa when i finish posting this, got an offer from lotus for a renewel which i rejected as i am eyeing a bigger team now, perhaps mercedes or renault (both of which i turned down last season) as im always being challenged by petrov, kubica and schumacher in my slower car down the straights. currently top of WDC table by some margin still on hard setting, i will only go to expert when i get in a decent car. WCC seems a right off this year so i will just throw it if i get close so i can get the cheevo for moving to a bigger team. chosen vettel as my main rival. $22.5mill

im currently on a rep of 33, ferrari requires a rep of 36, mclaren a rep of 38 and red bull a rep of 37. I will probably hit the dizzying heights of 38 by maybe mid way through next season or early in the 6th i reckon. i will take the RB drive if i get offered it, but i want to finish my career at mclaren.

EDIT: this is all being done in short race weekend with 20% race distance, i will skip practice if there isnt an R&D test.

EDIT 2: I just finished spa after declaring my main rival to be vettel, i took pole and the win and got offered a $26mill deal to be the 2nd driver at red bull! onwards to monza. I achieved a rep of 34 before i got this offer. Also it wont let me decline the offer for some reason, im hoping its still their after i crash out at monza as RB are currently 2 points behind me in the contructors, should hopefully unlock the achievement after this race.

EDIT 3: after taking several cars out of the race on turn 1 i am hugley satisfied with myself. I am now a confirmed red bull driver for season 5. hope that answers the OP's original question

Edited by Nanbag

williams season 1, then Red Bull season 2, just about to start season 3 and gonna join Mclaren :)

lucky for those who chose a 3 season career i suppose, unlucky for those who did and are still expecting to get the 7 year career achievement :)

My first year in almost over and i just got an offer from red bull, but i have a question. Is it possible to get a first seat offer from a big three team after the first season. I chose weber and my rival and have won all but 2 races in the season, but i am still being offered the second seat. Is this normal?

this has happened to me in each season of 3 so far despite having the game on easy and dominating the opposition (currently working towards schuperb achievement - at least that's my excuse for playing on easy anyway).

season 1 with virgin won WDC but didn't get promoted to driver 1

season 2 with red bull taken on as 2nd driver - won WDC & WCC

season 3 with mclaren taken on as 2nd driver

seems that the picking of the championship rival is the sole driver of getting an offer from one of the big 3 rather than rank or driving ability. either way i think you have to really rank up to get a seat as a no. 1 driver.

• 2 weeks later...

in my final season of 7 with ferrari 2nd driver, only reason i moved from mclaren is that they wouldnt give me the number 1 driver spot despite out qualifying and out racing hamilton in every race. held out for as long as possible but then they woulbnt renew my contract so had no choice but to sign for ferrari.

on a side note i cocked up the expert glitch 3 seasons running now :( im far too excited by winning the race or coming in the top 3 that i forget to change my settings back before i cross the line. i got all the way to monza this time where all i had to do was win and the championship was mine, but i came 5th and forgot to change settings back :(

• 2 weeks later...

First Season - Lotus - Only won the driver's championship

Second Season - Red Bull - Won both championships but would not renew contract

Third Season - Ferrari - Had to go with the only other team with a decent car offering a contract

In my first season I chose Vetel as my main rival and replaced him, same with my second season I chose Alonso and I have replaced him

Loving the game

• 1 month later...