Severed DLC Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Jumnious

Something to note: this DLC does NOT support New Game + (or at least I didn't see that it did), so for the Vet. cheevo you have to start all naked (minus the Foam Finger or any DLC suits you purchased).

Just so you know.

I got confused with this one so thanks Jummy for clearing that one for me! Pew! Pew! Bang Bang!

Awesome guide, mate!!! :woop: Keep it up!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say 250GS difficulty is more like 7/10.

Chapter 2 start is ridiculous unless you have plenty of decent weapons already & full ammo had to play that for about 2 hours to get past it. First time I played got past it straight away then got killed in the next room as had no ammo left. Lot of that battle is trial & error random luck skill plays little part.

Thank goodness, I must of tried 10 different times to get the right setup to grind them, but I'd either do too much damage and kill him, or I'd die trying to kite him near it and blow him back into it. Having a visual reference will make it alot easier.

Here you go bud, what I did for The Grinder. Makes it really simple.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_aMlLF_epQ]YouTube - Dead Space 2 Severed Grind House[/ame]

Are the achievements in order as you would attain them in a single playthrough? Also, thanks for the guide.

Yes, I made the guide as if you gain the achievements in that order.

Also updated guide with Grinder video by FSparacino4, and elaborated more on what is available in the DLC.

All I did to get the grinder achievement, was walk into the grinder. I accidentally backed into it and it popped up. I'm pretty sure nothing jumped in after wards, as there were no enemies on screen. Also, thanks for the guide! :D

Yea, I'm pretty much going to accept the fact that the achievement will be achieved randomly by different means. I watched this video and a little after the three minute mark you see he got the achievement... somehow?!

http://www.giantbomb.com/ask-me-anything-dead-space-2-severed/17-3833/

Another good way to get the grinder achievement is to kill all of the enemies in the room except for one guy. Get him near the big grinder and freeze him with stasis and nudge him into the grinder lol. At least, thats what I did haha :p

• 3 weeks later...

Great guide! Used it to get all the missables and now going through on Zealot just to enjoy the challenge. One bit of advice - when you start DO NOT sell the rifle. Instead go to the bench and spend the $5,000 to re-spec the rifle. You will get 10 power nodes to use how you want. I had the Zealot suit from my main play through. Any suits and/or weapons are available and free at the first store. The store will offer to buy the specked rifle for $50,000. That only gives enough money to buy 5 nodes. By respecking instead of selling the rifle you get 10 nodes (value = $100,000). Essentially end up with an additional $50,000. I then shifted to the Force Gun (free with the Zealot Suit) and the original Plasma Cutter (free if you had a previous DS save). With the $50,000 the game starts you with and 10 nodes you are well on your way to a fully loaded weapon.

Applies to all of Dead Space 2

FYI.....Xbox360achievements.com is WRONG on the roadmap saying that their is no glitched achievements. Got the kill four necros with one ripper blade i only killed 2 while melee swinging and the achievement popped. Also i only got 97 audio logs and the 100 audio logs achievement popped for me. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......No glitched achievements huh?

Applies to all of Dead Space 2

FYI.....Xbox360achievements.com is WRONG on the roadmap saying that their is no glitched achievements. Got the kill four necros with one ripper blade i only killed 2 while melee swinging and the achievement popped. Also i only got 97 audio logs and the 100 audio logs achievement popped for me. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......No glitched achievements huh?

First of all take the stick out of your butt. Secondly yes it may say that there are no glitches, but that doesn't mean you have to believe them. Third it seems you were given beneficial glitches which mean I wouldn't be complaining if I were you, in fact your statement voids anything that would warrant any complaint. Your new on the site somewhat I'd suggest you keep sticking around the forums, because it all matters behind the scenes not the plastered achievement guide

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

very good guide thank you, i really like the face you can use the foam finger gun straight away lol, I didn't want to use it cos I thought it might spoil the game as I love it anyway but i used it on the zealot runthrough lol

• 1 month later...